The Ninth Realm: An Age of Sigmar Podcast Ep.3

TNR Logo 4

We “dig in” to the Flesh Eaters Court and start to talk about the Generals Handbook.

The response to our first 2 episodes was great, and next week we might have a new voice stopping by to talk Age of Sigmar!

Our Fearless Leader:

reece podcast picture

Reece “Luis” Robbins

jason podcast picture

Jason “The Sleeze Man” Butler

giraffe mariana

Featuring and Edited by:

Mariana”trying her very best” Vera

About Mariana

Self proclaimed "Swiss Army Nerd"

36 Responses to “The Ninth Realm: An Age of Sigmar Podcast Ep.3”

1. Jeff Poole July 21, 2016 4:05 pm #

Hey guys,

Loving the podcast. I am thinking about returning to fantasy (been out since the 90s). I would love to see a podcast that kind of does a breakdown of all the specific factions that are out there. Right now it seems very overwhelming trying to choose a faction and your insight would be appreciated!

Jeff

Reecius July 21, 2016 5:55 pm #

Thanks for the feedback! That is certainly doable.

• Blight1 July 22, 2016 4:22 am #

Pretty much start with the major alliance you are interested in first. Death, Chaos, Destruction, or Order. Armies can be a combination of any unit from those grand alliances so you have quite a bit to pick from.
      Also the app is great for trying out units and army builds. If I’m interested in a model I download the warscroll and see how it plays. It also allows you to look at all the current subfactions on their own if you like.

• Ytook July 22, 2016 7:21 am #

Agreed, I think the app is secretly one of the best things about AoS.

No confusion over what rules are relevant or usable, just what is it in the app? Then it’s that.

2. OnE473 July 21, 2016 7:21 pm #

I’m really digging the podcast also i was going to go Undead but there is so many options for undead i didnt know where to start, i knew i was going to buy Nagash first and paint him because well hes amazing!

Reecius July 21, 2016 11:18 pm #

Glad to hear you’re enjoying it! And yes, nagash is stupid awesome

3. Novastar July 21, 2016 7:52 pm #

Really enjoying 9th realm guys!!

Reecius July 21, 2016 11:17 pm #

Glad you’re enjoying it!

4. Adam
    Adam (TheDiceAbide.com) July 21, 2016 8:11 pm #

I’m pretty excited to see AOS picking up steam. Definitely going to play a bit with my ogres, just trying to decide on my second army (can’t just have one army for any game!)… Pretty torn between Sylvaneth and Fyreslayers, it just sucks that GW screwed the pooch on giving $ prices to fyreslayers, some of the most expensive infantry in the game!

Reecius July 21, 2016 11:17 pm #

Yeah, fyreslayers are pricey and they’re fragile, too.

• Adam
        Adam (TheDiceAbide.com) July 22, 2016 7:49 am #

Yeah, though frankly the list would probably be built around 4 Magmadroths, haha.

Reecius July 22, 2016 8:11 am #

In which case it will be good, lol

• gvcolor July 22, 2016 11:50 am #

Yeah, it appears the timing on the Fyreslayers release happened before the slightly lower prices we see from GW now… Here’s hoping for a Get Started box – I’m sure they’ll do it, but who knows when.

5. OnE473 July 21, 2016 11:24 pm #

What Starter box for undead is best for Nagash?

• Blight1 July 22, 2016 4:17 am #

Skeleton horde. Battle line skeletons, black knights or ghost cavalry, and a mortarch. Very good for beefing up the undead. Get three and you can have all the special characters.

6. Ron July 22, 2016 3:28 am #

loving the podcast so far. i really like the that you can pick what ever box of models build and paint em, then chuck them on the table and play. cant wait to get my iron jawz up and running. had my first game with them the other day, and they hit like a train if they make it to combat. keep up the good work and look forward to when you get around to talking about the battle tome for iron jawz would like to hear your guys thought on them.

7. Blight1 July 22, 2016 5:18 am #

Mariana needs a Slaan. Giant, sleepy, magic, toad on a floating recliner.
    Really good wizard and he opens up summoning options.

One of the things I really like about AoS is that just about every unit I’ve seen is viable. Units that were terrible in fantasy 8th edition are almost universally better. Everything seems to have some job it does well or at least differently enough to justify its inclusion in your army.

8. Blight1 July 22, 2016 5:41 am #

Oh also a very nice change of pace but FW already has a spot for the points download for their AoS units. Didn’t have the file ready yet but that was yesterday.
    Very nice to see them update quickly.

• Blight1 July 22, 2016 5:45 am #

Also, also FW just updated their flyers to use death from the skies.
      Good day

Reecius July 27, 2016 10:15 am #

Nice catch!

9. Ytook July 22, 2016 7:26 am #

Great stuff, as ever!

I like how Flesh Eaters summoning works, as they come on from board edges rather than summoned ‘from the ground’ as with other undead, gives a nice feeling of an endless tide of nasties that are surrounding you.

Already seen some awesome Flesh Eater/Bretonian model kit bashes, their really interesting background has so much opportunity for cool modelling, can’t wait to see what people do 😀

• Ytook July 22, 2016 8:42 am #

Also I’m currently working on Stormcast, and want to rebase my vampire counts and wood/dark/high elf armies (I like elves…) army and throw some Sylvaneth in there because they’re just too awesome, also got a load of Bloodbound and Skaven stuff built and loads of Tomb Kings unbuilt, in the time of building all that I’ve painted one unit of 5 liberators and some of a lord relictor and I want to re do them anyway… really ought to get painting…

Reecius July 27, 2016 10:15 am #

Sounds like a fun project!

10. Requizen
    Requizen July 22, 2016 8:16 am #

Great podcast guys! I’ve only gotten in 2 games of AoS, but I’m really enjoying it. I’m currently just using my Daemons from 40k (even though I haven’t used them for that game in like 8 months), and they kick lots of behind! I have around 2500 points of them, I’ll either expand Chaos some more (want to pick up more Plague Drones and possibly some Slaves to Darkness stuff), or I’m going to start something new. I’m intrigued by Flesheater Courts and Stormcast at the moment, both have good cheap ways to get lots of models (Start Collecting, starter sets, King Vlagorescu’s Ghoulish Host), so I’m trying to be economical about it.

Reecius July 27, 2016 10:16 am #

Glad you’re enjoying it!

11. DustyK
    DustyK July 22, 2016 9:43 am #

Another awesome show for AoS!

I’m working on a Harvestboon Wargrove with the Everqueen and Spirit of Durthu. I love the +1 charge and the special wizard artifact is crazy good on Alerielle.

• Blight1 July 22, 2016 10:15 am #

Sorry to say unless it specifically say she can take that relic no named characters are allowed to use relics.

• Ytook July 22, 2016 10:19 am #

Yeah, Alariellle and Drycha can’t take artefacts, not that they need any 😛

12. scotyknows July 23, 2016 11:33 am #

So why are you guys rolling off for the combat phase?

• scotyknows July 23, 2016 12:36 pm #

The southcoast GT rules pack just says(under General Changes) that “The dice to see who takes the initiative at the start of each Battle Round may not be re-rolled or modified in any way.” But in the 4 page rules it doesn’t say anything about initiative.

• scotyknows July 23, 2016 12:40 pm #

nvm realized it was for the whole turn and not just the combat phase….

13. Shayne Smith July 24, 2016 8:46 pm #

What is the list that comes in under 220 dollars I think is what you said?

I feel like for that price point I’ll start a Death Alliance army tonight haha

Reecius July 27, 2016 10:16 am #

Hey dude, two Flesh Eater Courts Start Collecting Boxes and one or two other boxes of whatever you want and you have an entire army!

14. mmimzie July 27, 2016 6:40 pm #

Hey reecius what do you think of the scenarios of the generals hand book, the matched play ones??? I think i kinda dig them. The senarios from before sucked monkey butt, but these new ones are baller.

I haven’t gotten to listen to your AoS podcast yet. Gonna go painting mad this weekend and catch up.

15. blindside October 4, 2016 12:37 pm #

I just started listening to your AoS podcast and I’ve quite tempted to pick up flesh eaters court as my first army. Should I grab the King Vlagorescu’s Ghoulish Host or pick up 2 start collecting? I was also curious which big guy I should build if I choose King Vlagorescu’s Ghoulish Host they both seem so good. Thank for your podcasts I am enjoying them, I’m hoping to hear a skaven podcast soon.

Reecius October 4, 2016 12:41 pm #

They’re both very good! Alex in our group plays them and was one of the first to defeat Brandon, so they seem very solid so far!