LVO 40K Champs Preliminary Results and Finalists

lvo.2015

So day two is done! Wow, that went fast. What a whirlwind of activity.

We had a slow start due to a pairing software snafu day 1 which is always frustrating as we strive for perfection, but, we recovered quickly and everyone had a blast, which is what we want to hear! It was quite a site to see so many people playing in a single hall! What a fun couple of days.

Here are the standings after the main prelims of the Championships, we will bring more info and (hopefully!) an awesome live stream of the event over at our Twitch channel, FrontlineGaming_TV! Be sure to click the follow button!

The Final 8 will play in a single elimination event to determine final ITC standings and the LVO champion!

Here are the results and the top 8 finalists!

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
30 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Tetrisphreak
Tetrisphreak
7 years ago

Wow! What a great mix in the top 8! I’m sure it’s a product of mission design, as well as how interactive 7th edition has made the game.

Prindlehaven
Prindlehaven
7 years ago

Chaos Space Marines!!!??! Astra Miltarum!!!!!??? Only one Eldar list!!!!!??? ORKS IN 9TH PLACE???!!! WHAT???!!

*head explodes*

Prindlehaven
Prindlehaven
Reply to  Prindlehaven

Also, no Tau, no Necrons, and only one Knights detachment! What a top 8.

Fagerlund

Deamons allied with Inquisition on the top spot? Sigh… 😛

Sanchezsam2
Sanchezsam2
Reply to  Fagerlund

To be fair I don’t see that as anti fluff the inquisitor codex has a lot of fluff about inqusitors making deals with chaos if it what was best for the imperium. Also tons of heretical inqusitors or quasi heretics who usr demonology to extend thier lives. Heck demon hosts is pretty much heretical and its a troop option in the book. So an inqusitors teaming up with a demon to combat a threat to the imperium really isn’t thst big a stretch

Luke
Luke
Reply to  Fagerlund

To be even more fair, Nick doesn’t *really* have allied inquisition. All he has is a single inquisitor for access to the servo skulls. When I asked him why, he said “well I can’t think of a better way to spend the points”. It’s basically a kill point waiting to happen for anyone who wants it in exchange for anti-infiltrate. His list is entirely Daemons, don’t worry

Fagerlund
Reply to  Luke

Well to be fair… is the inquisition anything other than servo skulls? 😛

Luke
Luke
Reply to  Fagerlund

I’ve heard that they also include Jokaero. Yet to be confirmed

masos
masos
7 years ago

Will someone be filming the final game? That would be really awesome!!!

masos
masos
7 years ago

And will you guys be posting the top lists like last year?

Bel
Bel
7 years ago

Can we get some Lists from the final Players?

Luke
Luke
Reply to  Reecius

What time does that start? Also, I love Geoff, but for the record I voted for you to broadcast the games in a suit. Something to consider for next year 😉

Jaygh
Jaygh
7 years ago

CSM HYPE. Will definitely be watching twitch today.

ChanceT
ChanceT
7 years ago

Excited for the finals casting. Geoff is helping cast the games right? He’s always a great listen!

Also like stated love that diversity. Not just in armies but in east vs west(and middle) coast as well. East coast needs to keep the LVO crown so go Sean and brown nick! ;p

Jim
Jim
7 years ago

So looking at the results I’d expect Nick and Nick to be paired up, but the live feed is Nick Rose vs. Aaron Albert. I’ve always been confused by the “paired by strength of schedule” description. Could you please use this pairing to help describe how it works? Thanks, -J

CaptainA
CaptainA
Reply to  Jim

They did random pairing for the finals.

Jim
Jim
Reply to  CaptainA

Aha, that makes sense. Thanks!

Karaghul
Karaghul

Adepta Sororitas Top 20! Baller. 😀

Liam
Liam
7 years ago

Can we get a copy of that 9th place Ork list?

Zombiedon77
Zombiedon77
7 years ago

Would really like to see a breakdown on necron codex used 5th/7th.

Kartr

I keep seeing tyrainds on the spread sheet. But no Tyranids 😛

Kogo
Kogo
7 years ago

Would love to know what list the 9th placed Ork player played!

bigpig
bigpig
Reply to  Kogo

Green tide

bigpig
bigpig
7 years ago

I think the ITC needs to assess what it takes to have an army considered your “primary” faction. Your best Blood Angels player (a great guy I really like, btw) had FOUR blood angels models, two of them drop pods. The rest of the army was Imperial Knights. I’m sorry, but 400 pts of Blood Angels and 1400 points of IK should not be considered a BA army for best of or ITC points.

bigpig
bigpig
Reply to  Reecius

LoW knight /cough ;). Not what I REALLY call BA when you are running 3 other knights lol

I love the above player who I won’t front out and don’t think HE was gaming the system, but it should be looked at. Your primary faction should be wherever you have the most points. Players can take care of this themselves when they report their factions. Sure some could lie or fudge by 100pts, but I don’t I think it would be that commonplace. If you put it in the standards/rules up front, players could just tell you what was primary (most points) without you having to check the list.

bigpig
bigpig
Reply to  Reecius

But don’t you run the same risk by not even checking lists for accuracy for even correct number of points before events? It seems it is more likely that if someone is going to cheat, they will do so by slipping in an extra 50 points of models are a piece or two of kit rather than falsifying their primary faction. If we are going to trust people to bring accurate and legal lists then we should be able to trust them to correctly report their primary faction. If the rules are set up front and clear, 99% of people will follow them. This is a small community, ultimately, and people don’t want to be branded or called out. Just a thought that I believe is worth exploring.

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x