The Ninth Realm Ep.7 Stormcast Eternals

TNR-Logo-4-300x300

In this episode, Jason, Mariana, and Special Guest Frankie talk about the Stormcast Eternals Battletome.

The 9th Realm

8-25-16

Featuring:

Jason “PJ Sleeze” Buter

eea93f57de6cda6b483fdee1e6810b47

Frankie “xXAnimeFan91Xx” Giampapa

frankie

Featuring and edited by

Mariana “I like poke mans” Vera

327

About Mariana

Self proclaimed "Swiss Army Nerd"

16 Responses to “The Ninth Realm Ep.7 Stormcast Eternals”

1. Chris August 25, 2016 1:32 pm #

Where does it say they can only die 3 times? I have listened to a few things and this is the first time I heard that. I know I the fluff books there is a guy who has died a lot and is basically a machine except when he is in combat and there he regains his personality.

• Jason
      Jason August 25, 2016 2:55 pm #

It’s either in the first main book that came out or in the Death book.

• Chris August 25, 2016 6:39 pm #

Thanks!

• Blight1 August 26, 2016 4:05 am #

I’ve definitely read stories where SE have died more than 3 times.
      The series with Manfred had one.
      Seemed to effect everyone differently.

2. Requizen
    Requizen August 25, 2016 2:20 pm #

Note: the Knight-Vexillor can only use one of his abilities since they are tied to different banner that they’re equipped with. And you’ll always take the teleporting one for Retributors. Still very good, though.

Crossbow Judicators are top notch when you take any Deep Strike battalion. When they get in range they do statistically more damage than the Bows.

• Jason
      Jason August 25, 2016 2:54 pm #

Good point! The Stormcast Eternals have so many threats!

3. Scotyknows August 25, 2016 10:22 pm #

To counter the drop retributors my friend is running im thinking of ditching some of my brutes (sad times) in order to field the Gorefist, this gives my 5 wound gorgruntas a 15in “scout” move, they can then move the bonus d6, 9in(normal move) and charge 2d6 after all that. Im hoping the potential of this will help keep his prosecutors pinned back or else they will get first turn charged by my dudes.

Ive seen these drop sigbrahs in action, they dont have a lot of models on the table pre drop, so screening should be difficult. Especially against my against my 45, 4+ wounds of fast as fuck cavalry. And if he blows his load on my gruntas, I can follow up with my (slightly slower) mawcrusha, which has the 4+ ward save against mortals wounds, to pile in a wreck a unit of rets.

9 gruntas might not hit hard enough to make the strat work, Ima have to play more games!

4. Blight1 August 26, 2016 4:16 am #

Well none of them survived becoming SE. He doesn’t grab living people he grabs dead heroes that died with faith in him. He builds them a body/ rebuilds. Some of the SE are even people from the old world.
    That’s why Nagash is so pissed at him. Doesn’t like others taking his stuff.

5. Blight1 August 26, 2016 5:30 am #

For the retributor bomb there are a few specific things that come to mind that might help.
    A fair few Slaanrsh models have the ability to pile in and attack before the enemy gets to attack regardless of who’s turn it is.
    Any order character can take the quicksilver’s potion for a similar effect.
    Tar pitting with nurgle daemons works since they have saves against mortal wounds.
    For deeath the only thing I can think of right now is using cheap hordes to block charges to the units they want to fight. 6+ vs mort

• Scotyknows August 26, 2016 8:36 am #

There is a guy who has been playing with a slannesh deamon prince(pile in and attack frist trolly guy) but he doesnt ever do enough damage to actually affect the rets. He swings first, maybe kills 1, then dies.

however, skeles and the disgustingly resilient plague bearers work great, especially if you summon them down right in front of your big dudes at the last moment. Skeles are the best imo, with their death save and getting d6 back in your hero phase.

6. mmimzie August 26, 2016 9:04 pm #

Will we have more rules calrifications pre LVO??? such as a word on how the zombies work with the reinforcement points, and also how the ring of immortality interacts with such rules??

• Requizen
      Requizen August 27, 2016 7:26 am #

That is already clarified in the handbook. Adding to units does not require reinforcement points as long as you do not go over the original starting size.

I would assume bringing a Hero back works on the same regard. You’re not summoning a new one, you’re just essentially healing it at the time of death. Therefore, it doesn’t require points.

7. Chaosquo August 27, 2016 9:07 am #

I don’t want to sound ungrateful for the amount of work you put into these, but is there any chance Signals and Ninth Realm could be separate podcasts on iTunes? I am not that interested in Age of Sigmar.

• mmimzie August 28, 2016 6:24 am #

Singals it 40k/AoS and is more of just a frontline gaming podcast than any specific game, and this is an all AoS show.

So i see your point because they don’t have a 40k specific pod cast.

• Chaosquo August 28, 2016 9:47 am #

I don’t mind them talking about AoS on Signals, but I would rather not have Ninth Realm show up on my podcast feed.

8. BMAC September 29, 2016 6:33 am #

Poor. Forgot a lot of basics and got rules wrong.