signals from the Frontline

Show Notes

• Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube!  Join our Forums, too! If you would like to be a guest on the show, email Reece at
  • We sell tabletop games and supplies at 20% off! Hit us up for your next gaming order at or visit our webstore at

• Joe Drache found his missing army, awesome! Someone spotted it at a yardsale.
  • We will be closed for the 4th of July!
  • BAO News: we are a Cyrstal Brush qualifier again! All kinds of cool stuff for the hobbyists this year.
  • Inquisition and Sisters got a digital update to bring them more in line with 7th ed.
  • DzC is showing sneak peeks of the Resistance models coming in the new supplement! Also, they have a new short story in their newsletter which you can read here.

DzC Resistance sneak peek

resistance sneak peek 2 resistance sneap peek 3

• Heavy Gear shows off a 3D render of the new Northern Gear Strider, and they brought some Jovian Chronciles minis back into production, which is cool.

north gearstrider

jovian chronicles

• Kabuki releases a Hydra Knight, that looks pretty awesome!

• Gamecraft releases some awesome modern buildings you will recognize.

• Dreamforge releases some new assault infantry, the Valkir.

valkir assault group

• Infinity releases an image of their new Sourcebook cover, Operation Icestorm.

operation icestorm

• Toughest Girls in the Galaxy shows off a new model, this time a Mortar unit on tracks, which is pretty cool.

tgitg mortar

Rumors: The Rumor Section is gathered from the web and is not in any way information we receive from  any manufacturer nor is it necessarily accurate. This section of the podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only.

• The Steel Host Formation

1 Tank Commander

3 Leman Russ Squadrons

1 Hydra

Elite Tank Crews: The tank commander and all vehicles in the formation within 12″ have preferred enemy.

Rant Session

•  The only complaints about the BAO format so far have been 99% about Super Heavies that are NOT being allowed in, lol!

Tactics Corner

•  Had a close reading of the Ork formations and color me impressed.

Rules Lawyer

•  Template and Blasts weapons for the BAO, we are going to set it to hitting a single level.

List Review

Ok here is the list.

20 guardians with 2x bright lances

20 guardians with 2x bright lances

10 warp spiders

10 warp spiders

Wraith knight

Wraith knight

Dark eldar allies

14 hellions 1 helliarch with stunclaw

20 Responses to “Signals from the Frontline: Warhamer 40K and General Gaming News, Rumors, Tactics and Comedy!”

1. bigpig July 5, 2014 1:31 am #

Rules Lawyer: Whats the call on barrage on multi-level? Are they only able to select the top level (to be covered by the hole) as in the previous edition, or can they go down to any level?

• iNcontroL July 5, 2014 9:43 am #

Reece is the authority here but I am 99% sure the ruling is you pick a level but it could be any level.

• jy2
      jy2 July 5, 2014 9:44 am #

You select 1 level that you want to hit. It doesn’t have to be the top level.

• bigpig July 6, 2014 6:01 am #

Except barrage is coming from above, which is why in 6th it hit the top level. If they are ruling limits to levels for blast/template similar to 6th then wondering if that means barrage follows the same logic.

2. nimrod451 July 5, 2014 2:04 am #

I heard on the Adepticon interview that the BAO is going to be at the flamingo this year? When is information about the LVO going to start leaking onto the site? I’m curious if there’s going to be a group rate and stuff like last year?

..or am I being dumb and just not seeing it?

thanks sirs..

3. Tom July 5, 2014 3:17 am #

Really good episode, good discussions and banter. I think the show’s the best when you guys start talking about stuff, on topic or not, and get away a bit from just listing news and having a short comment on it. I don’t mind the show being a bit longer. And Geoff’s great, have him on whenever you can!

• Weidekuh July 6, 2014 10:57 pm #

Couldn’t agree more.

4. Novastar July 5, 2014 8:47 am #

Great show, those buildings need something…. Yep skulls and grimdark

5. Novastar July 5, 2014 8:49 am #

Oh and if you want some good tom hardy movies check out lock stock and two smokin barrels and rockinrolla

Reecius July 5, 2014 5:45 pm #

Both excellent movies!

• Marius Xerxes July 5, 2014 8:10 pm #

Bronson is another good one of his.

• The Voice July 6, 2014 4:03 pm #

er. tom hardy was not in lock stock…..

• Novastar July 7, 2014 9:54 am #

Oops your right, it was layer cake, I watch to many British mob movies lol

6. Hotsauceman1 July 5, 2014 9:57 am #

I do not want an MLP space Marines
    I want A Chaos deamon MLP army

• Eldarain July 5, 2014 2:16 pm #

Much better… 🙂

7. ligolski July 5, 2014 2:32 pm #

Did you guys notice that apocalyptic blasts act like sudo barrage? I was reading through the USRs and such and I’m not sure if I just never noticed this last edition but the Apocolyptic Mega-blast has cover determined from the center of the blast…this negates a lot of the cover options that you guys field from what I see in your bat-reps.

Just something to consider.

Also the hellions have ObSec since they are troops in this case thanks to the Baron.

8. dustin July 6, 2014 3:03 am #

silly guys, remember i wrote and said if you use my list to use the second list because i was more attached to it lol.

9. Panzer1944 July 6, 2014 4:39 pm #

Glad to see someone got there army back after it being stolen. My army is still in the wind but on the plus side my home owner insurance covered it so as of right now my desk and several tables are covered in boxes and boxes or guardsmen. As soon as I’m done putting them together I’m bringing them right back up to you guys to paint them a second time.

10. SethBroNasty July 7, 2014 9:48 am #

Haha Geoff was on the money, the guy sold the army for 20 bucks. Happy that one of our players got his army back!

Reecius July 7, 2014 11:23 am #

That’s funny that he guessed right. But, glad Joe got it back, that is awesome.