Tuesday Night Fight! Salamanders vs. Orks

Vulkan

It’s time to throw down!! A nasty Salamander’s Battle Company vs. Reecius’ Sons of AnOrky. Fiery death from above vs. speed and lunacy! Green vs. Green! Who shall prevail? Join us at 7:00pm PST for the live game, tonight on our Twitch channel, by clicking here!

Vince’s Battle Company:

Elites
Tank Bustas 10 130
Trukk 1 30
MANZ 4 160
Trukk Ram 1 35
Totals 76 1849

26 Responses to “Tuesday Night Fight! Salamanders vs. Orks”

1. iNcontroL August 11, 2015 5:47 pm

should be fun!

2. Novastar August 11, 2015 7:27 pm

Go BigPig!!

3. Bigpig August 12, 2015 6:21 am

Great game buddy. I enjoyed it

• Kartr_Kana August 12, 2015 6:28 am

BigPig I’m curious, why didn’t you pop Tactical Doctrine turn 1? That would have twin linked all your Tacticals in the shooting and assault and given the Ironclad re-rolls of 1s to hit in the assault phase.

• Bigpig August 12, 2015 7:39 am

Cuz I was playing fast and comepletely forgot about doctrines all game. Brain fart, no excuse. Haven’t played since bao so just a hint of rust. I don’t think it would have mattered. Salamanders already benefit from a lot of shooting rerolls, but every bit in combat helps. As i recall the ironclad hit, no ones, and the tacs already reroll the meltas…… not that it mattered lol.

No excuse though. Just sloppy play.

• Kartr_Kana August 12, 2015 10:33 am

I thought it missed one but I’m probably wrong. Well there were several times when you were shooting bolters that the re-rolls could have helped.

• Bigpig August 12, 2015 12:52 pm

Agreed. Every little bit helps. Total brain fade. Its the stress of being in thunderdome

• Bigpig August 12, 2015 9:00 am

Forgot my ironclad launchers too

• Kartr_Kana August 12, 2015 10:34 am

I thought those just gave you assault grenades which wouldn’t have mattered since he didn’t assault.

• Bigpig August 12, 2015 12:50 pm

Gives defensive grenades too as I recall. Would need to double check it. Could have mattered such all his guys would have lost an attack

Reecius August 12, 2015 9:06 am

Great game as always! You are an awesome opponent. I squeaked it out there in the end, got lucky!

4. WuTangDamaja August 12, 2015 6:29 am

Haha Reece you complain sooo much even when the game is clearly swinging in your favour

• Bigpig August 12, 2015 7:40 am

Sokay, I called him on it 🙂

Reecius August 12, 2015 9:04 am

Deservedly so!

Reecius August 12, 2015 9:06 am

It’s a long running, very bad habit of mine. I try my best to hold it in, but when I am stressed during a tough game, it comes out. I know it’s annoying and I hate that I do it, but it comes out.

The funny thing is, when I am in that state, I am actually the most engaged in the game and enjoying myself the most! lol

• Bigpig August 12, 2015 10:03 am

I do it too. Competitve people get serious and focused. I have to work to make sure I don’t come across as an ass sometimes. For me it’s worst when I have a bad match up with very little chance of winning before even deploying.

Reecius August 12, 2015 1:18 pm

Yeah, I know that feeling!

5. Mike August 12, 2015 10:25 am

I didn’t get to see the end of the game. Did Reece ever remember the tankbustas rule where they give you a bonus vp for tagging a vehicle for first blood?

Reecius August 12, 2015 1:19 pm

I won the game by the skin of my nuts and no, I forgot about that bonus! Would have gone to maelstrom but I won that anyway, by a single point.

6. Noah August 12, 2015 1:35 pm

Great game Reece! A couple of things I noticed was you forgot the maelstrom point for getting first blood with the tankbustas and I think you forgot the mob rule all game long. I think there were a couple of times it could’ve helped you when you lost combat.

Reecius August 12, 2015 2:55 pm

Mob Rule would have helped me a few times, although most of my units were under 10 Orks and did not have a Character, so it would have taken a 1 to stick, but, you are right, it could have mattered. Also, I did indeed forget about the bonus VP for the Tank Bustas.

7. winterman August 13, 2015 11:26 am

Hi just had a chance to watch this. Noticed that Vince mentioned a number of times that Vulkan twin-links melta. Unfortunately they changed it in the 7ed dex. He grants master-crafted instead which was quite the nerf imo (especially against flyers). Edition hangover I am sure. Still a cool battle.

• winterman August 13, 2015 11:34 am

Gah nevermind. For somereason thought Master Craft was reroll 1s (doh!) instead of reroll 1 miss from the weapon. My bad!

Reecius August 14, 2015 8:02 am

All good =)

8. Karaghul August 14, 2015 3:37 am

Vince, those “mole-drill-machines” you use as Drop Pods, where do you got your hands on those? They look good! 😀

• Karaghul August 14, 2015 3:37 am