Short Form Battle Report! Tau vs Space Marines #293

Can Jason’s White Scar Battle Company overcome Frankie’s Devastating Tau Monster Mash?

jason-chat

About Mariana

Self proclaimed "Swiss Army Nerd"

27 Responses to “Short Form Battle Report! Tau vs Space Marines #293”

1. Heldericht November 15, 2016 3:12 pm #

Loved this Batrep! The breakdown from the players during their turns was awesome and very well done with the greenscreen.

Music has been a bit wonky in some of the older batreps, but was on point and epic in this one, hitting the high points during tense moments.

I really liked the timelapsed footage of all the movement, cut with the closeups of the field. I’d love it if the close ups would be a bit longer and from lower, more cinematic angles, since we already see the gamestate from up top. That could be a way to inject some narrative into the batrep (like showing a marine in base to base with a stormsurge from up close)

Overall, excellent job. Looking forward to more!

• Mariana
      Mariana November 15, 2016 3:15 pm #

Thank you for the great feedback! Ill keep that in mind for the next one!

2. elwrath November 15, 2016 3:21 pm #

Awesome short form! Honestly the best and most professional I’ve ever seen! Marianna (hope I spelled you’re name right) you rock. Nice job all.

Reecius November 15, 2016 4:42 pm #

Thanks! She and Jason worked very hard on this one.

3. Gorkamorker November 15, 2016 4:54 pm #

Wow amazing production value here, this is probably the best I’ve seen in a Frontline video up to this point. Mariana is knocking it into orbit, like holy shit.

Reecius November 16, 2016 12:50 pm #

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

4. Simon (Tabletop tourneys) November 15, 2016 6:18 pm #

This is a great take on the time-lapse battle report format. I am really please that I have been able to be a role model to others around the world in this style of battle reports. Almost 4 years ago when I first doing the time-lapse / voice over battle reports, there was nothing like it on the web. Nowadays there are 3 groups within Aus, and different groups in Europe and the US that are doing it.

It really makes me happy as people who are time poor (I have 4 kids!) who love to watch battle reports and keep up with the scene really need these in their lives. Keep up the great work Frontline gaming and I will continue uploading my time-lapse battle reports of tournament games on your site. I have had some really great comments from people about my coverage of the ETC and the ATC. – Simon

Reecius November 16, 2016 12:49 pm #

Love your videos, buddy, keep it up!

5. Fagerlund November 15, 2016 11:13 pm #

Such an awesome format! Great job! Getting the player thoughts, good overview, fancy close ups… and still being short enough to not skip anything. So good!

6. Pascalnz November 16, 2016 1:29 am #

Wow, these bat reps just keep getting better and better!. I’d love to play one at the new store, but I’ll only be there the week before LVO so time pressure might be a little much eh?:P

• Mariana
      Mariana November 16, 2016 9:57 am #

Between the move to the new store and the LVO we will be crazy busy but if you are in town again please hit us up. We like having new faces for the battle reports!

Reecius November 16, 2016 12:49 pm #

We’d love to have you in one, buddy!

7. Ryan November 16, 2016 8:41 am #

Such a great battle report! I love the new format and look forward to more of those!

8. Cephalobeard November 16, 2016 1:30 pm #

Guys, I want to stress this.

Please, please keep this up. This is an amazing level of content, and having the input from the players during, opposed to just the back and forth during… Man.

You’re already worth my patronage due to your level of service, things like this solidify it. You nerds are the best.

Reecius November 16, 2016 5:24 pm #

Hey, thanks! Really appreciate the kind words!

9. Grimcron November 16, 2016 11:34 pm #

Love the new video using time lapse and commentary overlay!
    Two thumbs up!!!!

10. Bryan November 17, 2016 7:49 am #

Great stuff, if yous could release something of this quality on a regular basis, that would be a real step up IMO. Short enough to enjoy in one sitting.

Reecius November 17, 2016 9:39 am #

Our goal is one of these per week.

11. Ben Raven November 17, 2016 8:37 am #

What a great format. I hope to see many more like this!

Reecius November 17, 2016 9:46 am #

You surely will, sir!

12. Shas'Itsa Mari'o November 18, 2016 6:52 am #

Love the BatRep! The short form and overlay was awesome with how the “interviews” were done between rounds. Would’ve liked to see the interface y’all have been working on for LVO on there but may not have been conducive with the short form.

Also, may have just missed it but did he do a Hailfire with the Riptides? I’m guessing it was part of Turn 1, just didn’t remember hearing it in the interview portion.

Keep up the great work! Looking forward to LVO

Reecius November 18, 2016 9:50 am #

He did go full blast shooting turn 1! But thanks, glad you’re enjoying the new format.

13. Michael Corr
    Michael Corr November 21, 2016 1:28 pm #

A little late to the party, but just watched this and loved it! This is from someone who doesn’t really like video battle reports. The video was a good length, the comments were great during the turns.