Mini WarGaming using the F.A.T. Mats! Space Marines vs. Tyranids

Mini Wargaming is loving the F.A.T. Mats! Check out this bat rep with Matt on the Grassy Plains F.A.T. Mat!

15 Responses to “Mini WarGaming using the F.A.T. Mats! Space Marines vs. Tyranids”

1. Greggles July 22, 2014 3:18 pm

Fantastic! Great to see cross pollination across multiple groups! Love those Fat mats. That reminds me, gotta order some more for nova pickup!

Reecius July 22, 2014 3:30 pm

Sounds good and thanks for the encouraging words, much appreciated. =)

• Chaos Player July 22, 2015 2:11 pm

Is the mat 6×5 or 4×4

Reecius July 22, 2015 2:34 pm

We currently offer 4×6′, 4×4′ and 3×3′ sizes in F.A.T. Mats!

2. Eldarain July 22, 2014 4:22 pm

Nice to see your fantastic Mats slowly taking over the tabletop interwebs. Will anyone in Canada be distributing your Mats?

I really can’t watch those Beat Matt videos anymore. I find the format far too bloated. Also there always seems to be some rules errors in his favour.

Reecius July 22, 2014 5:28 pm

Thanks! And we are trying to get Canadian distribution set up, most definitely.

• Wufai July 22, 2014 7:16 pm

Do please let us know! The only thing keeping me from the mats is the shipping costs! I was so happy to hear about your referrel programs to stores until the part you mentioned only for US, you touched on EU and Aus but seem to completly missed out on Canada.

• Gricke July 24, 2014 1:42 pm

Lol. Agreed on the rules errors on Matt’s part. Last batrep of his I watched he forgot some rule that didn’t make the transition from the 5th ed Nids codex to the 6th ed Nids codex.

That is a big part of the reason why I don’t watch his batreps anymore. Of course, how credible am I if I can’t recall the exact batrep and exact rules discrepancy that I am citing?

To each their own.

• Gricke July 24, 2014 1:50 pm

Also not a fan of how he moves his models. No tape measure? I know we all know what 6″ looks like (that’s what she said), but I don’t think that you should be using the models in the front of the unit as measurement for the models in the rear of the unit to make up ground that he lost staggering his models for target saturation purposes.

Is it just me?

• CNitram July 24, 2014 1:53 pm

He measures off camera; he usually mentions that.

• CNitram July 24, 2014 1:55 pm

But yeah, he definitely does some accordion-style moving with those units in the back.

3. Archibald July 22, 2014 9:25 pm

The Tervigon is I2 and should have gone before the power fist Assault Marine.

4. N.I.B. July 23, 2014 4:55 am

Dat mat. Dat terrain. I want it.

5. Smellofwetdog July 23, 2014 9:00 am

Thanks for coming from Australia, here use my army, it happens to consists of the worst entries in the codex that have no chance of killing my space marine army full of flamers. Should be a legit game.

Great looking board though, their terrain complimented the FAT mat nicely.

6. Beaconfire July 23, 2014 4:58 pm

Scouts are WS and BS 3. I wish they were 4, but they are not. So those scouts, while under performing, would hit on 4s not 3s.