The Ninth Realm #28 Tzeentch, Change We Can Believe In

The Ninth Realm Show Notes

Episode #28

Tzeench, Change We Can Believe In- or – Making the Realms Great Again

1-19-17

Tzeench 3.jpg

• This week we have Reece, Jason, and (now full timer) Scott!
  • Brought to you by Frontline Gaming, your one stop shop for discounted GW products, podcasts, wargaming products, and awesome social events!  You can order Games Workshop product for up to 25% off by calling us at 888.781.5120 or sending us your order at orders@frontlinegaming.org.

Main Topic – Upcoming Tzeench Battletome Release

• 3 products being released this weekend, the Battletome, Kairic Acolytes, and the Ogroid Thaumaturge. We go over the warscrolls and point costs which are up on the Age of Sigmar app now and are rumored to be included in the Battletome.

ITC AoS Updates!

Upcoming ITC AoS Events

Upcoming Events

And as always, Frontline Gaming sells Games Workshop product at up to 25% off of retail, every day!

Frontline Gaming will buy your used models for cash or store credit!

secondhandhsop

About Jason

Raw Dogger, aka, Phat J Sleaze (formerly of the Booty Boyzzz) is a highly opinionated, questionably skilled 40k enthusiast. When not working at Frontline Gaming, he can be found down on Jabroni Avenue.

6 Responses to “The Ninth Realm #28 Tzeentch, Change We Can Believe In”

1. Dunmer January 19, 2017 5:52 pm #

I have waited so long for this release, ever since silver tower was released!

A quick tip for those that have bought silver tower, buy yourself a box of tzaangors or 2, use the silver tower 6 man squad to give you that magic multiple of ten needed for the game.

Then when you buy the skyfire guys you can build both the bowmen and the spearmen since you will have the spare bodies from your tzaangor box to kit bash!

My local store gave me some hints here and there, apparently when you bring 10 extra tzaangors, your weapons get an extra attack going all the way up to 40. So many attacks can be pumped but it expensive.

… but oh wait your musician means you run and charge and your banner can actually spam mortal wounds to other units if there are wizards nearby. Friend or foe. Hngggggg

• NovaStar January 20, 2017 12:10 am #

What’s the best way to arm Tzaangors?

• Dunmer January 20, 2017 7:50 am #

While I am certainly not a expert at AoS, I went for 10 guys with shields to help tank wounds with that ward save. Then banner and musician to give the unit buffs. I filled out the rest with 6 Greataxe guys for the extra damage and rend and then 3 guys with dual weapons. One of them to represent my champion.

I would go all greataxes and shields with the unit hero guys personally, but as I explained above I am using my silver tower models to fill out the 20 guys so thats why I have the dual weapon guys in there.

Personally shields or dual weapons seems viable. Especially for dual weapons with a 40 man squad, thats alot of attacks

2. Requizen
    Requizen January 20, 2017 4:43 am #

You guys missed the best part about Skyfires. When you roll a 6 to hit (or 5+ near a Shaman), they immediately do d3 mortal wounds instead of rolling to wound normally. They’re basically ranged Retributors, which is AWESOME. We’ll be seeing a lot of these guys no doubt in my mind.

3. Ytook January 23, 2017 6:22 am #

If you add any new units to the table you have to pay the reserve points, you only get them free if you’re replenishing models in a unit that were lost earlier, so no increasing a unit of originally 10 models to 16 models for free.

• Ytook January 23, 2017 6:34 am #

So those spells that create new models are free in matched play if you’re replenishing previously killed models to an existing unit, as with death banners or the daemons rolling a 1 on there battleshock.

Also if you want to know about the normal humans in AoS city of secrets is awesome.