Warhammer 40K Video Battle Report #222 Knights & Marines vs Tyranids

InControl tries his new tournament Nid list out against Tastey Taste’s Dual Knight+Ultra Marine list! Check out the Tactics Corner for more video bat reps.

Nid List:

Flyrant

Flyrant

Tervigon

30 Gants

Venome

Venome

Crone

Crone

Crone

Exocrine

Exocrine

T-Fex

31 Responses to “Warhammer 40K Video Battle Report #222 Knights & Marines vs Tyranids”

1. Adam
    Adam April 1, 2014 10:14 pm #

Show the lists damn you!

I’m still not convinced by the dual knight lists, though maybe that’s just mister TastyFace. Though until I get my 3rd knight built, what do I know. 🙂

Reecius April 2, 2014 8:14 am #

They don’t always give me there lists, bud! haha

• Adam
        Adam April 2, 2014 8:44 am #

Haha, damn it!

I’m glad to see those nids doing well, I’m still sitting here tailoring my knights the best I can, though I gotta get some more toys built before I can really test it. I think that Knights primary is the only way that running more than one is going to work, otherwise you’re just way too low on scoring… Next up, I’m thinking Knights + marine allies + Stormwing should bring plenty of AA in 1750, though it basically means the marines are a librarian (call them Mantis Warriors for divination) + 5 tac marines… If you’re using the 2-sources rule and calling a Stormwing a different source than Space Marines, then it’s gotta get tweaked a bit more.

Hopefully the new IG codex will also fill that gap though, bringing some hydras, vendettas and those lovely FW flyers.

Reecius April 2, 2014 10:46 am #

I put the list up!

• Adam
            Adam April 2, 2014 12:36 pm

Thanks Broseph!!

2. Gricke April 2, 2014 2:14 am #

Maybe if the Knights were backed up by decent anti-air units, the Crones wouldn’t be as threatening. Just one Quad Gun is enough to make me think twice about the placement of my Crones. But then again, I am a very conservative Hive Mind. While I love to mindlessly throw my stuff at my opponents’–just like any other Nid player–there is a time and place for it.

As good as Crones are (all around, not just AA), I will likely wind up taking three as well. I have two now, and I love them. Their utility is unparalleled. What is a shame, though, is the lack of room (points, FA slots) for Gargoyles, which are my absolute favorite infantry model for Tyranids. 🙁

• Gricke April 2, 2014 2:20 am #

Also, if Tasty Tastes’ infantry were closer to his Knights, then they would be able to provide covering fire for the Knights, potentially grounding the FMCs and thus setting the Knights up for shots.

Very possibly this list could have survived without AA, as I suggested, if better deployed/reserved.

OR switch out the Storm Talons for dedicated AA behind and ADL with Quad Gun (not overkill?).

3. N.I.B. April 2, 2014 5:43 am #

Few troops? GO FOR THE TABLING BOO!

4. Baal Viper April 2, 2014 7:06 am #

Turn 1, 6 Tentaclid missiles take off 3 Hull points? What. You should only get 3 hit with BS 3, not to mention the ++ save, and the off chance of a 1 to psudo pen. You are looking at. 1.5 HP on average dice. He doubled that…

Shinanigans.

Reecius April 2, 2014 8:16 am #

Geoff’s Tentaclids are notoriously accurate!

• TinBane April 2, 2014 2:09 pm #

Errrr, while it may not be the most likely outcome, after it’s happened the probability is 1 🙂

5. Lex April 2, 2014 8:26 am #

I thought the Knight was engaged with the Exocrine. How did VS and shooting hit it?

6. iNcontroL April 2, 2014 8:27 am #

List:

HQ: 2x Flyrant /w dual devourer brain leech 430
    Troop: Tervigon + 30 term 315
    Elite: 2x venomthrope 90
    FA: 3x Crone 465
    Heavy: 2x Exocrine 340 + Tyrannofex 175

I later found out this adds up to 1815 while double checking for adepticon lol.. so I added adrenaline and acid blood to the tyrannofex.

• Adam
      Adam April 2, 2014 8:47 am #

Thanks dude!

But you should probably spend those points on your Hive Tyrants… they’re 230 each with dual devourers, not 215 😛

• iNcontroL April 2, 2014 10:00 am #

I thought that but in the book it’s 165 base + 35 for wings and dual brain leech is 15 points.. where does the extra 15 come from?

• iNcontroL April 2, 2014 10:01 am #

I guess having 2 of them huh lol my bad

• iNcontroL April 2, 2014 10:01 am

that is what I get for late night list working lol

• Adam
            Adam April 2, 2014 12:37 pm

why build one when you can have two at twice the price?

• TheWarRoom April 2, 2014 9:53 am #

Yeah, it’s actually 1845.

Of course, there is not much we can do with 5 points.

• Adam
        Adam April 2, 2014 12:31 pm #

A devourer!

• Agrius April 2, 2014 12:53 pm #

AG on the Tyrannofex is what I would recommend spending the 5 points on

• Adam
          Adam April 2, 2014 3:47 pm #

Those are 15 points!

For 5 points he could give the Tervigon Cluster Spines or add a single devourer to the unit of gaunts… The Cluster Spines are probably better at the end of the day.

7. TheWarRoom April 2, 2014 10:12 am #

Here’s a question iNcontroL.

If dataslates were permitted, would you make the following change?

OUT:
    Exocrine
    Venomthrope

IN:
    Warrior + BS
    3 Biovores

8. iNcontroL April 2, 2014 10:52 am #

with data slates I’d take sky blight but living artillery ain’t bad either.

9. novaStar April 2, 2014 3:46 pm #

The Nid list looks fierce, hope you place good at adepticon, i want to see if my marines can take it on, hit me up for a game when you guys get back

• novaStar April 2, 2014 3:46 pm #

*place well

10. masos April 6, 2014 1:47 am #

Why did you not use the skyblight formation? ? It’s a better build IMO. Never ending Objective snatching gargoyles are amazing.

Will formations like sky blight be allowed at the BAO?

Reecius April 6, 2014 8:53 am #

They were’t using Fromations in this Bat Rep.

• masos April 6, 2014 1:37 pm #

But will they be allowed at BAO? Gotta decided soon to buy the other flyrant an one more crone?

Reecius April 6, 2014 1:51 pm #

We decided to let all Formations in, but they count as your allied detachment.

11. masos April 6, 2014 1:49 am #

It looks like you handled the knight titans really well. Go bugs.