8th ed 40k Short form Battle Report #294 Oks vs Drukhari

Ahhhhhh, yeah! We’re back, baby. An old school, short form video bat rep.

28 Responses to “8th ed 40k Short form Battle Report #294 Oks vs Drukhari”

1. Icoop June 6, 2017 3:09 pm #

Fun video… but the showstealer is that terrain! It’s so cool! I assume it will be released in a bundle with the industrial mat but might I recommend bundling it with the martian or the badlands mats as well?

Reecius June 6, 2017 3:11 pm #

Glad you like it =) It is on the way!

2. TheThievingMick June 6, 2017 3:50 pm #

Nice bat rep! Glad to see Orks win one!

It seems like the Kans really didn’t pull their weight in assault. Do you think that perhaps cutting out a few Kans for some Boyz to assault with might balance out the list a bit?

Obviously, you’d have been more vulnerable to the poison weapons, but you’d have been a lot nastier in assault.

Reecius June 6, 2017 6:31 pm #

Huzzah! Killa Kans, baby!

• TheThievingMick June 6, 2017 6:45 pm #

Lol. Did you reply to the wrong comment?

Reecius June 6, 2017 6:57 pm #

Oops, I did, lol. In today’s game they went ham, waxed so much stuff. You totally could mix it up but I wanted to run all Kans =)

• TheThievingMick June 6, 2017 10:34 pm

Yeah, I saw that. Poor heldrakes. They and the berzerkers got punked hard.

• Dbiesto June 7, 2017 1:35 am

Getting my 40s ready to pour for all my future dead hell drake homies.

Reecius June 7, 2017 6:58 am

lol, don’t mess with the Kans!

3. jared June 6, 2017 4:18 pm #

I started my Dark Eldar army in 7e, knowing they were one of the worst, if not the worst, codex in the game. I just like the model line, story, and had some great conversion ideas. With 8e, I now feel vindicated. I tell everyone who gets into 40k, don’t worry about how well the army plays, just worry about if it’s a faction where you like the look and story. The competitiveness can come later.

4. Ytook June 6, 2017 4:53 pm #

Great stuff! All that red though… it’s like being back in the 90’s 😛

(Seriously though, armies looked ace and I can’t wait to get back into 40K with 8th)

5. maddoc June 7, 2017 5:04 am #

Nice Batrep, beautiful terrain.

The multiple attacks from a single weapon, the lot’s of hits thing from the gorkanaut, really just multiplies your attacks? So against a unit of one wound models the naut can do 18 hits?
    If yes then i think i get the point value of some super heavies.

• AbusePuppy June 7, 2017 5:26 am #

Many of the “superheavies” have some kind of ability (like Titanic Feet) that allows them to make multiple swings for each attack; it’s essentially the replacement for Stomp.

Reecius June 7, 2017 6:58 am #

Yes. Knights do it too, with their karate kicks.

6. Fagerlund June 7, 2017 6:18 am #

Orks are now so good they can ne abbreviated to “Oks”! 😉

7. AngryPanda June 7, 2017 6:59 am #

So I guess we’ve been long past the point there a 40k army looked like anything I’d recognize and I was probably naive to hope that would come back. But still. That’s.. a bunch of bots. I should have seen what’s happening and gotten out the day I first faced an army of 5 bots in 6th. 🙁

8. kaughnor June 7, 2017 9:19 am #

Any chance you guys can run a wraithguard army with the new rules?

Reecius June 7, 2017 9:22 am #

I don’t have all the models for that, but I can come close.

• kaughnor June 7, 2017 1:49 pm #

Anything you have would be awesome. I’m working on an Iyanden army right now and really would like to see how effective both types of wraithblades are and if d-scythe wraithguard are worth it.

Reecius June 7, 2017 7:14 pm #

I’ll see what I can do 🙂

9. Cephalobeard June 7, 2017 9:57 am #

I’d love to see a Superheavy battle. Knights, Baneblades, what have you that you think may be competitive.

I know my buddy is working on Double Gatling Cannon (Or Battle Cannon) Knight, Stormlord, VSG, Then Yarrick w/ 2 Squads of Scions (Naked) and 2 Double AutoCannon/Gatling gun Taurox Primes.

10. Hedzer June 7, 2017 11:16 am #

I still like the short form battlereports best, thanks!

Reecius June 7, 2017 12:36 pm #

Glad you’re enjoying them!

11. 77rColin Sherlow June 7, 2017 4:54 pm #

Can everything shoot in a 360arc? Like can the flyers shoot at target behind them?

I know infantry shoot wherever