Video Battle Report

Video Battle Report

I get in a practice game vs. a Brass Scorpion for an upcoming tournament that allows (some) Lords of War.

11 Responses to “Eldar v Chaos Daemons with Brass Scorpion and CSM Allies 40K Battle Report; 2000 points, BAO6”

1. Black Blow Fly August 21, 2014 4:22 pm

Awesome batrep ! I love the Chaos army… Great theme.

2. DCannon4Life August 21, 2014 9:21 pm

Yeah, his stuff is fantastic–a really joy to play against. It’s always great to play against really well-painted armies.

3. Charles Tracy August 21, 2014 9:27 pm

Eldar won. You get 1 victory point per 3 hp vs a lord of war. It’s dead you get 2 more points if it only has 8 hp, 3 if 9.

• DCannon4Life August 21, 2014 9:44 pm

Yeah…not in the ‘league’ that’s hosting the tournament. Getting a VP for every 3 HP off a LoW is an Escalation rule that has (so far, I’m lobbying hard for it) been ignored since it’s not a BRB rule. It’s a bit odd; you get a ‘free’ Warlord Trait (that you can’t reroll) AND you get a +1 to seize the initiative, but you don’t get bonus VPs for stripping HPs off of a LoW. /shrug

I’m certain that if we had been playing with that (very sensible) rule, my opponent would not have chanced the assault and just shot the rest of my army to pieces.

4. Julio Rodriguez August 22, 2014 1:34 am

Flyers are not scoring when in zooming mode. His Heldrake should not have gotten linebreaker. I think he should have stayed on an obj.

• DCannon4Life August 22, 2014 4:59 am

He definitely should have stayed on the objective (he would have won on the Secondary/Tertiary in that case). As for the flyer, I agree it is not SCORING when zooming, but is it still a ‘scoring unit’ (unit capable of scoring)? In this crazy 7th edition world where ‘everything scores’ I’d be happy to have a clarification about whether or not a zooming flyer can get Linebreaker.

• Logan August 22, 2014 5:46 am

Under the rules for Scoring Units. It states a “Any unit can be a scoring unit, unless.” It then lists 3 bullets when a unit doesn’t count as a scoring unit. 1st bullet specifically mentions FMC in swooping, Flyers in zooming and units embarked in a zooming Flyer. The helldrake lost access to be a scoring unit the instant it went into zooming mode.

• DCannon4Life August 22, 2014 12:38 pm

Ah, well, there it is then.

5. MacAttack August 23, 2014 7:45 am

Where did you get that Scorpion. Looks like the one I built and sold on ebay several years ago. When I sold it it was only spray painted red.

• DCannon4Life August 23, 2014 6:08 pm

This is two defiler kits kitbashed together. I’m certain is was built by the owner, he’s an excellent converter/painter.

6. charles August 24, 2014 10:27 am

Oh sorry didnt reallize you didnt use the 3 hp rule.. I should not have assumed your fight was using itc riles. still a good fight do some more if you find the time.

chas