Signals from the Frontline: Warhammer 40k and General Gaming News, Rumors, and Comedy!

signals from the Frontline LVO Recap!

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
39 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
colinsherlow
colinsherlow
7 years ago

Would love to watch the final match that was recorded. The recorded eldar and mid match would be a great watch as well.

Would you happen to have a link to watch the matches?

colinsherlow
colinsherlow
Reply to  Reecius

Sure can do.

I really want to see how the nid player plays his army. It is the kind of nid list that I would love to try out

iNcontroL
7 years ago

Was an amazing event 🙂 You guys done me proud! Excited for the next big events we have coming up!

TinBane
TinBane
Reply to  iNcontroL

iNcontroL: Some people have raised allegations that “it’s all your fault” that nids won the tournament. Do you feel any remorse for the Eldar and Tau players out there, who feel that revealing playable lists, and powerful formations to the general public who had all but written nids off, harmed their chances of winning the LVO?

Whether or not you feel remorse, do you feel that this is once more evidence of Reece’s conspiracy to ruin 40k for flufff bunnies, waacers, and squats?

😛

Well done guys. Streaming was great too! 384 championship players for LVO 2016, or you aiming for the full 512? 😉

TinBane
TinBane
Reply to  Reecius

Oh yeah, terrain! Didn’t think of that little detail!

Moridan
Moridan
Reply to  Reecius

Hey, speaking of terrain, what do you guys do with all of it after the event? I could use some, and would be willing to pay. 9-)

iNcontroL
Reply to  TinBane

Ha! Sean is an amazing general.. he has now won 2 GT’s with a list that has at least 6 lictors and 3 mawlocs.. who would have thought? He has inspired me to take a list with 45+ gene stealers to broadside bash I think 🙂 Will have to play test it out. So cool a Nid player is innovating that way though.

TinBane
TinBane
Reply to  iNcontroL

It was an inspired list. But I think it’s been great that you have been talking positives about Tyranids in general.

Kartr
Reply to  iNcontroL

You’re not taking the Window Lictors iNcontrol 😀

7 years ago

All I have to say is full steam ahead guys.
Also wake up at 7 and sleep at 1.
Reece, you went to college, you should be used to that.

Reply to  Hotsauceman1

Also, I don’t care what I have to do, I’m going next year

Reply to  Reecius

I would lovedoing too, but midterms, papers, and not even knowing my class schedule, quarters are a bitch. I’m getting a ticket for sure. And I’ll share a roomy even if I sleep on the floor.

TinBane
TinBane
7 years ago

OOOOooooh, MF 1 will make the scimitar much MUCH better.
Word on the street is evasion 2 for Falcons? I’m a little ambivalent about that, it certainly makes them better, but I’d rather they lower the E, increase the shots, and leave it as fragile as it is. Might be good reasons why that’s a bad idea, but I’m sure Simon and Dave are all over it.

Good to hear hawk selling so well at the LVO. Hopefully that brings in more players for LVO next year 🙂

Reply to  Reecius

I know, Im starting UCM It helps that they & resistance share units.
Im waiting to hear on new resistance stuff

TinBane
TinBane
Reply to  Reecius

Woah, excited!
That sounds awesome, and makes a lot of sense.

Guessing they will be 3 per base, with dispersed formation?

A5 makes them a tough cookie to kill, without using up valuable firepower. Basically immune to chainguns.

Reply to  TinBane

Someone said Dave wants to expand the role of infantry in the game, making people want to take them instead of have to.

GV
GV
7 years ago

Hey – Congrats on the LVO guys!

Chuck
Chuck
7 years ago

Sounds like I was in the top 8. Really it was Vincent that got the Brass Scorpion to the top 8, mine didn’t do nearly as well. Almost glad for it, it was hard enough to just watch his Scorpion get D weaponed on turned one, much less actually experience it.

Richard
Richard
7 years ago

I am dying to know who the actor at the 30k event was, and what army he played?

Reply to  Richard

If it was from trek, likely Wesley crusher

brent
brent
7 years ago

1) Glad it was a success guys!

2) When is the next one going to be 🙂
– a nightmare for me to ask right/

3) I’m looking forward to next year – I missed folks!

kontraktkiller
kontraktkiller
7 years ago

Tell Grant i want a ceremony where he gives me his team shirt.

droozy
droozy
7 years ago

Guys. Thank you, I had a blast at my first GT. All my opponents were super cool for the most part. The hall was big enough that it only smelled a little like ass towards the end. Fun, fun times. Never been prouder to be a part of a big group of crazy nerds. Will definitely be back next year. Congratulations, well earned respect for you guys. Keno, Jason, Steve, of course Frankie and Reece… everybody! Phenomenal job.

Noah
Noah
7 years ago

Thanks again Frankie and Reece for another great tournament. I had a lot of fun despite only winning two games. Hope to see you guys at Scorched Earth Open. I forgot to tell you its only a one day four game event. Not sure if that changes your mind but still hope to see you guys.

Delevarius
Delevarius
7 years ago

Can someone share the Ork list that barely missed the Finals ? I am really interested what it looks like

Noah
Noah
Reply to  Delevarius

I believe it was a Green Tide list. I think its posted in the Battle Reports section on Dakka under Work Table Flip Challenge. I think that was him.

Noah
Noah
Reply to  Noah

Ork*

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x