New F.A.T. Mat design poll is a GO!

FATmat_FLG-TWDbanner-001_300w (1)

We compiled a list of all of the suggestions from our Facebook Page, and posted up the most popular here to be voted on to see which is the most popular!

How does the contest work? Simple, we asked you all for possible new F.A.T. Mat ideas, and compiled the responses into a list of the top 10 ideas. We now present these to you all to vote on, to see which is the most popular idea for a potential new F.A.T. Mat! The idea that gets the most votes earns the individual who suggested it first on our Facebook Page a free mat of their choice. Sweet!

The poll runs through the end of the month. You can only vote once, and only for your favorite mat. So, hop in their and let us here what you think. If you really don’t like any of the suggestions and want to toss out a new idea, we left the “other” category in there for you. But remember, if you exercise this option, your vote won’t count towards the contest if that matters to you.

We have a winner! In a close race that went back and forth with over 1,300 votes, Bio-Alien them wins! Jason McCurry was the first to suggest this on our Facebook Page!

Votes: 1,326

Winning theme: Bio-Alien

Winner: Jason McCurry!

*TABLEWAR and Frontline Gaming reserve all rights to present and future F.A.T. Mat designs. Any ideas contributed do not imply ownership to potential future F.A.T. Mats.

39 Responses to “New F.A.T. Mat design poll is a GO!”

1. Logan November 25, 2014 12:55 pm #

Whichever is the winner, I say make deployment zones again like you did the Urban Mat.

Reecius November 25, 2014 12:56 pm #

Thanks for the suggestion!

• Jonny Eklund November 26, 2014 6:44 am #

is there a video going through all of those features of that mat? ive checked the pictured and i cant see the vanguard strike ones 🙂

cant wait until mine comes in the mail 😀

• Andrew Webb November 27, 2014 9:40 am #

I’m mainly interested in seeing the diagonal deployment zones marked on the map, since that is the most frustrating to do manually. However the markers need to be both themed (like the road flares) and inconspicuous (unlike the road flares) so you can find them when you look carefully for setup then don’t have them getting in the way during play.

• Jural November 25, 2014 11:13 pm #

Seconded- I can’t mention how awesome that is. on the one hand, simple set up for every mission. on the other- so seamlessly integrated that it doesn’t ruin immersion at all.

The only downside- it’s clearly the best of the Mats 😉 The Flyrant of the FAT MAT HQ’s, so to speak.

2. Adam
    Adam November 25, 2014 1:07 pm #

Can’t you just make all of them?

Reecius November 25, 2014 1:10 pm #

Haha, we can only make so many at a time =)

• Aldaris November 25, 2014 1:30 pm #

Dammit, the bug players are leading! I bet InControl voted 10 times. 🙂

Reecius November 25, 2014 1:37 pm #

Lol, he would! But, you can only vote once so it;s all good =)

• Jural November 25, 2014 11:13 pm #

we all follow the hive mind

3. adam Fasoldt November 25, 2014 2:02 pm #

So stoked. I want my idea to win so bad. Not because I want to win, but because I want one for my game room and my game store!

Reecius November 25, 2014 2:22 pm #

We shall see how the cookie crumbles! muahaha!

4. Vidar November 25, 2014 2:05 pm #

Come on Spaceship Interior! Boarding actions!

Reecius November 25, 2014 2:23 pm #

It would be great for zones that are mortally dangerous and/or hulking derelict ships in space =P

• TinBane November 25, 2014 3:07 pm #

Space Bulks?
        Zone Deaths?

Man, and here was me, thinking it was going to be a ship interior like a 1920s cruise liner: Zone Moralitas. Where your forces have to make sure they have great manners, and plenty of interesting small talk!

Reecius November 26, 2014 8:08 am #

Lol!

• Jural November 26, 2014 11:13 pm #

That awkward moment when you try to combine your love of the movie Titanic with a FAT mat.

5. Kwodd November 25, 2014 6:55 pm #

Bio Alien should be the interior of a bio alien ship.

6. Nihiletex November 26, 2014 2:55 am #

Would love a daemon themed mat and a cheaper way to get them in europe. Shipping cost is more than for the mat itself last time I checked.

Reecius November 26, 2014 8:07 am #

Well your wish came true! We’re distributing in Europe now, cheeping is for more reasonable.

7. rexscarlet November 26, 2014 4:18 am #

I did not know if the Mat can be cut-up, but if it can, then fill the entire Mat with different shaped road sections that can be cut out (city paved, two lane) like a slot car track, so players can lay out assorted shaped roads.

Reecius November 26, 2014 9:57 am #

It can, but if it isn’t done extremely well, it can damage the mats quite easily. But, that is a cool idea for sure.

8. Noah November 26, 2014 8:29 am #

It’s interesting because when I heard you say for people to come up with their own designs the first thought that came to mind was a lava theme. After having read all the options so far I was excited at the Spaceship Interior design. Nothing forges a harder narrative than boarding actions so that’s where my vote went.

9. Noah November 26, 2014 8:38 am #

Another idea that just came to mind is army specific mats. Ork Outpost, Eldar Craftworld Necron Tombworld, Tyranid Hive World etc…

Reecius November 26, 2014 9:58 am #

Yeah, totally, the faction specific ideas were really popular, too, but out of the roughly 100 different design suggestions we got, the 10 above were the most prevalent.

• TinBane November 26, 2014 4:32 pm #

I’m sure you mean “hooligan scrapheap”, “space artists”, “egyptian robots”, and “deep space insects” themes… right?

10. droozy November 26, 2014 9:46 am #

Come on downtown Martinez… It would be a great mat and you know it.

11. Luis November 26, 2014 10:30 am #

I’m not sure if this is what was meant by fantasy town but a 4’x4′ Mordheim/Malifaux mat with cobble stone streets, derelict or destroyed empty lots where you can set your buildings on (a la urban mat) and maybe a small river/creek running through it. I’d buy that!

12. Chris cromer November 26, 2014 11:55 am #

I like the spaceship interior idea but I feel like you would end up with a lot of wasted space of you use things like corridors and rooms. After all it wouldn’t makes sense for you to have people phasing through walls. Instead, you should take the material you use for the mats and create smaller pieces for a set that canbe combined in limitless configurations. It could consist of corridors, different kinds of rooms, docking bays, arboretums and anything else you could think up. You could then add set them up as you desired without having too waste material on the space between walls. It would be very versatile

13. Freeman November 26, 2014 1:06 pm #

Are we talking 6×4 again?

14. Gandell Longval November 26, 2014 6:02 pm #

This is a great idea, and the more of these mats you produce the more mats I will collect!

15. Todd November 27, 2014 6:02 pm #

So, there doesn’t seem to be anything stopping me from voting over and over again? Are we supposed to be on the honors system, because it seems like whomever has the patience to sit there and click the most times is going to get their choice made into a mat. 🙁

Reecius November 28, 2014 7:19 am #

You’re only allowed to vote once, it should stop you from submitting your second vote. I have been unable to vote twice, the system has functioned correctly for me.

16. Joshhodg November 28, 2014 2:08 pm #

I just voted 3 times to test. Sorry. Maybe because I’m on mobile it lets me?

17. CaptKurt November 28, 2014 5:29 pm #

They are all good!

18. Mykl November 29, 2014 7:02 am #

I found (on an iPad anyway) that if you vote then reload, and vote again, it counts it too. Please disregard one vote for the lava!

Reecius November 29, 2014 10:05 am #

Thanks for the honesty! It must just be on mobile devices.

19. Viper666 December 1, 2014 12:20 am #

You guys should work on 4×4 mats that could be easily combined to make a continuous 8×4 table for larger games of 40k.