40k Brawl! Farsight Enclaves Vs Tyranids 1850 Caledonian Practice Match Video Batrep

Aye aye aye, What it do guys! Simon here from 40k Brawl! wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!

Today we have another practice match for Cally- this time my Nidzilla list Vs Coopers brand new very fierce Farsight enclave!

Lists are in the video, the mission is the round 2 match-up from the Caledonian rule pack: Primary is Purge the Alien (kill points). Secondary is the Maelstrom Mission – Cleanse and Control, and Tertiary is a combo of First Strike, Warlord and Line-breaker. (The tournament pack can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wwx6tdsgidtkkcg/Caledonian%20Uprising%20RP%20v1.3.pdf?dl=0

Please enjoy and Happy Holidays to all! x

About Simon

Twenty twee, based in the South West of the UK and Do-er of 40kBrawl!
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
18 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
RoockieBoy
7 years ago

Wow man! That was as hard as I expected… Really, 4 Riptides are VERY POWERFUL! If you add crappy rolls on the first turns… Anyway your list looks solid Simon! Keep the reports comin’ boys! Nice job!

MikhailLenin
Reply to  Simon

Did Geoff aka InControl show you his bid list for LVO? I recommend you give a look or ping him for it. It’s by far one of the most optimized 1850 nid list I have seen for Competitive play.

AbusePuppy
AbusePuppy
Reply to  MikhailLenin

It’s definitely a strong list, yeah. The DE release falling flat means one of its primary nemeses is basically a non-issue, and it’s resilient to most of the types of firepower you see these days. I think he was gonna tweak it a bit due to the discovery about Mucolids, though, wasn’t he?

bigpig
bigpig
Reply to  AbusePuppy

That they don’t splode on deepstrikes maybe?

AbusePuppy
AbusePuppy
Reply to  AbusePuppy

That and they don’t explode when shot or otherwise killed, only when they manage to get into an assault. Lotta folks still remember the old Spore Mine rules.

Reecius
Admin
Reply to  MikhailLenin

I play against it regularly, unfortunately, haha.

Simon
Simon
Reply to  MikhailLenin

Most tournements in UK restrict LOW to 495 pts therefore handicapping Nids ability to take a Lord.

Reecius
Admin
7 years ago

Entertaining as always, fellas!

AbusePuppy
AbusePuppy
7 years ago

Couple notes on the battle:

For Simon, a Jinking tyrant can’t use Psychic Scream. It is a Witchfire, and like all shooting attacks that don’t roll to hit it may not be used when the model is forced to snapfire.

As far as Riptides go, they are very nice units to be sure, but I think Simon was really feeling the lack of Markerlights. A Riptide without Markerlight (or other accuracy enhancements) is only moderately dangerous- resilient, but not actually THAT good at shooting. With Markerlights, however, it becomes a threat that can simply clear out a unit of choice pretty much every turn. Markerlights make a world of difference.

Simon
Simon
Reply to  AbusePuppy

Thanks for the feedback dude. I think I’ll have another read of that rulebook everyone keeps banging on about!

AbusePuppy
AbusePuppy
Reply to  Simon

Ha ha, yeah, seems like every time I read through it GW has snuck some new rule in there. 😛

How’s the Dimachaeron worked out for you in battles? Having a T-Cyte to sneak him into play I’m sure helps out a lot, but is it typically enough? Does he survive to get into combat often, and have you found anything in particular he struggles against?

Simon
Simon
Reply to  AbusePuppy

Aye it’s a nightmare! I really should know better. The Dima is much better in a pod but Is still a huge target that gets taken down very quickly if it has nothing else to support it. I’m contimplating double Dimas!

AbusePuppy
AbusePuppy
Reply to  Simon

I think that might be worth a try- one of anything gets shot, but two can often do the job.

Vendra
Vendra
Reply to  AbusePuppy

I believe that the exact rule as written says “All whichfire powers must roll to hit.” but I am not sitting in front of my book. So at least at our shop we have been playing that you have to roll to hit with psychic scream because its a whichfire. So at least in our shop you could snapshot it. But I am always open and interested to hear what others say.

Simon
Simon
Reply to  Vendra

Hello dude, think you might have been playing that one wrong. Psychic scream is a Nova. Novas auto hit everything within their radius and therefore do not roll to hit.

All other witchfires other than beam do roll to hit (unless the specific witch fire states otherwise.)

jadedknight
jadedknight
7 years ago

Nice videos, a note on aesthetics, need more contrast! The white mat with the white walls, and the off white floor is begging for more contrast. It leaves everything looking washed out. (The white army didn’t help but I was feeling it in the previous video too)

MaximumSkosh
MaximumSkosh
7 years ago

I’d surprised to see the barracudas hold up that well, I thought they were too fragile with two hull points and I think, AV10 or 11. I didn’t know about the 2+ jink, that’s pretty nasty. I can’t remember if they are fast attack or heavy, but if they are fast he might squeeze in a skyray for markerlights. Otherwise tetras/remoras would be good or alternately, those sensor tower things. I think to add any kind of marker though he would have to cut something, and I’m not sure I’d drop a riptide just for some markerlights.

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x