Warhammer 40k – Voice-Over Batrep – Tau Vs. Demons

We are back with another voice-over battle report! This features a grudge match between Logan’s Tau, and Chris with his new Magnus The Red list. It’s bound to be an awesome game so check it out!

Quick note – for some reason we played that the Sisters of Silence could be affected by Beam powers. After re-reading their rules, this probably is not possible! Likewise, I think Chris avoids a few required rolls on Tzeentch tables by mistake due to some awkward wording in the CSM codex.

This was filmed just before LVO, where Chris went 4-1-1 for a very high finish!

About CanHammer

http://youtube.com/CanHammer http://facebook.com/CanHammer http://www.CanHammer.ca http://twitch.tv/CanHammerTV

17 Responses to “Warhammer 40k – Voice-Over Batrep – Tau Vs. Demons”

1. Venkarel March 26, 2017 12:23 pm #

I do not know which ruleset you are using but if you make someone go first in ITC you cannot seize.

Reecius March 28, 2017 10:39 am #

Where do people get that from? That is not accurate but I hear it frequently.

• Venkarel March 28, 2017 11:44 am #

I got it from LVO 2017. My opponent mentioned it and it was backed up by players on both sides of me, I did not call a judge, maybe I should have…

Reecius March 28, 2017 1:03 pm #

Yeah, that is not an ITC rule, we do not play it that way but I have heard players say that. That is apparently a false assumption but there is nothing in the ITC pack that states that.

• Shas'Itsa Mari'o March 28, 2017 12:07 pm #

Is it just a BRB thing then? I’ve always thought that was the case…

• WestRider March 28, 2017 4:47 pm #

Yeah, it’s a BRB thing. It makes more sense in the context of the BRB First Turn system, where the decision to make the other Player go first isn’t made until immediately before the roll to Seize.

2. Venkarel March 26, 2017 12:26 pm #

You also cannot affect SoS with pyschic powers ever, so the beams should not work.

• CanHammer
      CanHammerLogan March 28, 2017 5:14 pm #

Yep! We screwed this up, first time using them right after the rules came out.

3. Venkarel March 26, 2017 12:46 pm #

One last comment, a question, the pinks are ob sec from the CAD, are blues and brims ob sec as well under ITC rules? They are not part of the original army so I could see the argument that they are not ob sec.

• Blight March 26, 2017 2:38 pm #

Well termigaunts that spawn from tervigons are objective secured in a CAD. Unclear if the blue horrors and brimstone horrors are not part of the detachment. They are not summoned and summoning specifically says they are not part of the detachment (I think).

• abusepuppy March 27, 2017 12:08 am #

The GW FAQ explicitly states that they are not.

4. Slagmar March 26, 2017 5:03 pm #

How can the demons army null deploy? He mentions it during setup but I am not aware of anything that allows them to null deploy and come in turn 1?

• Venkarel March 27, 2017 1:27 pm #

I think he meant the demon payer could just deploy horrors in cover and the would be no way the Tau player could table the demon player first turn.

5. Zero-charisma March 27, 2017 2:56 pm #

Keep these coming Guys these bat reps are amazing! However at least on my player all I heard was Logan not Chris ever.. Just an FYI

• CanHammer
      CanHammerLogan March 28, 2017 5:13 pm #

Thanks! I don’t think I heard any audio issue in this 😐 It was recorded on Skype, so it should be full stereo sound but maybe I screwed something up?

Did anyone else have this issue?

• CanHammer
      CanHammer March 30, 2017 10:02 am #

Looks like the skype recording was done in Stereo instead of mono. You can probably only hear Chris out of the right channel.

This will be fixed for future videos.

6. Zero-charisma March 28, 2017 1:45 pm #

I take it back…its not just Logan…its just 1 person ever…so maybe you were handing a primary mic back and forth or something…i dont know