Warhammer 40,000 Faction Focus: Imperial Agents

Reecius wrote another Faction Focus article, this time on Imperial Agents!

You can read the article, here. What do you all think?

25 Responses to “Warhammer 40,000 Faction Focus: Imperial Agents”

1. AngryPanda June 4, 2017 10:00 am

I’m for the first time ever considering playing my Sisters with… the sisters of battle rules. What have you done?!!!

Reecius June 4, 2017 12:21 pm

Muahahaha!

But for reals, Sisters are really good. Frankie just put together an entire army!

• AngryPanda June 4, 2017 12:38 pm

I don’t really need them super good. As long as they’re playing to win at all I’m fine. And this new faction keyword thing really works for me because I love taking weird stuff and characters from the strange sides of the Imperium. With assassins, Astra Telepatica, or even just full in IG options I think you can just put down some cool stuff on the table.

Reecius June 4, 2017 1:22 pm

Yeah, you have tremendous flexibility in list building but no longer the crazy combos of Nids with Eldar with Daemons or some such silly stuff.

2. Jason Wolfe June 4, 2017 10:38 am

So can Celestine Act of Faith herself? I only have the Celestine and two girls models but am considering splashing her into an Imperium Keyword list.

• AngryPanda June 4, 2017 10:41 am

That probably makes her even better since she doesn’t have to share acts of faith with anyone else? You probably need at least a second unit or you are wasting one AOF per turn.

Reecius June 4, 2017 12:25 pm

Yeah, if you have a unit with AoF in your army, you can use the rule.

3. Adam
    Adam (RUMBL) June 4, 2017 10:52 am

Good read, though you cannot take units of Jokaero, just single model units. I think overall INQ got kicked in the teeth a bit, gutting henchmen warbands, but the new force org system makes it easier to include them in lists, and I can finally take Tempestus troops for them to have INQ storm troopers, so I’ll call that a win.

4. The Traitor June 4, 2017 1:28 pm

I played my last tournament of 7th ed with 11 Imperial Assassins and lost every game (it was fun, though) but I see them REALLY improved now! 10 eversors at just 700 points! I used to play assassin spam for fun but they might have gotten competitive! I’m really excited about them, though having to deploy 1/2 of the army is a real bummer… Do you see an army completely made out of assassins viable? Or I’m getting overexcited?

• WestRider June 4, 2017 5:43 pm

You do have to take a couple of Inquisitors or something, because you need HQs, but I’m really looking forward to being able to take my Execution Force: Extreme Prejudice to Tournaments, even in a 3-Detachment limit.

And here I thought having 14 Assassins was going to be excessive after the OFCC, but now I think I might actually start using the list on the regular 😀

5. Dakkath June 4, 2017 3:25 pm

Looking forward to making a sisters of battle+silence army

6. Anon June 4, 2017 6:59 pm

Hey reecius idk if you’ll see this or not but…can vehicles benefit from Celestine and imagifier AoF? The SoB community is tearing itself apart trying to figure out how exactly that works…and also why crusaders have it but none of the other battle conclave units do.

7. FrankieShort June 4, 2017 8:18 pm

Hey Reese! Question for ya, i was watching yours and Frankie’s q&a and i heard you say electro priests were finally good! I got excited, but I went and read the rules, and im not sure what you see that i dont. Im not griping, im genuinely curious! I saw they could do some solid shooting, but getting them across the battlefield might be rough. T3, 5++, thats a long walk to that 12 inch shooting range! I was looking for transports or some kind of protection combo, didnt see it though. Teach me oh wise one

• FrankieShort June 4, 2017 8:36 pm

I didnt consider that assault is now -1 after running. Is that it? Or because they will be a low priority target? I beg your indulgence glorious leader!

• AngryPanda June 5, 2017 12:07 am

Can Admech units use Forgeworld tanks in this edition? ’cause they have some sexy transports there.

• FrankieShort June 5, 2017 7:40 am

I hope so! I guess we won’t know until that admech index drops from forgeworld

8. Loofa4 June 8, 2017 10:09 am

Does the Act of Faith rule actually do anything at all for denying powers? the highest you can roll is a 6, and most powers need at least a 6 to pass anyways. Am I missing something here, or is it completely useless unless your opponent casts smite and rolls an exact 5?

Reecius June 8, 2017 10:17 am

it gives you a chance to stop powers that are 6 and lower, yes. It’s not amazing but it is better than nothing.

• Loofa4 June 9, 2017 11:08 am

But it doesn’t really even do that. In order for it to ever work, your opponent would have to cast smite (the only power I know of that isn’t at least 6+ to pass) and roll exactly a 5, which will only happen 11% of the time. Then you would have to roll a 6.

This means that on the off chance that your opponent is casting a 5+ power, you still only have a 1.85% chance of denying it.

• Loofa4 June 9, 2017 11:15 am

Perhaps I am misunderstanding how denying powers works. I thought you had to roll higher than the casting player rolled, not just higher than what the power requires to be cast. Am I correct?