What do you want to see tested first with 7th ed 40K?

keep-calm-and-tell-me-what-you-want-what-you-really-really-want

We’re going to be up reading the new rules on Friday night, and testing it all out, posting videos, a bat rep, etc. We want to hear what you all want us to test out, post on, analyze, etc. first? Let your voice be heard!

We’re only limited by what models and armies we have available to us.

We want to knock out that night:

• A Podcast review of the new book
  • Video review of the new book
  • Video Bat Rep with the new rules
  • Written first impression review

What are you top picks for reviews on those in those areas?

82 Responses to “What do you want to see tested first with 7th ed 40K?”

1. David May 22, 2014 12:36 am #

I would like to see a re-fight of a previous battle report, same mission, terrain, etc. And have you compare and contrast the editions.

I’m on the fence here and don’t know if I’m going to skip 7th or not.

• Lardus May 23, 2014 4:31 am #

This is a good idea. Hopefully a recent one can be done like this. Though I also like the idea of some GK battle reports with the new rules as I am a GK player

2. Bassface7 May 22, 2014 12:43 am #

I’d quite like to see some cheese-tastic 6th armies have at it with the new mission system. Seer council vs Fluffy marine list maybe, just to see if the new missions help nuke the deathstars (Good chance to test the all new psychic phase too)

• CptHygelac May 22, 2014 6:54 am #

Seconded! I’m really curious how this edition will effect those “untouchable” units.

• scousematt May 22, 2014 9:32 am #

Thirded, would like to see TAC marines vs a deathstar.

• CptHygelac May 22, 2014 9:39 am #

Maybe MSU tac marines???

• Km May 22, 2014 11:41 am

Yeah, deathstar v.s TAC list would be a great idea

3. klr May 22, 2014 1:32 am #

Grey knights versus demons(or seercouncil)

To see all the psycic powers rolls

4. Tom May 22, 2014 1:34 am #

Make it a podcast or a video review where you discuss the changes and their impact on the game, just a good discussion between experienced and good players. Battle reports don’t really show what’s going on unless you show every dice roll and stuff, miniwargaming style.

5. Ignis May 22, 2014 1:41 am #

Daemons summoning daemonetts, summoning daemons…… Vs. Grey Knights
    Cheesy and fluffy

6. Joshhodg May 22, 2014 1:48 am #

I would like to see if the new psychic rules really hurt Tyranids. Zoanthropes especially since they are brotherhood of Psykers but use a Warp Charge 2 power.

7. Weidekuh May 22, 2014 2:02 am #

Demons vs Grey Knights or Seer Council

Psychic heavy.

8. Japatoes May 22, 2014 2:33 am #

Podcast review

• scousematt May 23, 2014 1:51 am #

Yup, big long episode just flipping through the book with your observations.

9. ansacs May 22, 2014 2:33 am #

I would like to put in astra militarum with some primaris psyker, inquisition, and vehicles versus nids FMC or Chaos with a daemon. That way we can see the new rules for FMC, vehicles, psykers, and daemonology all used. It would also be fun to forge a narative and use malefic powers on your primaris psyker so he can blow himself and possibly his unit up when he 8 dices a power that perils on any double…boom.

10. Massive Dynamic May 22, 2014 2:33 am #

I would like to see how an unbound list works against a battle forged list. Will troops being uncontestable (is that a word?) make enough of a difference for battle forged list to be viable against unbound.

I would also like to see how the new psychic phase works and its effects on some of 6th powerbuilds.

11. Leth May 22, 2014 2:46 am #

I would like to see a sort of conversation style sit down between 3-4 players after you have all read through the book and just talk about ideas and get the creative juices flowing.

12. Moridan May 22, 2014 3:19 am #

Anything with lots of psychics to better help explain the new phase, as well as any new mechanics that you find in the book that people might miss or misunderstand.

13. DCannon4Life May 22, 2014 3:35 am #

Any combination of different power lists from 6th:

Seer Council (w/ Baron & Wave Serpents), White Scars + Coteaz (etc.), Screamerstar, Tau (Ovesastar? Triptide?)

• klr May 22, 2014 3:44 am #

Well the ovesastar is illegal in 7.ed

• NostromanNeckTie May 22, 2014 3:45 am #

hah, beat me to it.

• DCannon4Life May 22, 2014 8:21 am #

Hence the question mark. But thank you for clarifying. 🙂

• IndigoJack May 22, 2014 5:00 pm #

I’d like to see seer council and screamerstar as well. actually, I’d like to see two games with each, one with good psychic defense, and one without. I’d also like to see belakor + hounds as that seems like it could be an insane combo.

14. Fxeni May 22, 2014 3:37 am #

I’d like to see how FMCs do in this edition – either Daemons or Nids flying circus (skyblight, etc).

15. NostromanNeckTie May 22, 2014 3:44 am #

O’Vessastar is dead unfortunately.

16. The Voice May 22, 2014 3:52 am #

Id like to see a tzeentch flying circus list vs something a bit more balanced. Honestly with the chances in psychics and the new phase plus the new demonic powers combined with the new swooping/grounding rules, that demon army is something i cant yet call on weather it will be op or manageable.

17. NostromanNeckTie May 22, 2014 3:59 am #

Well, you can’t go into glide and charge in the same turn anymore, but honestly the only demon FMC that ever charged anything was Be’lakor anyways or a Precogged LoC with the Gandalf stick.

Their shooting was also toned down as you’re going to be using all your warp charges for blessings there really wont be enough to go crazy with the witchfires.

18. Bjørn O May 22, 2014 4:01 am #

21 Heralds in 2k points rolling for summoning powers!

19. Commyjosh May 22, 2014 4:01 am #

Orks. that is all.

• Commyjosh May 22, 2014 4:02 am #

vs Imperial Guard.

Newest vs oldest.

20. YoungGun23 May 22, 2014 4:09 am #

What makes the O’vesastar illegal?

• NostromanNeckTie May 22, 2014 4:14 am #

Ic’s can no longer join monstrous creatures now. No matter what the circumstance is.

• IndigoJack May 22, 2014 5:07 pm #

true, but could an IC monsterous creature join an IC?

• The Voice May 22, 2014 4:20 am #

Mc’s cannot be joined by Ic ‘snow (apparently)

• bridges60 May 22, 2014 4:40 am #

saw proof, they can no longer join mcs. The only mc that i saw that can join a unit is the Tyranid hive tyrants with tyrant guard

21. cavalier May 22, 2014 4:12 am #

I’d like to see a Bat-Rep akin to those that you guys did when Reece was trying to prove the Wraithknight kicked ass (can’t believe you actually had to do that…) You guys had a lot of in between turn discussion and the list overview which was really insightful in how you wanted to use your army, and what you were trying to maximize in terms of army strengths. I found those videos really instructional but also good insightful fun.

22. Cojax May 22, 2014 5:38 am #

Seer council vs Demons.

I would really like to see what you guys think is a great list with these new rules in mind. I want to see the old dominating lists of 6th suddenly start shattering. Might not happen though 🙁

Thanks for the great content as ever guys!

23. RyanL May 22, 2014 5:50 am #

Video, definitely, no matter what.

Could you start the report by confirming which of the rumoured rules changes are actually in?

Various rumours say that D weapons have changed, so I would like to see a superheavy (Revenant ideally) bat-rep.

Failing that, start with a “normal” game – a couple of balanced armies (not unbound), with a psyker each, using the new tactical objectives. See if you can have a normal fun game before pressure testing everything!

If everyone churns out “the sky is falling”/broken bat-reps to prove how terrible the new edition is then it’ll just be a self-fulfilling prediction.

• Tom May 22, 2014 6:32 am #

I wouldn’t want to watch them just go over a list of rumors and say what’s true and not, I mean the rulebook will be out one day later and we will all be able to see for ourselves, the video would immediately be dated and pointless. I say keep the discussion focused around the changes effect on gameplay. Not that one necessarily excludes the other, but you get the idea.

24. Eldarain May 22, 2014 5:50 am #

Imperium Deathstars which weren’t possible before. And a Tzeentch Daemonology farm.

25. Clover362 May 22, 2014 6:03 am #

I’d like to see you guys start play testing all of the 5th edition stars (with the exception of O’vesa) to see how they still operate in a world of the new physic phase and invisibility.

26. Stlaind May 22, 2014 6:15 am #

I’d like to see a list from a codex without abundant skyfire (Frankie’s DE?) vs Tyranids with skyblight or a Daemons flying circus with summoning.

27. Lawrence May 22, 2014 6:17 am #

1. Tau/Tau

2. Beaststar going for Invis/Fortune

3. Seerstar

4. Serpent/WK spam list

5. Paladinstar + Draigo with AM Priests and Sanctuary buff

If not that, anything not “unbound”.

28. Zeos May 22, 2014 6:38 am #

An umbound list designed to table and a battle forged list built to score unconstestedly facing off. Armies don’t matter.

Also add segments to bat reps were each player discusses their hand of cards in secret from the other opponent.

29. jy2
    jy2 May 22, 2014 6:44 am #

FMC-spam + demonstration of the new psychic phase w/psychic heavy armies.

30. Brian May 22, 2014 7:04 am #

Personally some sort of marine spam versus a death star is my choice. Hopefully the buff of objective secured will be enough to make those troop heavy lists viable.

31. mercutioh May 22, 2014 7:13 am #

gk heavy sanctific vs tzeentch heavy malefic.

falling short of that skyblight vs am parking lot

32. Mike Zoghby May 22, 2014 7:17 am #

Battle Report – Grey Knights or Eldar (psychic heavy w/ Force or other strange things mixed in) vs Tau [someone relatively unaffected by the new rules (no psychic)]

33. Eldarain May 22, 2014 7:27 am #

So the way it’s been described to me Battle Forged lists are almost Unbound lite.

You aren’t limited in how many FoCs of your main army you take and can have multiple Allied FoCs.

Can anyone with the book confirm?

34. hambilton May 22, 2014 7:27 am #

Space Wolves + Grey Knights Vs Eldar

Also it would be nice to see a few battle reports for Black Templar

• Km May 22, 2014 11:45 am #

Yeah, templars are so much better than they are given credit for (and always have been, especially with the last codex), so some airtime for them would be good

35. Hotsauceman1 May 22, 2014 7:40 am #

I want to see Reeces Eldar summoning Slaneesh deamons to fight tau

36. MVBrandt May 22, 2014 7:40 am #

Jetstar w/ Objective Secured Serpents
    vs.
    Anything else

Target fortune and invis with your WC and spell rolls.

Enjoy the lolz.

37. Rusty Shackleford May 22, 2014 8:11 am #

lelith hesperax + witches/bloodbrides with hammerhand cast on them

38. T2-Keks May 22, 2014 8:29 am #

I’d also like to see a maximum use of deamon summoning 🙂

39. Slaede May 22, 2014 8:42 am #

ENDLESS SWARM COMING OUT OF A TRYGON HOLE ALLIED WITH DAEMONS SUMMONING HORRORS OUT THE WAZOO!!!

40. Loopy May 22, 2014 8:44 am #

I want to see if daemon summoning can actually do the things people are imagining it will. Also mpare and contrast Eldar with and without Unbound, mafe as bad as possible for both lists.

41. Thomas May 22, 2014 8:49 am #

Chaos marines based on chaos marines with champs tooled for combat versus genestealer heavy tyranids.

• hambilton May 22, 2014 10:44 am #

I would love to see if genestealers are viable now. I love the fluff around them.

“Seventeen *days?* Hey man, I don’t wanna rain on your parade, but we’re not gonna last seventeen *hours!* Those things are gonna come in here just like they did before. And they’re gonna come in here…and they’re gonna come in here AND THEY’RE GONNA GET US! “

42. Novastar May 22, 2014 10:01 am #

Two cut throat slam your opponent into a wood chipper tournament 6th list and how they translate over to 7th and hopefully how GW toned it down

43. Lord Krungharr May 22, 2014 10:27 am #

Inquisitor Coteaz and 97 unit of 2 acolytes and a psyker each with all Malefic powers vs. Astra Militarum with 90 Ratlings and 5 Deathstrikes. GOLD!

• hambilton May 22, 2014 10:42 am #

Find me a person who bought 90 ratlings and I will LoL. 🙂

44. Reecius
    Reecius May 22, 2014 10:57 am #

Thanks for the feedback, guys! We will do our best to show what everyone wants.

45. Maureth May 22, 2014 11:17 am #

I’m in agreement with nearly everyone else and would like to see a standard powerful 6th edition list up against a take all comers balanced list. Preferably with psykers.

46. Drowgamer May 22, 2014 11:20 am #

Perhaps play with some type of ‘nid list. Pick your flavor, they all are delish! (FMC,Psyker Heavy, Nidzilla, swarm)

47. z3n1st May 22, 2014 12:14 pm #

Reecius, if GTA can’t swing by for a council battle let me know and we can make the council happen (not this weekend though I am at Kublacon)

48. Crispy May 22, 2014 1:45 pm #

Hi Guys,

Would love to see the junktacrons vs frankie’s chaos? That way we get to see how overwatch works most likely, some of the new psychic powers and any changes made for combat.

plus your junktacrons are friken awesome!

Reecius May 22, 2014 2:09 pm #

Thanks, glad you like the Ol’ Junkticrons!

49. gorkamorker May 22, 2014 2:15 pm #

Farmer Daemons summoning massive waves of daemons. 4+ heralds of tzeentch and pink horrors.

50. XinZ May 22, 2014 8:39 pm #

A double header that’s two battle reports with the same armies, same terrain, as close as possible to the same powers and warlord traits just different editions. That way we can really compare snd contrast the editions.

51. Oadius May 22, 2014 9:03 pm #

daemons summoning daemons sounds delicious…

52. scousematt May 23, 2014 1:53 am #

I know it could be a lot of time and effort but you guys should consider doing a live stream Q&A/7th ed review. Maybe on twitch or youtube or something.

53. Bod May 23, 2014 2:10 am #

Would love to see Grey Knights, but it might be hard until there is a new FAQ out for them.

54. Blackmoor May 23, 2014 2:19 am #

I would like to see an army with a crazy amount of psychic levels vs. an army also with heavy psykers, and then against an army without any psykers.

Something like:
    Tzeentch army (Fateweaver+Ahriman+others) vs. Eldar (Eldrad+Farseer+Seer council)

Then take one of those vs. DE, Orks, Tau etc.

• Clover362 May 23, 2014 6:02 am #

This, I am really curious to see how the psychic defense works particularly in denying the blessings. So to play test that I’d like to see, psychic heavy vs psychic heavy , psychic heavy vs no psychic, and psychic heavy vs normal Psychic (like space marines with 1 librarian ML 1 or 2)

55. MarkDawg May 23, 2014 2:46 am #

I would like someone to play beast pack vs an MSU max scoring unit army in say drop pods like DA or SW.

56. mrmattywoodz May 23, 2014 8:08 am #

I wanna see a game using the new Daemonology abilities. Maybe grey knights vs Daemons? Also i wanna see how not being able to charge on the turn you land affects FMC spam, if at all. So yeah, Daemons.

57. Fayelynn May 23, 2014 10:25 am #

I’m a newbie Daemon player, and I would really love to see Daemons meddling with Daemonology!

Also, some test results might just help me decide what to get to bolster my forces! So yeah, since it’s been a while a Daemon Batrep came out, I would galdly ask for Daemons to be tested using 7th Ed rules please 😀

58. defl0 May 23, 2014 3:00 pm #

Do something that really shows the changes, like a tactical mission with eldar / dark eldar with infiltrating guardians with karandaras, fire dragons in venoms, banshees in raiders and warriors in waveserpents.

Daemons can be kinda crazy now too. Summoning gets pretty crazy pretty quick. Not to mention things like nurlgings are really good in tactical missions now. Those buggers score and infiltrate now. great for early game point denial and the biomancy table is off the chart now. GUO’s with biomancy now that smash is nerfed? better bring your force weapons…

• Arclight May 24, 2014 2:20 am #

I thought Swarms (e.g. Nurglings) still didn’t score? Has that changed?

59. Luke May 23, 2014 11:49 pm #

Junktacrons plus 4(2 FOCs) or more Cattacomb Command Barges Vs Frankie and his Chaos