The ITC Shield Generator is Now Available!

warp sheild 3 webcart

Use protection! The Shield Generator style of protection!

Purchase your ITC Shield Generator, here!

The ITC Shield Generator is great for your Science Fiction miniatures games! It is designed to work in 28mm scale, and measures 6.5″ x 6.5″ at the base and stands 9.75″ tall.

It comes with two different toppers, a pyramid and cog style topper to personalize your ITC Shield Generator!

warp sheild 4 webcart

Or, if you’re feeling creative, take a Ping Pong Ball and paint it up to customize your ITC Shield Generator as we did in the picture below.

warp sheild 1 webcart

Thanks for reading, and remember: always play with protection!

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
35 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Chancy
Chancy
6 years ago

Ordered this already. Been looking for a model, but couldn’t find anything. Thanks guys.

westrider
6 years ago

I’m really kind of amazed that y’all are the first to come out with a VSG this good. It’s been a serious gap in the 3rd party resources for a while now. Great job, and I’m gonna have to pick one up soon.

abusepuppy
Reply to  westrider

There do exist some other VSG standins, but this one has the advantage of being large enough and cheap enough in combination to make a good choice. I’m actually quite impressed with it.

westrider
Reply to  abusepuppy

Like I said, first one this good. I’ve seen a couple of others, but wasn’t nearly as impressed by them.

6 years ago

Where I can find the rules on the vsg? Also, is the book still available or do I have to get it through Limewire (torrents?)

1PlusArmour
6 years ago

Looks sick, great work guys!

The Earl of Earl
The Earl of Earl
6 years ago

Are other toppers acceptable? Ork glyph? A skull? A throne of skulls? A rivet gun? Green eggs and ham?

6 years ago

Wow, it’s for entire army and dirt cheap?! Definitely sold me ordering one once paycheck clears in a few days.

*shields entire army within 12″

RauPow
RauPow
6 years ago

The Official VSG has the battlements on the highest level and has no LoS features blocking the models up there. Do you have a view for people who would consider this (there are a few out there) who would consider this “Modeling For Advantage” so you can protect your models from LoS while getting the 4+ Battlements Cover save?

Luke
Luke
Reply to  RauPow

I can’t comment on FLG’s stance, but realize that when you are using a model that has an actual model, most tournaments adopt a line something like this:

“You are welcome to model creatively and have awesome poses or even a different model entirely; however you will accept all of the disadvantages and none of the advantages created by your choice to do so”

Simply meaning that if your home made VSG is shorter than the actual VSG, tough cookies. You don’t get extra protection that you would have gotten with the real model.

On the flip side, say you made it too tall, and gained extra protection for your units as a result. Welp you don’t get the extra protection that your actual model is providing.

This can, of course, be rather dicey, especially at the tournament level. Truth be told, I would have hoped that FLG would have released a generator that worked a little more like the original (at least in terms of important functionality such as blocking line of sight, etc)

Luke
Luke
Reply to  Luke

I should clarify, however, that it does look awesome. If I didn’t have one, I would get this in a heartbeat

DirtySheetsMcSkeets
DirtySheetsMcSkeets
6 years ago

Any pics on how it comes outta packaging not assembled painted?

Drachnyen
Drachnyen
6 years ago

The original VSG does not have any battlements:

The description however, clearly states “medium building with battlements”

I would of liked to see the ITC one with some kind of battlement.

For myself, I have used a variant based on a bastion, then more recently and more successfully on a firestorm Reboubt. This last option is awesome, you placed a plasma ball in the middle section and use the side battlements (without turrets) to place troops. Totally legal as its a “medium building with battlements”. I measure the 12 inch from the middle of the building (where the plasma ball is located)

bigpig
bigpig
Reply to  Drachnyen

I guess this one is subject to discussion. I’ve heard it both ways. We measure it from the edges. It says from any point, not “any one point” so by RAW should be 12″ extending around from the edges. Basically increases the coverage zone but also makes it easier to have gaps were Deep striking models can come into.

Reply to  Drachnyen

I’m not seeing the shield specification of 12″ in your faq Frontline. From abusepuppy article, it sounds like people are just keeping a few models within 12″ while the rest of the unit moves upfield? I think it should addressed, void shield should be a 12″ bubble not 12″ with 1 model of a unit. Maybe I’m reading explanation wrong, but ppl are going to abuse it if it’s not clarified in the faq

Luke
Luke
Reply to  Dbiesto

That’s how it works, for better or for worse

Reply to  Luke

Well…Im going to keep my fingers crossed that we have a vote on how it works. It really gives Deathstars/ death blobs a huge handicap against shooting focused army. And this is coming from a Daemon player. GW needs to hire some rules lawyers, I just checked their site, and we are getting yet another new book.

westrider
Reply to  Dbiesto

It was voted on in the past after some Green Tide lists started making waves with it. The basic consensus is that if you’re relying on firepower, and you can’t deal with 3HP worth of AV12 pretty easily, you need to rework your list.

Sex Panther
Sex Panther
Reply to  Dbiesto

Sadly now that FG has made a model to sell, we probably won’the be making any votes to make the VSG worse.

6 years ago

Wow…ironically I made 3 based around my list based on bubble effect.

Freeman
Freeman
6 years ago

Is this gonna be available in your European webstore at some point?

Chancy
Chancy
6 years ago

Was wondering about instructions. ??? I like puzzles but come on a picture or something as a reference would be nice. the painted one doesn’t help at all.

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x