Dark Eldar – Raiders and Venoms

Every unit has its up and downs and it all depends on how it’s used in a list. How do you use Dark Eldar Raider and Venoms?

6 Responses to “Dark Eldar – Raiders and Venoms”

1. Beau February 2, 2017 8:29 am

People cry about how underpowered DE is (and sometimes it seems that way), but they are a spoiler army. Rock, paper, scissors pretty much. I tried a quick 1500 game with my TSons vs my buddies pure venom list and I got tabled turn 3.

• Lynch February 4, 2017 6:35 pm

What I’m hearing is:

> I played an underpowered, overcosted army vs another underpowered and overcosted army that also happened to be faster and bring more dice.

DE and Orcs need love

• AngryPanda February 6, 2017 3:58 am

The song never ends 😉

• Beau February 6, 2017 6:46 pm

I had just figured with their new release my existing TSons models plus an additional investment into their new formation meant I couldn’t possibly be underpowered anymore, and that I should play nicely! How wrong I was.

• abusepuppy February 6, 2017 7:24 pm

Thousand Sons aren’t _awful_, but they are a long, long ways from the top of the power curve. More importantly, most of their advantages (like the 4++ save and AP3 guns) are meaningless against DE.

That said, DE _can_ be a spoiler army for certain builds, just not nearly as relevant of one as they were back in 5E. Pure DE- or majority DE- armies just aren’t strong enough or popular enough to have a significant effect on the meta as a whole. They can, however, contribute quite a lot to other armies via allying, most notably for the Corpsethief Claw alongside an Eldar or Corsairs army.

• Beau February 7, 2017 8:52 am

Well said AP! It’s funny because I originally bought the DE 5th dex for starting 40k, then after reading it and some forums thought they were too fragile for me to play as a noob so switched to Nurgle. I’d like to play them now that I have improved but… I just keep repeating to myself “MUST NOT START NEW ARMY! MUST NOT START NEW ARMY!”