Warhammer 40K Video Bat Rep #264 Orks vs Tyranids

orks.01

Tastey Taste busts out his Green Tide Orks vs. iNcontroL’s tournament Tyranid list. Check out the Tactics Corner for more great bat reps!

26 Responses to “Warhammer 40K Video Bat Rep #264 Orks vs Tyranids”

1. Slaede November 21, 2014 5:22 pm

Needs more Mawlocs!

2. Jake November 21, 2014 6:06 pm

Great vid. I wanna see more ork video battle reports! I Personally don’t feel the green tide is a threating list at all. I have played with it many times and find it not so great. I have never tried it with a weird boy tho…Not having objective secured hurts and IMO its to slow to get across the board. Idk if in tournament play if you’d have enough time to do anything. Still best of luck at feast of blades!!!

Reecius November 21, 2014 7:54 pm

Nick did really well with it at FoB, actually. I think Green Tide is solid. The other good one is Bully Boyz.

My Orks will be back, soon! Just have to bribe Pascal to paint some more of them for me, haha!

• adam Fasoldt November 21, 2014 8:47 pm

I have used the Green Tide on multiple occasions and done very well with it. in the hands of a really good player, I can imagine it could be incredible. The keys are positioning the Painboy properly, making it fearless, taking about 30 ‘Ard Boyz, and also making sure to have a Warboss or Big Mek with the Finkin Kap in the primary for Infiltrate.

A weirdboy for Hammerhand is nice, but not possible if you’re running limited Detachments.

• Jake November 22, 2014 11:56 am

The bully Boyz are awesome IMO they are the saving grace of the Orks. I throw them in trucks and launch tem where needed to great effect.

Reecius November 22, 2014 12:43 pm

Yeah, they’re really good. Only downside are things that swing first and double them out.

• Jake November 22, 2014 7:03 pm

Yea 🙁 I also miss the classic cybork body with the inval save.

3. jy2
    Jy2 November 21, 2014 10:24 pm

The key to winning for the green tide is to not have to go up against Tau.

• adam Fasoldt November 22, 2014 6:48 am

With infiltrate, you actually have a very good chance. You just have to make sure you set up your multi-assaults properly.

4. W November 22, 2014 3:02 am

The post-mortem stomps can be the Hierodule falling on the Orks? Makes sense if you look at it like that

• iNcontroL November 22, 2014 11:24 am

Well it happens and that same time as I 1 so it could just be them killing him AS he stomps which is consistent with logic and game play 🙂

5. Noah D November 22, 2014 7:32 am

I’m curious as to how a Biker Boss mixed into a Boyz unit works in regards to running/Waagh!/Assault? I know Bikes can’t run and when a unit runs the entire unit counts as running. Waagh! lets you assault after running. Could someone clear this up as I have no idea where to begin on this one?

• iNcontroL November 22, 2014 11:23 am

The tide runs and he just remains within coherency. He still can move 12′ but has to remain coherent with the squad. Allows him to stretch his charge distance a bit as well due to leading with the 12′ mover.

• Jural November 22, 2014 4:06 pm

Also- if you put a model who can jink in the front of other models, the whole unit gets his jink while he stays alive…

It’s a good reason to jink when your squad gets shot at the turn before they assault. I believe you can’t jink against over-watch?

So you have your boss in the middle of the boys, the squad gets shot and he jinks. Next turn he motors to the front of the pack and leads the assault… and should be able to tank/jink the overwatch.

Also works with Tyranid and Tyrant guard… but I’ve mostly used it with CSM.

• DCannon4Life November 25, 2014 8:27 am

While you CAN jink vs. Overwatch (overwatch is a normal shooting attack with only a couple of caveats, none of which denies the ability to jink), having a model with the Jink special rule in a unit does not give the unit a jink save. It simply says that if a model with the Jink special rule chooses to jink, then all models with the jink special rule (key being that it’s only other models with the jink special rule) also jink. If the boss is going to tank using jink, he has to be in front.

6. Kwodd November 22, 2014 1:38 pm

Any plans to throw some of the new units into the swarm Geoff?

• iNcontroL November 22, 2014 7:20 pm

Outside of mucloids.. No. Toxicrene and mal are just bad and the neurothrope is a huge disappointment. Pods are cool but I won’t be using one at this time

• Jural November 22, 2014 10:41 pm

I think we should always reserve a new definition of bad for the Malanthrope.

Spores are really fun though, but not in your list.

• bigpig November 23, 2014 10:04 am

Failceptor or Lolceptor are my fave 🙂

• Simon November 23, 2014 11:34 am

Pods are so good mate. You’ll be crazy not to throw atleast two into your lists.

7. TableTopJosh November 23, 2014 7:34 am

This is a noob question but how is Incontrol fielding 3 tyrants? Is this a self allying list or a formation detachment? There are so many Nid formations its hard to keep up with all of them. Thanks.

• Kwodd November 23, 2014 8:35 am

Self Ally or the new leviathan detachment.

8. TableTopJosh November 23, 2014 8:39 am

I was interested because from what ive read the new leviathan detachment doesnt come with ObSec.

• iNcontroL November 23, 2014 8:57 pm

this predates the release of the leviathan book

9. Xsquidz November 23, 2014 8:48 pm

Remove from play mechanics are pretty lame. In a recent game with my nids I was in CC with an imperial knight and he rolled a stomp and hit a full dakkafex that was not in the fight, rolled a 6 and took it out and on the next turn he got another 6 and removed another full dakkafex with a second stomp that was also not in the combat heh. GT’s, but I still won the game.

10. DCannon4Life November 25, 2014 8:29 am

I am not aware that The Relic can be contested. While I understand that it is an objective, it is a special objective with special rules. Can someone please explain that to me?