Chapter Tactics #17: Analyzing the LVO Meta with James Carmona

pablos-logo-baseline3-300x300-1

Welcome to the second installment of 4 Chapter Tactics episodes which feature top 10 ITC players preparing for the biggest tournament of the ITC. The Las Vegas Open. Today we have the (Former) 10th place player James Carmona talk about his Cabal Star list.

QOTD:  Do you guys have any other questions for my future guests?

You can catch my last episode here and if you want to listen to the rest of the series click here.

lvo-new-banner-wip

About Petey Pab

Aspiring 40k analyst, tournament reporter and Ultramarines enthusiast, Petey Pab only seeks to gather more knowledge about the game of 40k and share it with as many people as he can in order to unite both hobbyists and gamers. We are, after all, two sides of the same coin.

9 Responses to “Chapter Tactics #17: Analyzing the LVO Meta with James Carmona”

1. Michael Corr
    Michael Corr January 14, 2017 9:27 am

Another great episode!

• Petey Pab
      Petey Pab January 14, 2017 9:48 am

Thanks Michael!

• Michael Corr
        Michael Corr January 14, 2017 10:26 am

Great to listen to while I’m painting. I don’t get distracted by wanting to look at Reece and Frankie, like with Signals 😉 (though I’m not sure if the disappearance of Reece’s beard and subsequent ‘tache make this now more or less difficult……..)

• Michael Corr
          Michael Corr January 14, 2017 10:28 am

Oh, just a quick comment. I actually find the sound level on the Podcast to be quite low when I am listening, even with my computer volume on full. Any way to “turn it up” when recording?

• Petey Pab
            Petey Pab January 14, 2017 11:06 am

Yeah, that was just in the sound settings. I will turn them up next time.

2. Keith January 14, 2017 12:27 pm

JAMES! That last comment had me rolling!!!

3. Freeman January 14, 2017 4:06 pm

Really good episode. Great content, as usual, but particularly enjoyed this as a chaos Deathstar player myself. Hearing a successful players views on current meta gave me some food for thought.

I’d be interested to hear why James says endurance is the most important power, I’d have assumed invis. Is this to do with ITC allowing template weapons to hit invis units?

• Julio Rodriguez January 15, 2017 7:54 pm

Endurance is so important because it gives you Eternal Warrior on 2 wound models.

4. Keith January 15, 2017 7:43 am

I think Endurance is his most imporant spell because it adds another protective dice against damage. 2+, 4++, then another 4+++.