Warzone Video Bat Rep #1 Cybertronic vs Dark Legion

warzone_resurrection___cover_art_by_perun_tworek-d7cm6iw

Big Jim brings out his Cybertronic against Pascal’s Dark Legion in a Warzone video bat rep. Let us know about the format too, please. The game uses an alternate unit activations system and we wanted to show that dynamic game action!

11 Responses to “Warzone Video Bat Rep #1 Cybertronic vs Dark Legion”

1. Avatar
    Big Jim October 2, 2014 10:50 am #

This totally turned out Awesome looking!

Reecius October 2, 2014 10:55 am #

Yeah, not bad, huh? Still room for improvement, but it is looking cool so far.

Big Jim October 2, 2014 11:47 am #

Obviously room for improvement we can always improve. We will also solidify the format for the WZR vids as we do more.

2. Avatar
    Tangentical October 2, 2014 11:13 am #

Nice but waaaay too close to the action. Really hard to tactically see what’s going on when the camera is that close up to the minis and at times the rapid speed is a bit nauseating.

A few time you say what you’re going to do but say nothing about what happened.

Looks like a fun game but my two cents would be to keep the camera further back or at least some of the time show the whole board. Secondly follow through with what happens.

Reecius October 2, 2014 2:33 pm #

Good observations and we will take them to heart.

Cameron October 4, 2014 1:50 pm #

Agreed. The close-ups were cool, but I need to see what’s going on in the big picture.

3. Avatar
    gorkamorker October 2, 2014 1:01 pm #

Maybe a overall pass of the table at the end of each turn so you can see the overall battlefield.

Reecius October 2, 2014 2:34 pm #

I was thinking that, too. Maybe an overhead shot to show tactical movement mixed in with close shots for cinematic effect.

4. Avatar
    gorkamorker October 2, 2014 2:41 pm #

Other than that Brian did a good job, It was kind of exciting to watch.

Reecius October 2, 2014 4:37 pm #

Yeah, right?! It felt more like a cinematic experience. I liked it. I think a blend of this and some utility overhead shots will be just right.

5. Avatar
    Moridan October 3, 2014 3:32 am #

I loved the close up action, it really showed off the beautifully painted models. It was good to finally see Pascal who painted my daemons for me. 9-)

There was a little too much time spent in transitioning between turns though. I also, for some reason, like watching die rolls. It helps me better understand how the game works and provides emphasis for some of the crazy things that happen (i.e. you just rolled 5 1’s on a d20, and the reaction of such luck).