am.01

We’ve got an exciting game for everyone, tonight! Pablo is busting out his Skyhammer Annihilation Formation Space Marines vs. Reecius’ Astra Militarum army. How will the good old Guard fare against the armored might of the Space marines? Watch the game LIVE on our Twitch Channel, here!

L-13-Roboute the Firm-deskttop

Drop Pod 1 35
Rhino 1 35
Elites
Centurions: Meltas, Omni, Vet Sarge 3 215
Assassin Detachment
Culexus Assassin 1 140

22 Responses to “Tuesday Night Fight! Astra Militarum vs. Skyhammer Annihilation Space Marines 7:00pm PST, Tonight!”

1. iNcontroL June 23, 2015 4:33 pm #

should be fun!

Reecius June 23, 2015 5:27 pm #

Trying out some new stuff!

2. Mike June 23, 2015 7:42 pm #

I feel your pain on the culexus! Mine betrayed me at wargames con with the same “2 inch move thru cover followed by failed charge” combo against Ben.

3. Malekith June 24, 2015 1:41 am #

Hi Reece, on turn 6 you assaulted after you got out of your exploded rhino. Is this a valid move in ITC?

• Kartr June 24, 2015 4:33 am #

You cannot charge if you disembarked from a transport in the movement phase. He didn’t disembark in the movement phase, so the charge was legal.

• CaptainA June 24, 2015 7:01 am #

“If a unit disembarks from a destroyed vehicle during the enemy turn, it cannot charge in the Assault phase of its own turn unless the destroyed vehicle had the Assault Vehicle special rule.”

We all make mistakes. 🙂 Pretty much no game of 40k is perfect.

• Kartr June 24, 2015 7:07 am #

Oh wow! That would have saved me so many times! Good looking out CaptainA, I won’t be forgetting that any time soon.

• Mike June 24, 2015 7:32 am #

I hate that rule. You would think having your transport’s walls vanish around you (and passing the pin check) would be similar to hopping out of an open-topped vehicle.
        They also don’t stay consistent, since they also don’t want swooping fmc’s to assault without waiting a turn, but if you shoot them to ground, they can assault right away.

I miss my assaults from stationary vehicles. ;_;

Reecius June 24, 2015 8:42 am #

No, I just made a mistake. It didn’t have any impact on the outcome of the game, though.

4. Gojky June 24, 2015 2:14 am #

Reece, the tank shock you did was incorrect. As the models were so strung out, the end result should have been 2 scouts die and none of the other models move.

“If some enemy models in the enemy unit would end up underneath the vehicle when it
    reaches its final position (it makes no difference whether the unit is Falling Back or not),
    these models must be moved out of the way by the shortest distance, leaving at least 1″
    between them and the vehicle whilst maintaining unit coherency and staying on the
    board. Any models that cannot manage this are crushed and removed from play as
    casualties with no saves allowed. Crunch!”

The end result is similar to what you played, but really you seemed quite arrogant to pablo and generally tried to steam roll him on the rules. You were absolutely correct on the 1″ rule bit, but incorrect for the tank shock outcome.

Reecius June 24, 2015 8:54 am #

I was trying to do the Tank Shock correctly, but Pablo kept moving models he should not have, and it got screwed up. I got frustrated that we kept arguing about it but I certainly wasn’t trying to be arrogant about it, that may have just been the way you were hearing it. In the end I just let him do what he wanted to do, which definitely was not steamrolling anyone. And Pablo is a good guy and a friend, I’m not trying to put him down, it just got mixed up and I didn’t want to argue about it anymore so I let it go his way.

• Islands June 24, 2015 11:17 am #

I’m pretty sure the two scouts that was under the vehicle should have moved to the side of the vehicle since that was the shortest distance. It looked like they moved infront – obviously a longer distance.

5. Deuce11 June 24, 2015 4:04 am #

Pablo’s list looks absolutely nasty! I can’t wait until this is posted so I can watch it on my own time. Thanks FLG

• Kartr June 24, 2015 4:34 am #

You can watch the replay on twitch already.

6. Kartr June 24, 2015 4:34 am #

Did you guys ever figure out the rules for tank shocking?

Reecius June 24, 2015 8:56 am #

Yeah, I was describing it correctly, but Pablo moved models that should not have been moved so it got messed up a bit. Only the models I moved over should have moved, the others should have stayed put, acting as an anchor, so to speak, pulling the other models in the unit around my tank towards them leaving me a gap to come thorugh. It’s all good, though, we had a fun game.

7. SilverSaint June 24, 2015 8:24 pm #

Just watched the vod today. I like how Pablo insulted the IG army and said it would be a bad matchup, but then you showed him with literally over half the army points being not IG.

8. zero-charisma June 24, 2015 10:40 pm #

just a quick question. Orbital Strike for chapter master is now barrage, isn’t it? You guys only did one blast i think…but maybe i mis-understood what you were doing as i’m pretty new still to the game.

9. Tetrisphreak June 25, 2015 5:09 am #

I just want to chime in with a quick comment here – No hate, just criticism:

Pablo brought what was very obviously a strong list. It irked me that he tried to win by not “playing” the game, instead trying just to block off your board edge and win via a loophole. I wasn’t able to watch the whole thing live, i may go back and pick up where i left off to see how the game went.

Additionally, not knowing the rules of the army you’re bringing (how servo skulls work was a big issue) or having them directly on hand is bad form.

Again, these comments are negative but I’m not directing any hatred towards either of the players. I just felt like Pablo was trying to win in an unsportsmanlike fashion.

10. 997Turbo June 25, 2015 6:39 am #

I liked how Pablo tried to argue that Yarrick was worth a kill-point every time he is knocked down and tried to block off your DZ in a friendly game… Dude comes across as a total hardo.

11. Nightman June 25, 2015 10:45 pm #

Great match!

12. TheTrollingFactor July 11, 2015 1:07 am #

Coteaz peril’d on his first turn missed prescience … just saying, I keep seeing people skipping this.