The Ninth Realm-An Age of Sigmar Podcast – Free Peoples Pt1

tnr-logo-4-300x300

The crew talk about the free peoples in the first part of this age of sigmar podcast.

The Ninth Realm Shownotes

Episode 14 -The Free Peoples, Who?

10-12-16

Featuring:

Reece “King Knight” Robins

kingknight-grand

Jason “Polar Knight” Butler

polar-knight-zoom

And Mariana “Specter Knight” Vera

shovelknightspecterknight_001-630x488

Introduction

News

• New mystery Stormcast Eternal Hero will be released this weekend. Rumors it will be a Stormcast Wizard.

The Free Peoples of Age of Sigmar.

• Who are the free peoples?
  • They come from all the mortal realms, and what is left of them have converged to Sigmars great city of Azyrheim after the Age of Chaos all but exterminated the human race.
  • After the End Times, like the other races of the Old World, humanity’s essence was planted throughout the realms and humans multiplied and created great cities and vast kingdoms and societies that lasted for millennia.
  • After Archaon and the forces of Chaos began the the great Age of Chaos humanity has been all but destroyed and reduced to wandering tribes. What is left of the great societies now live together in Sigmars city as it is the only realm protected from the powers of Chaos.  The humans there still hold on to a small part of their former lives.
  • Now that Sigmar has begun to take back territory in the realms the armies of the free people have begun to march out and reclaim their territory and fight for Sigmar.

About Mariana

Self proclaimed "Swiss Army Nerd"

10 Responses to “The Ninth Realm-An Age of Sigmar Podcast – Free Peoples Pt1”

1. Avatar
    Funbug no.1 October 13, 2016 10:51 am #

Another great episode!

2. Avatar
    Bandera October 13, 2016 1:15 pm #

Finally some love for the free peoples. I am wondering how good their countercharge ability really is. It reads interesting on paper. Also, according to the warscroll you can find in the AoS app you cannot mix weapons in a single Freeguild Guard unit. The ‘Description’ paragraph reads ‘Most units of Freeguild Guard are either armed with Halberds, Spears,…etc.’ ‘Unit’ and ‘either’ are the keywords here. The warscrolls for mixed-weapon units use different ‘some of the models carry…’- descriptions. Examples are Orruk Ardboys, Tzaangors or Kairic Acolytes.

Reecius October 13, 2016 1:54 pm #

Ah, OK, thanks for clarifying on the Freeguild Guard.

The Free people look like fun to play!

Ytook October 14, 2016 4:53 am #

Yup, no mixing, the reason it says most units carry halberd, spear or sword is that it then says Some others are equipped with militia weapons. It’s stated pretty clearly in the description if you’re able to mix and match.

I’m also really tempted by a free guild army, saw an amazing converted army using High Elf, Dwarf and Stormcast bits painted blue gold and silver to make a more AoS-y looking army and it looked so cool.

Reecius October 14, 2016 7:55 am #

Ah well, would have been cool! Halbreds it is! Maybe some Shields for screening units. Do you happen to have a link to the models you’re describing? I would love to see them.

3. Avatar
    Borbgamer October 14, 2016 7:47 am #

I was so excited when I saw this in my feed; you guys did my army!

I’ve only got 500 points painted but I’m building up towards the Freeguild Regiment that you discussed. At minimum unit sizes and the cheap General, it ends up at 1380 points. Any advice on the remaining 600?

Right now I’m favoring the General on Griffon and a Hurricanum, but I worry that some of my units in the battalion are left too small to affect the battle, especially the mounted guys.

Great show as always!

Reecius October 14, 2016 7:54 am #

Glad you liked it! Yeah, I dig the Griffon, too. He’s a beast and an amazing model. I am leaning towards the artillery, myself, but any of the other choices are really solid.