The Ninth Realm: An Age of Sigmar Podcast Ep.5

We talk Season of war and The Bonesplitterz Battletome.

LVO AoS News: The player packet for the Narrative and GT are up on the site! www.lasvegasopen.net

• Bonesplitterz
  • Sample 2k list: Reecius took too many Heroes in this list, doh! You have 6 allowed, total.
    • Icebone Warclan: 100pts

Jason Buter

FromtheInternet(1)

Featuring and edited by:

Mariana Vera

1ATLadyRainicornLook

About Mariana

Self proclaimed "Swiss Army Nerd"

28 Responses to “The Ninth Realm: An Age of Sigmar Podcast Ep.5”

1. Thomas August 4, 2016 3:28 am

You should check out the Seraphon Fire Lance Battallion. Three units of Saurus Knights and a mounted Scar-veteran. Knights come in boxes of 8 (also 8 in the start collecting box), so you can easily convert one into a scar-veteran on Cold one (just use the War Pick and add some flair to it) and still bring three units of five. The Battalion is cheap and gives +3 run/charge and 6 to wound add a mortal wound. Only 60 points extra.

That’s all the battleline you need in one go. You’ll still want some screening units I guess.

2. Blight1 August 4, 2016 3:33 am

Haven’t ever seen an item or rule that rounds down before. Does it say mortal wounds too? All the other similar abilities say damage(or wounds) and mortal wounds.

I am liking the beastclaw from what I’ve seen. Already have a small 1.5k force of them from my ogre army so they’re an easy choice for me. Their new fluff looks fun and I love the ice powers and aesthetic. They have an artifact that up the damage of a weapon by one and forces the unit wounded by it to fight last too. Also that are!y in a box is a very good deal. I really want to see how all the subfactions get fleshed out.

3. Blight1 August 4, 2016 3:45 am

Oh and something I wanted to point out is that the AoS app tends to have the warscroll for new units a week in advance of their book’s release. Very helpful in planning an army even if you don’t get the battalions.

Reecius August 6, 2016 12:55 pm

Yeah, that is awesome.

4. Ishagu August 4, 2016 5:36 am

That Knight Vexilor trick had been an eye opener for me!

Definitely going to include one in my list 😀

Reecius August 6, 2016 12:55 pm

It’s a brutal trick, lol

5. Ytook August 4, 2016 5:46 am

I believe the “Da Icebone Skull” artefact works a bit differently than you described, as per the FAQ on the damage halfing rule on units like the bastiladon and Ogor monsters, when working out damage to half you include all the damage done by an enemy attacking, so if 10 guys with 1 damage weapons cause 5 damage that total would then be halved (and rounded down in this case) to 2 wounds.

Still real good but not quite damage negating.

• Blight1 August 4, 2016 7:27 am

Where is that in the FAQ? (Page number if you could)
      I can’t find it and I use both warsphinxs and stone horns so I would really like to know. It’s actually much better that way for the abilities that round up.

• Blight1 August 4, 2016 8:15 am

Found it.
        Was only looking in the main FAQ. It was in the destruction FAQ. So you wait for the entire unit to make all attacks then halve it. Better for me.
        I was doing it like Reece and damage 1 units weren’t effected by it.

• Adam
      Adam (TheDiceAbide & RUMBL) August 4, 2016 7:30 am

The fact it rounds down is pretty amazing in itself! But yeah, you should add up all the damage dealt by an attacking unit, then halve it… Too bad they don’t have any Behemoth Leaders to put it on.

Reecius August 6, 2016 12:55 pm

Nice catch! Still an awesome relic.

6. Anvil
    Anvil August 4, 2016 6:55 am

I definitely was really curious how they were going to go about with the Bonesplittaz, and they sound like a lot of fun to play, despite not having Monsters. The whole Monster Hunting theme really fits them and is a unique flavor so far in the game. I would love to see more horde armies at my store, and I think one of the 40k players we know might pick up that book. Their book came out at a good time since I just started painting a Stardrake, who has been doing really well in my games backed up by Fulminators.

Reecius August 6, 2016 12:55 pm

I am tempted to whip some up, they look like a lot of fun!

7. Evilmonstar August 4, 2016 7:36 am

I’m not able to access the packet for the Age of Sigmar GT on the LVO site. It says “this file requires permission” and I can’t view it. What do?

• mmimzie August 4, 2016 10:02 am

I posted similar on one of the signals episodes, but i think they missed my message.

• gvcolor August 4, 2016 10:33 am

Yeah, I even submitted for permission two days ago and I still can’t access any rules info…

• Requizen
      Requizen August 4, 2016 12:26 pm

Same here, I would like to see the setup! They said they were just doing book missions at 2000 points for the GT, but it’d be nice to see if they put in any other limitations or changes.

Reecius August 6, 2016 12:56 pm

Yeah, the GW guys have not yet made it public. I will most likely switch it back to the old place holder until they finish the PDF version.

8. gvcolor August 4, 2016 10:51 am

Okay – I have a complaint! After each of the podcasts I want to go buy the army… Haha! Was looking at the Bonesplitters with the giant spear it is tooo damn funny!

Another great discussion

Reecius August 6, 2016 12:57 pm

Haha, glad you liked it!

9. Requizen
    Requizen August 4, 2016 11:05 am

Another solid podcast!

The Retributor bomb will be a staple at lots of events, I think. It’ll be the meta-shaper for a little bit, but it’s obviously a bit less good against certain armies or proper positioning.

I’m going to be trying it in my Eternals force, though only 5-man and supported by the Skyborne Slayers for a bit of flexibility.

Reecius August 6, 2016 12:57 pm

Yeah, the winged Stormcast units are awesome.

10. OnE473 August 4, 2016 11:22 am

i play Death mainly Death Rattle with Nagash and the redistributor bomb doesn’t really scare me all that much with Nagash

11. Crimson Devil August 4, 2016 9:51 pm

You have 7 characters. Is there something I’m missing about battalions that allow you to exceed the limit?

• Blight1 August 5, 2016 2:40 am

Huh didn’t notice that before. Yeah Reece you’re over the leader limit by 1. Still a good start.

Reecius August 6, 2016 12:56 pm

Nope, I cheated on accident. Thanks for pointing that out.

12. pascalnz August 5, 2016 1:30 am

Lovely stuff guys 🙂

Reecius August 6, 2016 12:57 pm

Glad you liked it, buddy!