- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube! Join our Forums, too! If you would like to be a guest on the show, email Reece at Contact@FrontlineGaming.org
- We sell tabletop games and supplies at 20% off! Hit us up for your next gaming order at Orders@FrontlineGaming.org or visit our webstore at FrontlineGaming.org.
- Only 8 40k championships tickets left for the LVO as of this recording! Do not wait to grab yours if you want to go! The hotel block is full, you will need to book your own rooms at this point.
- F.A.T. Mat sneak peaks all over the place, what’s goin on here, my friends? Pretty sure you should be keeping an eye on the Frontline Gaming website Monday, November 10th for more info and possibly some pre-orders!
- Antenocities workshop releases some cool high tech containers.
- Paizo posted the first chapter of their new Pathfinder Tales novel featuring the Paladin, Kyril.
- Wrath of Kings shows off some more painted pics of their minis and they are pretty dang impressive.
- Absolutely stunning Crimson Fists diorama!
- GW releases their new free iPhone app that lets you buy their stuff easier.
- Privateer Press is planning on releasing 35pt starter armies with rule book for Warmachine and Hordes in plastic at a really solid price point. $135 for $225 worth of product, wow.
Upcoming ITC Events
- Harvester and South Florida Open this weekend, good luck to everyone!
- Renegade Open and Guardian Games Light, the weekend of the 20th.
- Just got the Sal tLake City Gladiator Games results, will upload those promptly!
Rumors: The Rumor Section is gathered from the web and is not in any way information we receive from any manufacturer nor is it necessarily accurate. This section of the podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only.
- Doom making a comeback…..or is it just plastic kit that makes Venome and Zoenthropes? Who knows?! The rumored new Neurothrope has a WC1 witchfire that sounds like it works like the old Doom, but only hits a single target. However, it also adds dice to the wrap pool for warp blast if it does wounds. Seems to be an upgrade character for Zoeys in units of 3 or more, or perhaps that is a Formation.
- Shield of Baal is the first release for the campaign. There will be more. It comes in two hardback books and in a slipcase.
book 1 comes with all the details on the invasion- background
includes the invasion of the Cryptus System, called the shieldworlds of Baal.
the astra militarum, blood angels and even the sisters of battle are mentioned here.
book 2 is rules including, Echoes of War scenarios (6), a cities of death expansion with 6 new missions, death from the skies rules for aerial combat.
Forces of Leviathan: a new detachment for Tyranids with warlord traits, datasheets for new units, and new formations.
- Vect coming back as a LoW for DE around December? Nice one!
Combined Arms Detachment – Primary Detachment
Chapter Tactics: Iron Hands
Chapter Master – artificer armor, power fist, shield eternal, bike
Bike Squad (5) – melta x2, combi-melta, melta bombs
Scout Squad (5) – bolters, land speeder storm w/heavy flamer
Tactical Squad (10) – rhino, melta
Tactical Squad (10) – rhino, plasma
Fire Raptor – auto cannon turrets
Fellblade – twin-linked fellblade accelerator cannon, hull-mounted demolished cannon, hull-mounted heavy bolter, sponson-mounted quad lascannons, armored ceramite
I’m not sure if tournaments would allow the “Legacies of Glory”, but if so I would consider dropping a TFC for the “Battle of Keylek” legacy for the Fellblade because it grants all the blast weapons the Ignores Cover special rule.
The Fellblade should be able to take on other LOWs with its S9 AP2 armourbane blast, or Infantry thanks to the alternate 7″ S8 AP3 blast. The idea is for the Chapter Master’s bike squad to combat vehicles (if the Fellblade needs to focus on infantry), and the TFCs to combat excess infantry (if the Fellblade needs to focus on heavy armor).
The Fire Raptor should be able to handle AA detail, and even take on multiple flyers at once if strafing-by thanks to the turrets (I figured the autocannons would be better for this than the heavy bolters).
Troops with Objective Secured seem alright, since there’s 25 bodies, but counting combat squads and dedicated transports, that’s 8 units total.
Iron Hands CTs just make the Fellblade, Fire Raptor, and Chapter Master nasty thanks to IWND.
What do you guys think? I’m a bit worried about flying Tyranids, but I think it looks pretty well rounded and competitive. Feedback welcomed thanks in advance!