- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, and YouTube! Join our Forums, too! If you would like to be a guest on the show, email Reece at Contact@FrontlineGaming.org
- We sell tabletop games and supplies at 20% off! Hit us up for your next gaming order at Orders@FrontlineGaming.org or visit our webstore at FrontlineGaming.org.
- You think Reecius’ T-Shirts are cool? Buy yours, here!
- BAO is coming up quick! We’ll see everyone in the bay in a few short days!
- Give this podcast a listen to prep for the BAO: Tournament Preparation: Maximizing Your Chances for Success
- LVO Update!
- Room block over 1/3 full
- 30K over 50% full
- 30K mega battle nearly 75% full
- 40K Champs just shy of 300! Do not wait to grab those tickets, this event will sell out and probably soon.
- 40k Narrative Teams sold out, Solo tickets selling quickly.
- Knight Joust singles and Doubles selling quickly, grab them as they will fill up.
- 40k Apoc has 15 spots left.
- All other events selling steadily, be sure to grab those that you want.
- AoS update! Got the player packs from GW and these events will be awesome. Can’t wait to share more info with you all.
- Grab those incredible new Sylvaneth models this week from FLG for 25% off retail, through July 15th. Orders@FrontlineGaming.org or call in: 888-781-5120
- The new Sylvaneth book brings some exciting new options to both the army and AoS as a whole! We’ll go into more depth on the next episode of the Ninth Realm podcast!
Upcoming ITC Events
- ITC TOURNAMENT AND PIZZA LUNCH AT MEEPLEMART, Ontario, Canada, July 16th, 2016
- Sex Panther’s 40K ITC July Event, Military Gamer Supply, El Paso, TX, July 16th, 2016
- SEMPER UBI, SUB UBI 1850, Morgantown, WV, July 16th, 2016
- July madness, Longueuil, Quebec, Canada, July 16th, 2016
- Winter Warfest, Brisbane, Australia, July 16th, 2016
- GT: Wet Coast, Burnaby, BC, Canada, July 16-17th, 2016
- MAJOR EVENT: Wintercon, Canberra, Australia, July 16-17th, 2016
- Fight for Freedom, Game Wizard Blue Sky Hobbies, Bremerton, WA, July 16th, 2016
- MAJOR EVENT: BAO, Mountain View, CA, July 16th-17th, 2016
- Salt City Gladiator Games, Farmington, UT, July 14-17th, 2016
- Gunjah the Bead Forest July Rtt, Cedar City UT, July 16th, 2016
- Ancient City Con ITC Tournament, Jacksonville, FL, July 17th, 2016
Rumors: The Rumor Section is gathered from the web and is not in any way information we receive from any manufacturer nor is it necessarily accurate. This section of the podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only.
- Meta Busting Monday: Team Tournament preparation
- Step 1: getting the 5-6 players together that can commit to going! That has been the biggest hurdle for us.
- Step 2: Determine who will be deffenders and attackers.
- Team events are different than singles tournaments, you have to have your team work together. The lists should compliment one another.
- Step 3: Go with the meta, or try to counter the meta.
- Look at the common armies and try to counter them with your teammates armies.
- Will you bring the common tournament builds? If so, you know others will do the same and probably plan on countering them. However, if you go counter-meta you will often have less powerful armies but if luck is with you and you can counter those popular lists and draw them, you will not only win but win with style! The beauty of the team format is that armies that may not have what it takes to go into a single tournament and come out on top, can be awesome performers in a team format. You have a lot of flexibility in list design because of this.
- Bear in mind that the team format often involves different terrain set-ups, too. So, you may want your defender lists to plan for this and either bring their own terrain in the form of fortifications, or be able to play the reserves game, etc.
- You cannot repeat factions, so keep this in mind. You want players that are good with different armies.
- In the end, it is better to bring a list you know front to back then to try and get too funky with a new army.
- Step 4: Choose your captain.
- Your team captain is very important, and needs to know the meta of the game very well. They will be the one making the call on match-ups and this is where your team can gain a huge advantage before the games even begin.
- Step 5: Playing as a team.
- Sometimes in the team format, the best you can do is go for a tie or a narrow loss. If you draw the other team’s heavy hitter and you have to fall on the sword, play totally defensively and try to give up as few points as possible. This can help your team win the round, even if you lose the game.
- Several year ago, the team that won the ATC had a teammate that never won a game! Every round he played the other team’s nastiest list and went for the tie. This blunted their opponent’s ability to throw up a big score that they were counting on getting, allowing the rest of the winning team more wiggle room in their games.
- Step 6: Have fun! That is what this is all about, after all.
- Reece and Frankie’s armies, why we brought them and how we think they will perform.
Hope that this is the right e-mail for your podcast list review, I know that you say it all the time but I checked the last 6 podcasts and couldn’t pinpoint the moment in which you speak the adress.
First thing first, I’m an Italian follower and LOVE your podcast, keep fighting the good fight.
I’m going to a ITC (ITALIAN Tournament Comp, pretty much basic rules) tournament in April and since that they’re allowing me to bring a Kustom Stompa from Forgeworld, imma do it.
The list is pretty simple and straight forward but I wanted to hear if you liked it, especially if the KFF was worth it or if I should take a Painboy for the bikers instead.
++ Orks: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1750pts) ++
+ HQ (235pts) +
Big Mek (95pts) Da Finkin’ Kap, Kustom Force Field, Warlord
Warboss : Bike, Lucky Stikk, Klaw, bosspole
+ Elites (206pts) +
Tankbustas 12, 3 squig bombs, trukk with ram
+ Troops (70pts) +
+ Fast Attack (419pts) +
5 Deffkoptas with Twin-linked Rokkit Launcha
3 Deffkoptas with Twin-linked Rokkit Launcha
8 Warbikers including Nob with klaw
+ Lord of War (820pts) +
Kustom Stompa (FW) (820pts)
[2x Big Shoota
Deff Kannon with co-axial Supa-gatler,
Deth Arsenal(3d6 Strenght 9 Ap 3 shots plus d3 Supa-rokkits,
Flamebelcha (Hellstorm template S6 Ap 3)
Gigashoota (6f6 S6 ap4 shots)
Titan Close Combat Weapon
May good fights always come your way,