Warhammer 40K Video Bat Rep Space Wolves vs Tyranids

space.wolf.01

Matt busts out his Space Wolves against Reecius’ Nids! Check out the Tactics Corner for more great videos!

16 Responses to “Warhammer 40K Video Bat Rep Space Wolves vs Tyranids”

1. Freeman August 1, 2014 10:29 am

Hi Reece, sad to say you can’t have Dakkafex in the bio blast brood. They’ve all got to take a monstrous bio cannon. Massive shame or that formation would be gold.

Reecius August 1, 2014 11:04 am

Yeah, Winterman has it. Check Pg.93 of the Nid book, the Devourers are monstrous Bio-Cannons. So gold it is! =)

• Freeman August 1, 2014 12:36 pm

I’d missed that. Gonna be doing that then!

Reecius August 1, 2014 2:17 pm

Yeah, it rocks!

2. winterman August 1, 2014 10:47 am

Brainleach devourers are monstrous bio cannons.

3. Tommy August 1, 2014 11:24 am

Yo Reece! Where’s them Orks at? As in moar Orks, less other stuff 😉

Reecius August 1, 2014 2:06 pm

I know, I need to play some more Orks, but have been on a Nid kick, lately. I will get some more Orks out there, though!

• Simon August 2, 2014 12:13 pm

Keep that nid kick going man!!

4. iNcontroL August 1, 2014 11:42 am

mehhhhhhh

Reecius August 1, 2014 2:17 pm

Mehhh what?! lol!

• Gricke August 2, 2014 12:48 pm

I think he’s talking about Orks being “meh,” as he is a dedicated Nid player. 😉

I myself have no complaints about additional Nid batreps (also dedicated Nid player).

5. winterman August 1, 2014 2:40 pm

So are you liking this setup over your living artillery list? I am not too enthused about exocrines (lazy and broke) or biovores (dumbest looking models and my conversions are — eh I am lazy)

So I started thinking about using bio-blast when I realized I didn’t have to buy anything new to run it. Not been real sure though, living artillery bonus rules are better. Sure seemed like the bomb diggity in this batrep but then again SW are severely limited at the moment.

• Gricke August 2, 2014 12:55 pm

I think I’d rather run two Mawlocs over the Exocrine. They are such a good distraction unit when they don’t mishap! Thus, allowing your slower beasts to move into position better. Not only that, but as iNcontrol said once, it makes your opponent think about his model placement with that incoming blast in mind. Biovores do this as well, but to a lesser extent.

Haven’t tried the Bioblast formation, but if it allows you to run 2 or more Mawlocs in addition to three Carnifexes (AND a T-fex?), I’m all for it.

6. MrCk August 3, 2014 12:29 am

Why is there an aegis not touching around the bottom of the skyshield?

7. Deuce11 August 4, 2014 6:57 am

Can we all agree that charges should be 6″ + optional D6″ whereby a roll of a “1” automatically fails (dats too far, boss!).

Maybe the optional D6 should hinge on a leadership check….

Besides the obvious change of going back to a system where the 6″ in charge is automatic, generally speaking, the optional D6″ adds that small element of risk, forging a pretty mean narrative, and serves to benefit assault armies by allowing them to enter combat more quickly.

My buddy and I play this as a house rule and love it. No more failing a 4 inch charge on snake eyes! Test it out for yourself!

Reecius August 4, 2014 9:33 am

Sounds like a fun house rule. Failing short charges is brutal.