signals from the Frontline LVO Recap!

39 Responses to “Signals from the Frontline: Warhammer 40k and General Gaming News, Rumors, and Comedy!”

1. Avatar
    colinsherlow February 25, 2015 1:27 pm #

Would love to watch the final match that was recorded. The recorded eldar and mid match would be a great watch as well.

Would you happen to have a link to watch the matches?

Reecius February 25, 2015 2:44 pm #

We will be posting video of the matches, yes! Just give us some time to get back up to speed.

colinsherlow February 25, 2015 2:53 pm #

Sure can do.

I really want to see how the nid player plays his army. It is the kind of nid list that I would love to try out

Reecius February 25, 2015 3:16 pm #

Yeah, Sean is really good. It was such a cool list! Both of the finalists had extremely cool lists, actually.

2. Avatar
    iNcontroL February 25, 2015 1:47 pm #

Was an amazing event 🙂 You guys done me proud! Excited for the next big events we have coming up!

Reecius February 25, 2015 2:43 pm #

Thanks, buddy! It was a blast!

TinBane February 25, 2015 2:55 pm #

iNcontroL: Some people have raised allegations that “it’s all your fault” that nids won the tournament. Do you feel any remorse for the Eldar and Tau players out there, who feel that revealing playable lists, and powerful formations to the general public who had all but written nids off, harmed their chances of winning the LVO?

Whether or not you feel remorse, do you feel that this is once more evidence of Reece’s conspiracy to ruin 40k for flufff bunnies, waacers, and squats?

😛

Well done guys. Streaming was great too! 384 championship players for LVO 2016, or you aiming for the full 512? 😉

Reecius February 25, 2015 3:17 pm #

Lol, haha, that is ironic because it is a little true!

I think for 2016 we will shoot for the 300-400 range. Any more than that and we won’t be able to make enough terrain, in all honesty.

And thanks, buddy! It went super well.

TinBane February 25, 2015 4:14 pm #

Oh yeah, terrain! Didn’t think of that little detail!

Moridan February 26, 2015 5:09 am #

Hey, speaking of terrain, what do you guys do with all of it after the event? I could use some, and would be willing to pay. 9-)

iNcontroL February 25, 2015 3:55 pm #

Ha! Sean is an amazing general.. he has now won 2 GT’s with a list that has at least 6 lictors and 3 mawlocs.. who would have thought? He has inspired me to take a list with 45+ gene stealers to broadside bash I think 🙂 Will have to play test it out. So cool a Nid player is innovating that way though.

Reecius February 25, 2015 4:02 pm #

Awesome, Stealer Shock rises again! That used to be a GT winning list back in the day….sigh!

TinBane February 25, 2015 4:22 pm #

It was an inspired list. But I think it’s been great that you have been talking positives about Tyranids in general.

Reecius February 25, 2015 4:25 pm

Oh yeah, Nids are great, now.

Kartr February 25, 2015 5:39 pm #

You’re not taking the Window Lictors iNcontrol 😀

3. Avatar
    Hotsauceman1 February 25, 2015 1:54 pm #

All I have to say is full steam ahead guys.
    Also wake up at 7 and sleep at 1.
    Reece, you went to college, you should be used to that.

Hotsauceman1 February 25, 2015 2:22 pm #

Also, I don’t care what I have to do, I’m going next year

Reecius February 25, 2015 2:43 pm #

Yeah, you should definitely go, hot Sauce, it was so much fun!

Hotsauceman1 February 25, 2015 2:46 pm #

I would lovedoing too, but midterms, papers, and not even knowing my class schedule, quarters are a bitch. I’m getting a ticket for sure. And I’ll share a roomy even if I sleep on the floor.

Reecius February 25, 2015 3:18 pm

Next year dude, next year!

4. Avatar
    TinBane February 25, 2015 4:17 pm #

OOOOooooh, MF 1 will make the scimitar much MUCH better.
    Word on the street is evasion 2 for Falcons? I’m a little ambivalent about that, it certainly makes them better, but I’d rather they lower the E, increase the shots, and leave it as fragile as it is. Might be good reasons why that’s a bad idea, but I’m sure Simon and Dave are all over it.

Good to hear hawk selling so well at the LVO. Hopefully that brings in more players for LVO next year 🙂

Reecius February 25, 2015 4:24 pm #

Yeah, I was pumped to hear that, too! Scimitar being able to at least rotate makes a huge difference. Falcons need something to make them better! Plus, the cards got a boost, etc. Can’t wait to see how the new units play!

Oh, and the UCM Heavy infantry are A5 vs. Shooting and A3 in CQB to represent how slow they are. A fast opponent will be able to kill them better with a knife than they could with a gun, is how Dave described it. The have E11 combined fire, at like 18″ range, too! Brutal.

Hotsauceman1 February 25, 2015 4:33 pm #

I know, Im starting UCM It helps that they & resistance share units.
        Im waiting to hear on new resistance stuff

TinBane February 25, 2015 4:34 pm #

Woah, excited!
        That sounds awesome, and makes a lot of sense.

Guessing they will be 3 per base, with dispersed formation?

A5 makes them a tough cookie to kill, without using up valuable firepower. Basically immune to chainguns.

Hotsauceman1 February 25, 2015 4:40 pm #

Someone said Dave wants to expand the role of infantry in the game, making people want to take them instead of have to.

Reecius February 25, 2015 4:58 pm

I love the Infantry, I use a lot of them in my UCM list, now, actually. I take two full units of special forces.

Reecius February 25, 2015 4:59 pm #

Yeah, exactly. They can just wade into combat and go toe to toe with armor.

5. Avatar
    GV February 25, 2015 6:55 pm #

Hey – Congrats on the LVO guys!

6. Avatar
    Chuck February 26, 2015 7:27 am #

Sounds like I was in the top 8. Really it was Vincent that got the Brass Scorpion to the top 8, mine didn’t do nearly as well. Almost glad for it, it was hard enough to just watch his Scorpion get D weaponed on turned one, much less actually experience it.

7. Avatar
    Richard February 26, 2015 7:34 am #

I am dying to know who the actor at the 30k event was, and what army he played?

Hotsauceman1 February 26, 2015 8:33 am #

If it was from trek, likely Wesley crusher

8. Avatar
    brent February 26, 2015 9:07 am #

1) Glad it was a success guys!

2) When is the next one going to be 🙂
    – a nightmare for me to ask right/

3) I’m looking forward to next year – I missed folks!

9. James Carmona
    kontraktkiller February 26, 2015 9:35 am #

Tell Grant i want a ceremony where he gives me his team shirt.

10. Avatar
    droozy February 26, 2015 12:43 pm #

Guys. Thank you, I had a blast at my first GT. All my opponents were super cool for the most part. The hall was big enough that it only smelled a little like ass towards the end. Fun, fun times. Never been prouder to be a part of a big group of crazy nerds. Will definitely be back next year. Congratulations, well earned respect for you guys. Keno, Jason, Steve, of course Frankie and Reece… everybody! Phenomenal job.

11. Avatar
    Noah February 26, 2015 5:22 pm #

Thanks again Frankie and Reece for another great tournament. I had a lot of fun despite only winning two games. Hope to see you guys at Scorched Earth Open. I forgot to tell you its only a one day four game event. Not sure if that changes your mind but still hope to see you guys.

12. Avatar
    Delevarius February 27, 2015 1:39 am #

Can someone share the Ork list that barely missed the Finals ? I am really interested what it looks like

Noah February 27, 2015 11:01 am #

I believe it was a Green Tide list. I think its posted in the Battle Reports section on Dakka under Work Table Flip Challenge. I think that was him.

Noah February 27, 2015 12:35 pm #