Tuesday Night Fight Pre-Game: Space Marines vs. Orks

Hello Everyone we have got a battle of epic porportions for you tonight. John McCool and his Ork Hordes will be trying to take down Frankie and his mighty Battle Company. Who will end up winning this bloody battle? Tune in and find out 7:00 P.M. PST TWITCH

white scars

Tankbustas 15

Heavy

5 Mek Gunz 5 Kustom Mega Kannon, 20 Grots, 5 ammo runtz

Fortification

Skyshield Landing Pad: 5 x Barricades

About White925

Frankie is the greatest 40K player on the planet. Nuff Said.

10 Responses to “Tuesday Night Fight Pre-Game: Space Marines vs. Orks”

1. blight January 19, 2016 8:15 pm

Is this an unbound list or is that just a typo with all the weird boyz?
    Can’t see it doing too well against battle company either way.
    Also can’t take both the big boss pole and the 4+ kustom force field on the same guy. Also also can’t take them at all unless you are using the specific detachments from Ghaz’s supplement.

• abusepuppy January 20, 2016 8:21 am

I imagine he’s taking two of the unique Ork detachment, which has three HQ slots in it. However, you’re correct with regard to both points on the relics.

2. williegoat January 19, 2016 10:04 pm

I’d like to take the time to thank the FLG team and John McCool for picking my number out of 530 possible chances. I’ve really worked hard to win this price of 3 snap fit marines and paint set with brush. I can’t wait to get these built and painted to bring to LVO to show how much you guys support the online community. All my friends are so jealous that I of all people won a prize on your show. I think I’m going to quit my job tomorrow because if I’m this lucky I’ll make it big in Vegas… Anyway, McCool Rulez!!!

3. Tap January 20, 2016 12:02 am

What am i missing John??? What’s your plan? Mass Grot Blastas for the win?

Also, what was your list in Renegade Open? 😀

• tag8833 January 20, 2016 2:28 am

Here is my theory having not watched the batrep yet.

He is running Ork Hoarde + Ork CAD + Ork CAD to get all of the wierdboyz in the list. That is why there are so many gretchin.

I’m thinking he attaches all of the Wierdboyz to the KMK’s and does demon summoning.

The Big Mek goes with the Tankbustas that don’t have a nob.

It seems gimmicky, but if he summons enough it might be fun. He gets 12 rolls, and generates 18 warp charges a turn if he keeps one squad of boyz nearby.

4. Screamo January 20, 2016 4:21 am

I think the big Mek will go with the kannons for the 4++ and the relentless. He can also do some nice tricks with santic, Gate away from trouble and sanctuary. Then can summon out the wazzoo as well 😀 interesting list! I’ll have a watch later

5. Ming January 20, 2016 9:55 am

I’m not impressed by the dozer blades…for the price he’d have 8 (or so) additional storm bolters on his Rhinos, or a combiflamer in every squad…vs the walled horde, the combiflamers might be really useful. Looking forward to seeing the video to see how it turned out.

• White925 January 20, 2016 11:50 am

You will once you roll that 1 trying to drive onto an objective haha. Id just rather not risk getting immobilized.

• williegoat January 21, 2016 7:31 am

Besides, Frankie didn’t tailor his battle company to orks. The White scars rhinos have one thing going for them.. Which is mobility. If a piece of DT immobilizes a rhino, it cripples their strength and leaves them to be a sitting duck.

6. John McCool January 26, 2016 12:06 pm

I was running the Ork Horde detachment, a CAD and a Waaagh Ghazkull detachment. I had 1 of each psychic power I needed, 4 purge souls, WHYYYY!?!?!?!?! I rolled sanctic because it is hilarious. 1 Gate, 1 Sanctuary, and 1 Cleansing flame was all I got. The hope for this list is to get 2-3 gates to get 2 tankbusta units out of the thick of it (deploy on the back edge). Then teleport the Mek Gunz (with the 4++ Big Mek) across the table, Sanctuary for 3++ at T7 and reach a cleansing flame if I need it with the mek gunz help on the deep strike.

Lack of mobility is the weakness of orks after they nerfed the Trukks, they almost always explode killing almost half of the unit every time. So I removed the Trukks and went for teleportation. Having 4++ from the skyshield and Mega Force field gives orks a fighting chance against lists like Frankie’s Minotaurs. Cleansing flame is also a necessity for this list to wreck war convocations and the like.

I recommend this list to anybody who is trying to up their 40k game. It is highly strategic and will throw a curve ball at your opponent when you trade deployment and divide their army. There is room for 1 more Weirdboy if you drop the CAD and take another Orke Horde detachment. You have to shift some points around, but it works.