Warhammer 40K Video Bat Rep Eldar vs Dark Angels & Astra Militarum

reece.1

Reecius and Raw Dogger bust out a Serpent Spam Eldar list we recently finished painting for a client  to  try out the Objective Secured rules vs. an Astra Militarum and Dark Angels army. As always, check out the Tactics Corner for more great bat reps!

18 Responses to “Warhammer 40K Video Bat Rep Eldar vs Dark Angels & Astra Militarum”

1. AbusePuppy June 6, 2014 6:04 pm

To answer the question early on, there are no prohibitions about ANY unit type moving or deploying into the upper levels of a structure now. In theory you can stick a Baneblade on the top level of a building if you really want to. I think it’s definitely one of the situations where you’ll want to draw some common-sense limitations, however, as well as saying that anything that can’t physically fit someplace just can’t land there.

Reecius June 6, 2014 6:57 pm

Yeah, I couldn’t find anything to stop it! Haha, so dumb.

• Joshhodg June 6, 2014 8:25 pm

Yea unfortunately they took out all the rules about levels in ruins. So I’m gonna keep playing them like 6th. Because no rules at all doesn’t make any sense to me.

Reecius June 8, 2014 10:46 am

Yeah, that is odd. I can’t wait to see a walker going up little wooden staircase, lols!

2. Julien June 6, 2014 6:18 pm

Couple of things: Deathwing Terminators do not combat-squad, the most he could have done is split the unit into 2x 5-man squads during the list-building process.

While Terminators are way overcosted for what they can achieve, Deathwing Terminators actually got a nice buff with 7th edition with the removal of 50% on board requirements, gain of Objective Secured USR and Objective Secured Land Raiders as dedicated transport (add the Venerable upgrade for a very tough scoring unit).

That said, those termies kinda deployed completely unsupported in the middle of essentially the whole enemy army… Womp-womp-womp… Might have been better to have them arrive on turn 2 instead and sandwich the Eldar force between the gunline and the termies.

It was crazy to see that many wave serpents blow up on turn 1! I thought it would be in the bag by that point but they still had crazy mobility.

Thanks for the great video bat-rep as always!

Reecius June 6, 2014 6:58 pm

Good catch on the combat squad, thanks.

And yeah, hahaha, I was like, holy crap, this game isn’t going well! But I recovered after that first brutal punch.

3. CNitram June 6, 2014 8:18 pm

I feel like Terminator Armor should give +1 Toughness like a Bike does, if not +1 Strength as well. Fluff-wise, TDA is way more durable and almost impervious to small arms fire, but the table-top stats hardly reflect it. Hell, Cultists can wipe them out with enough weight of fire. I’d definitely be more inclined to use my Deathwing with that Str & T boost (w/o any point increase of course).

• Umbo June 7, 2014 12:41 am

yeah i totally agree on the +1t and +1s, like the centurions. It would make them worth their points

4. Leth June 6, 2014 8:54 pm

“Starting that marriage off right” Love it lol. had me laughing.

Good report dude. Does the BAO do progressive scoring at all? I have found that I really like it and it opens up lots of builds

Reecius June 8, 2014 10:47 am

We have not in the past but we may introduce some of those missions this year.

5. elphilo June 7, 2014 4:43 am

What were Raw Dogger’s DA troop? I only ask because Azreal/Sam/Belial only make things troop if they’re the primary detachment. Another way my beloved DA are screwed 🙁

Reecius June 8, 2014 10:48 am

He double cheated!!!!

Yeah, that was a pretty casual game, I didn’t check his list till after we were done. Oh well.

6. Slaede June 7, 2014 8:58 am

With objective secured Wave Serpents being as ridiculously OP as they are, do you suppose it might be reasonable stop talking about nerfing the psychic phase, which may be a Chaos player’s only chance to deal with it.

7. Oadius June 7, 2014 9:54 am

Cool bat rep with some of the best terrain I’ve seen.

Sincere congratulations on your wedding Jason.

7th can be a lot of fun….

Reecius June 7, 2014 10:05 am

Thanks, Mike! Yeah, 7th is pretty awesome, it’s just a bit of a struggle figuring out what everyone wants to do in a tournament setting as there are so many options now.

8. Julio Rodriguez June 8, 2014 1:57 am

Should we expect these type of missions at The Bay Area Open next month?

Reecius June 8, 2014 10:47 am

Yeah, we’re going to stick with our missions.

9. Niks June 8, 2014 6:38 am