More Breaking News from GW!

New Deathguard on the way and AoS: Shadespire announced!

New Nurgle units on the way, wow!

Shadespire is a combination minis game and deckbuilding game that looks brilliant!

21 Responses to “More Breaking News from GW!”

1. Ytook March 23, 2017 11:06 am #

My my what an awfully big scythe… now who could that belong to I wonder… 😛

2. Dakkath March 23, 2017 12:35 pm #

So, Khorne Daemonkin, Wrath of Magnus, Death Guard; now all we need is a slaanesh-focused supplement and we’ve got em all.

• abusepuppy March 23, 2017 1:03 pm #

Ha ha yeah because GW is gonna do a Slaanesh release when they still haven’t, ten years running, managed to come up with a named greater demon.

• Beau March 24, 2017 6:59 am #

They need to bring back doomrider!

• Shas'Itsa Mari'o March 24, 2017 7:48 am #

They could go with Kyriss, that’s the one that Sanguinius was ambushed by in the Signus system.

• Threllen March 24, 2017 8:06 am #

Well, what a perfect time to do it if they finally come out with some new kits 😉 for them.

Considering Noise Marines are beyond abysmal and the only thing worse than the Keeper of Souls rules is the model.

• abusepuppy March 24, 2017 8:09 am #

Noise Marines are easily the best of the four cult units, and while they’re not top-tier competitive they actually hit pretty hard (especially as part of a Kakophoni.)

• Threllen March 24, 2017 8:59 am

Sorry, wasn’t specific with that – the models for them are god-awful unless you go with FW.

They’re easily my favorite cult units on the board as far as rules go.

• Jural March 24, 2017 1:30 pm

Berserkers in some of the new formations can give them a run for their money, at least.

Rubric Marines… Wow… Rubric Marines. I don’t want to say they’re the worst MEQ in the game, but…

• abusepuppy March 24, 2017 2:53 pm

@Threllen

You best not be knockin’ guitar marines. Guitar marine da best.

• Threllen March 25, 2017 6:53 am

The real guitar marines were awesome (too bad GW is too serious for that silliness now).

This upgrade pack abomination they’ve had for a while is terrible.

• Beau March 24, 2017 6:51 pm #

Keeper of secrets would be a Godly model if it was Gargantuan instead.

Gargantuan KoS with SOULSTEALER RELIC MMMMMM!

• abusepuppy March 24, 2017 10:39 pm

It’d still be T6/5++, though, so it’d die pretty horribly to just like Scatter Lasers and stuff.

• Beau March 25, 2017 8:03 am

Nah AP it would have ML3 telepathy! That’s a good chance at 2+ save in cover, or just being invisible. Pray for the run and charge warlord trait. Up to a 33″ charge turn 1 on a creature that WILL win at CC and heal back all it’s wounds. Comboe’d with a shriek then whatever it was aiming for would die. Biggest problem I ever had with them was making it to combat. They are all gravy once they get there.

3. Threllen March 23, 2017 12:43 pm #

I just spent an absurd amount of money buying a few thousand points of Tzeentch daemons with all the new releases/rules. GW why do you have to do this to my wallet?

• Beau March 23, 2017 1:54 pm #

Threllen I hear you. I was gonna buy Magnus, fatey, and a pic for my bday yesterday but saw this and was like… Nurgles army goin from 10k to 15k lol

4. Ytook March 23, 2017 12:49 pm #

The more I hear about Shadespire the more interested I’m getting, looks like a really interesting fast game, people who played it at Adepticon were very happy with it. And a nice way to drop new heroes into AoS without having to do an entire faction release.

Reecius March 24, 2017 10:29 am #

Yeah, it’s a deck builder and tactical minis game