signals from the Frontline

• Follow us on TwitterFacebookTwitch, and YouTube!  Join our Forums, too! If you would like to be a guest on the show, email Reece at
  • We sell tabletop games and supplies at 20% off! Hit us up for your next gaming order at or visit our webstore at

• NOVA Open

• LVO

• Burning Man

burning man

About White925

Frankie is the greatest 40K player on the planet. Nuff Said.

14 Responses to “Signals from the Frontline: Warhammer 40k and General Gaming News, Rumors, Tactics and Comedy!”

1. greggles September 8, 2015 3:03 am #

Was great to see you again Frankie! Your army looked $#@)(&$)( Awesome!

Quick video here!

Photos here!

• Adam
      Adam ( September 8, 2015 8:23 am #

Nice photos! Your army is looking great too. Nice work on the weathering, I think the army will look phenomenal when it’s all finished.

• greggles September 8, 2015 8:34 am #

Thanks Adam! One of the suggestions from the artists was to line my chips for more definition. So the army will be done sometime in 2025.

• Adam
          Adam ( September 8, 2015 2:15 pm #

Haha, yeah… that’s a huge pain in my opinion and on yellow it may be less noticeable, for my deep weathering like that I like to sponge a little bit of a light metal (chainmail or silver) on the ridges of the model where the undercoat (brown) lies on an edge. It makes it look a bit worn. Even doing it directly over the yellow will give it the look of having old wear and new.

• greggles September 8, 2015 4:18 pm

Thanks for the tip. I will probably work on them some more, bit hobby fatigued at the moment. It took all I had to get those photos up!

I think I will probably use the lining of the chips as a way to “highlight” certain sections. It’s hard to figure out how much work to put into the army, or vs the comp pieces!

Reecius September 8, 2015 8:36 am #

Great pics and video, buddy!

• greggles September 8, 2015 8:42 am #

Thanks Reece! Missed seeing you, but burning man sounded like an absolute blast!

Reecius September 8, 2015 9:34 am #

Yeah, it was challenging, but good fun!

2. Toranaga September 8, 2015 9:02 am #

It’s great to hear you enjoyed Burning Man, little adventures like the one you described always made the festival for me – and kept me coming back for years afterwards despite all the effort just to get there and survive. It’s been 7 years since I burned last but I could totally imagine being out there on that deep playa bike dance party with you. People need to tell these stories more – rather than focus on the negative aspects of the festival. It’s definitely a polarizing space, but try it and you’ll never be the same again! Bravo! Maybe there’ll be a 40k camp there one day… 😉

Reecius September 8, 2015 9:14 am #

Yeah, you said it. Burning Man is quite the experience, both positive and negative. I had a great time, and am glad I went. But, there are parts of it that are very challenging. I think people should go and check it out if they’re curious. It certainly opens your mind up to new things, for sure.

3. Defeatmyarmy September 8, 2015 9:43 am #

Welcome back guys! Burning man is awesome but the weather can also be ridiculously harsh so wouldn’t recommend it for people who aren’t feeling adventurous. But if you know what you want to do there and experiences to try, it is a once in a lifetime experience. I went 2x so if you set aside 6 months to a years worth of vacation $ you will never want to go home lol. First year I was there I got caught in a sand storm right when the spiked pizza digested. They almost postponed the burn 2009 because you couldn’t see 3 feet in front of you #NightFight

4. Defeatmyarmy September 8, 2015 9:45 am #

Also bring a flashlight and hand sanitizer, toilets are only cleaned around 7 am daily lol #squat

Reecius September 8, 2015 1:29 pm #

Haha, all true statements. Good to see you back, buddy!

5. TinBane September 8, 2015 3:53 pm #

Thanks for taking the time to do the podcast, even when you are so tired!