No Signals From the Frontline, Today.

signals from the Frontline

There will be no Signals, today. Frankie is still in Mexico on vacation and Mariana is sick, so we won’t be able to broadcast, today, sorry. We’ll be back on schedule, asap.

17 Responses to “No Signals From the Frontline, Today.”

1. greggles September 28, 2015 8:51 am #

And such juicy tidbits to discuss as well! Look forward to your next cast guys!

2. Rawdogger September 28, 2015 9:04 am #

We need a back up rig up here in Martinez so the ol Rawdogg can fill in when need be.

• IndigoJack September 28, 2015 10:12 am #

I second this.

Reecius September 28, 2015 10:58 am #

That would be awesome! This time it was a bit last minute as I came home ealry to get the cast done and then Mariana called in sick, just a bit of bad timing.

3. Truesight September 28, 2015 9:43 am #

But how will I ever know what Dark Eldar needs to be a real army? This question needs to be answered guys 🙂

Reecius September 28, 2015 10:58 am #

Yeah, sorry to derail that question on the last cast! I should have just let Frankie talk.

4. RyanTSG September 28, 2015 9:49 am #

I cant wait to see your analysis of the Stormsurge. The thing looks like a beast, though really goes to show how under priced the Supremacy suit is. Hope you enjoyed Mexico, I am sure by Friday there will be a lot more details.

Reecius September 28, 2015 11:00 am #

It looks pretty solid to me. Being able to shoot twice is vicious.

• Novastar September 28, 2015 12:17 pm #

How about them squads of 3 lol

5. iNcontroL September 28, 2015 11:45 am #

ah shucks!

6. Learn2Eel September 28, 2015 12:57 pm #

I’ve just finished writing my super long early impressions/early review of the Stormsurge as well, was looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it but I guess I can wait 🙂

I think it is a really well balanced model for its points, I think people are over-selling the comparisons to Wraithknights and the Tau’nar as this thing isn’t meant to compete with the latter and we all know the former is severely under-priced. Being able to fire twice makes me think this will be the Tau answer to MSU if I’m interpreting the rules correctly where each individual weapon can fire at two different targets when fired twice.

Curious to see if you guys allow it into the accepted Lords of War list, I don’t see anything that particularly jumps out that makes it ban-worthy aside from the close-ranged Pulse Blastcannon Destroyer shots being buffed with Ignores Cover. I kinda like that weapon even though it doesn’t really fit with the rest of the model – it is the shotgun to end all shotguns!

Reecius September 28, 2015 2:25 pm #

Yeah, this thing 100% meets our accepted LoW criteria form what I have seen so far. The blast is 5″ (as for as I can tell) which falls within our acceptable criteria. We have to wait till we have official rules, of course, but so far it seems fine.

I agree that folks are missing the bigger picture by comparing it to a Wraithknight. EVERYTHING falls short compared to a WK. From what I can tell, this is a fairly priced LoW and the shooting twice thing is savage. In the first turn this model can shoot like, 10 different units it appears. That’s crazy! I think when you put it on the table, it will prove itself. Time will tell, of course.

• tag8833 September 28, 2015 4:51 pm #

Since I love MSU, and I play Orks and Nids, I don’t like it, but it is far less objectionable than a Wraith Knight.

Something sits a little wrong about a unit that shoots 8D6 S5 AP5 shots per turn, but it will statistically hit 14 times, and a squad of 3 Broadsides hits 9 times with SMS. At least it isn’t Twin Linked Ignore Cover, and it is on a platform that is easier to kill than a riptide.

7. Hotsauceman1 September 28, 2015 2:04 pm #

Welp, I guess Frankie got kidnapped by the cartels.

• Jet September 28, 2015 2:09 pm #

I love where your mind went to

8. Ishagu September 28, 2015 3:49 pm #

The new Tau suit is very interesting.
    We should stop talking about the Wraithknight – that thing is ludicrously under -priced.

The new Tautan from FW is the most broken, worst thing in terms of rules in the game.

This new suit on the other hand, is a powerful addition ro the Tau army. Being able to take it in Squadrons is crazy too. The sheer volume of firepower will make msu based armies weep. Let’s not forget how easy it is for this suit to get cover saves, and it comes stock with FNP.

9. Bassface7 September 28, 2015 10:28 pm #

Tough to make any assertions on the new suit without the context of the new codex – new synergy could make it insanely good, or leave it high and dry. Tbh i’m more interested in the Ghost Keel