Short Form Battle Report Blood Angels vs Dark Eldar #292

Pablo and Jason battle it out in this Short Form Battle Report. Quite a bit of work went into this project, so please give us your feedback so we can continue to improve.

Players: Jason & Pablo

Filmed and Edited: Mariana

Voiceover: Jason & Mariana

dark eldar frankie 1

About Mariana

Self proclaimed "Swiss Army Nerd"

12 Responses to “Short Form Battle Report Blood Angels vs Dark Eldar #292”

1. Avatar
    Chandler October 7, 2016 12:10 pm #

Really enjoy this new format. I think it would be a good idea to add a notation at the bottom of the screen indicating the score when the turn starts. Otherwise I like the format. The batreps are short and succinct.

Although I do miss hearing Reece yell god dammit once in a while.

Reecius October 7, 2016 12:28 pm #

lol, I will yell in spirit!

But good suggestion, i was thinking the same thing.

2. Avatar
    pascalnz October 7, 2016 4:01 pm #

lovely format… maybe different music for 40k?
    and Yaay Raw dogger. you got a win… and with blood angels… woohooo! 🙂

Reecius October 7, 2016 4:08 pm #

I know, the Dogger won a game! What’s going on here?!?! haha

3. Avatar
    Bryan October 7, 2016 4:18 pm #

Very good Batrep! Obvious that a good deal of production work went into it. I’d like to see a quick rundown of the lists and why some options were taking, but aside from that, the format is great as i could follow the game, admire the models/terrain and it was short enough that it was digestible in one sitting.

4. Avatar
    CNitram October 7, 2016 4:49 pm #

Really enjoyed this battle report! Love the new format and can’t wait to see more!

5. Avatar
    Toranagaaa October 7, 2016 8:15 pm #

Looooving it! It’s great to see the Blood Angels and Dark Eldar – two rather rare armies these days – get the representation they deserve. If only all codexes were as balanced as these were. Ah the good ol’ days of early 7th…

However, though the soundtrack would fit right for AoS, I think it just isn’t appropriate for 40k – go for something darker and more future sounding, I’m thinkin’ Aphex Twin, Flying Lotus, Trentemoller, The Knife, or a Mars Volta instrumental.

6. Avatar
    CWDub October 7, 2016 8:37 pm #

Love these short form batreps. I would watch the 1.5 – 2 hour batreps when I was learning the rules (I’ve been playing 40k for about 2 years give or take).. but can’t really focus on them any more unless I’m painting. So for me – 15 to 25 minutes is perfect.

Definitely digestible and you guys are getting pretty good at this; production quality keeps getting better and better.

7. Avatar
    gvcolor October 8, 2016 2:50 pm #

How’d that Land Raider and most of the other vehicles survive the game without getting popped by lances? Nice Battle Report!

Morollan October 10, 2016 2:18 am #

Probably because a) Pablo only brought 8 lance shots which were on flyers so had to arrive from reserve and b) the dark lance is frankly awful at popping tanks due to high cost, low rate of fire, mediocre S and AP and the inexplicable incompetence of the technologically advanced Dark Eldar race to come up with any means of twin-linking them.

8. Avatar
    Duz_ October 9, 2016 6:32 am #

Baby blue blood angels?

Loved the report, great format and quality!
    As mentioned for the music was a bit out of place for 40k, but can understand if there was licensing issues)

Agreed having a running score in the corner somewhere would be great.

9. Avatar