This post had me cracking up but also perked up my ears….

Some interesting information in this humorous article…

The Regimental Standard is a faux-news paper set in the 41st millennium and is a good laugh. However, in the article talking about Reivers (whom again, I am stoked for!) beyond the seriously funny parts about warning the Imperial Guardsmen how to interact with these dark warriors (not at all!) and providing a landing zone for them with their bodies if needs be, haha, there was an interesting couple of bits.

For one, the chapter symbol on that Reiver above’s knee looks to me like the Thousand Sons symbol, or am I mistaken?

For two, it warns the Guardsmen to be wary if the night time marauder also has Red Wings, flayed flesh or a corona of Daemonic Lightening with a link to a Night Lords model….

Now, I am sure I am probably reading more in to it than is there, but wouldn’t it be cool if Chaos got some Chaos versions of these units or units like them? I would love to see that, personally!

At any rate, a little something I caught and wanted to share with you all to see what you think? Either way, I cannot wait to make a Reiver army of Primaris Marines to hunt my enemies from the darkness!

27 Responses to “This post had me cracking up but also perked up my ears….”

1. Cephalobeard June 29, 2017 5:52 am

3 Man Marines with (Heavy) Bolt Pistols and Combat weapon at face value are… less than impressive.

Super excited to learn what their “Shock Grenades” and “Vox Roar” do, though! Really excited to see what happens with these guys.

Big fan of them and Inceptors, but do feel Inceptors at 225/3 Are too expensive. Their codex is going to be exciting!

• Cephalobeard June 29, 2017 5:58 am

Just realized how many times I wrote Exciting. Can you tell I’m hyped for Primaris?

• TrexPushups June 29, 2017 5:59 am

The Vox Roar plus small size & “stealth” roll implies that their job is to finish off infantry that the rest of the army has shot up by magnifying the impact of morale.

Reecius June 29, 2017 6:01 am

I’m sure there’s still a lot to learn about these dudes we don’t know yet!

• Shas'Itsa Mari'o June 29, 2017 7:20 am

have you gotten that trademarked yet? lol

2. TrexPushups June 29, 2017 5:58 am

It sounds like they have a deepstrike rule but It would really help the primaris only player if they had the ability to eat up board space like scouts.

It is so hard to judge the primaris marines because too many pieces of the puzzle are still hidden.

But once we find out the details of the Aggressors, Reivers, and the Repulsor then we will have a much better understanding of what they can do when they have transports, heavy weapons, and some hand to hand skirmishing units.

Reecius June 29, 2017 6:02 am

Agreed =)

• TrexPushups June 29, 2017 7:05 am

I am also holding out for a primaris apothecary because I would love to be able to add that functionality without having to use a 1.0 marine.

• Cephalobeard June 29, 2017 8:03 am

Their art in the rulebook shows an Apothecary w/ multiple medicae servitors. Safe to assume we’ll get one.

3. T6Ted June 29, 2017 6:28 am

Reece!!! I was reading this yesterday and noticed the same things but then is was like NAH GW wouldn’t do that…. then you come and get me completely HYPED again with this article!! lol

Reecius June 29, 2017 6:41 am

I know, right?! I mean, I have no idea but it did seem a bit suggestive…

• T6Ted June 29, 2017 10:56 am

Again I am most likely reading into this way to much but even the quote on the poster makes me think. “thank the emperor they’re on our side”. Just sounds very cheeky to me.

4. Threllen June 29, 2017 7:16 am

It’s hard to tell on their faux crinkled paper, but it kind of looks like the red circular “campaign badge” transfer that comes in the Ultramarines section of the Primaris transfer sheet. You can see the same symbol on the knee of the rightmost reiver in the actual model photo.

• Ty June 29, 2017 12:40 pm

Yeah, the sheet comes with five read ones and five gold ones.

5. Keith June 29, 2017 7:34 am

Perhaps Reivers are all made from Night Lords gene seed.

6. Blight June 29, 2017 8:05 am

You can see He’s an ultramarine if you really look at his shoulder pad.

7. Ty June 29, 2017 12:34 pm

The Red Wings etc thing sounds like it’s just saying in that case it’s not actually a Reiver. Why else would you need to refer to a threat identification handbook?

Reecius June 29, 2017 1:17 pm

They’re describing Night Lords though and link to a Night Lords model…

• Ty June 29, 2017 4:20 pm

Yeah, but they say if you see one to refer to the “Infantryman’s Threat Identification Field Guide, 49th edition, section ref. 17.a66.4111 – Hereticus Majoris (revised)”

Implying that those traits refer to something heretical :p

• Threllen June 30, 2017 5:20 am

Yeah, I read it more as “hey just because some scary marine is out at night it doesn’t mean he’s your friend. Reivers aren’t the only ones that do that – the Night Lords do, too.”

I didn’t really interpret it as “Night Lords are going to get Reivers.”

Reecius June 30, 2017 7:20 am

Don’t kill my dream! =P

8. Dirgepiper June 29, 2017 1:27 pm

Vox roar=straight up Night Lords tactic. Man oh man I’m wanting a Night Lord version of these. In Midnight Clad.

• Ty June 29, 2017 4:22 pm

I think it’s more likely we get new Night Lords models that share some of the rules but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Ty June 29, 2017 5:32 pm

I don’t know how much new model knowledge Reese has, but personally I’m expecting (hoping) all the types of Heretic Marines get the Death Guard treatment.

Reecius June 30, 2017 8:36 pm

A man can dream!

9. TinBane June 30, 2017 7:47 pm

Preysight!

Seriously though, primaris marines get night lords and chaos don’t??