Ogre Kingdoms vs High Elves

First game of the Battle of the Beasts tournament. Kieran Dunleavy vs David. Check out the sweet mat they’re playing on!

9 Responses to “Ogre Kingdoms vs High Elves”

1. Adam
    Adam March 18, 2014 12:08 pm #

Oh snap, can you tell me where he got that sexy game mat?

Pretty critical mistake on the ogre player’s behalf, after fleeing from the spear elves, his unit would actually flee again when charged by the Frost Phoenix, which would have probably put him out of charge range. He would have fled through his bulls, possibly making them panic, but they would have at least been alive.

2. Dave the Mac Guy March 18, 2014 3:53 pm #

Actually it was way more of a complete fluke than anything. Kieran didn’t flee from any charge until I declared with the Frost Phoenix. Since I had just slain his BSB he was trying to get further back to avoid combat res wiping him out at Ld7.

I needed, and made, a 22″ change to hit them with the Phoenix! We both just stared there in a minute of disbelief!

TL:dr
    I got waaay lucky and made a ton of mistakes.

• Adam
      Adam March 18, 2014 3:55 pm #

Huh, if he fled from the phoenix, then he should have fled directly away from the phoenix instead of the spearmen, heh.

• Adam
        Adam March 18, 2014 3:57 pm #

Which would have definitely put them out of range, since you were at max charge range anyhow… oh well!

• Dave the Mac Guy March 18, 2014 5:39 pm #

I was wrong I just asked. It was the Seaguard he fled from. He held against the white lions, fled from the Seaguard, and the Phoenix makes the long bomb last.

• Adam
            Adam March 18, 2014 8:31 pm

Yeah so it looks like he forgot to make the second flee move from the Phoenix.

3. RyanL March 18, 2014 3:58 pm #

I like the format of this battle report, though obviously pretty labour intensive to go back and commentate the match and difficult without extensive notes of the spells and other things that happen.

Could be cool to have the normal FLG reports with a fast forward of the turns in between the commentary, if you can rig up a camera in the store?

Reecius March 18, 2014 4:59 pm #

Yeah, werwe’ree working on this type of rig, actually. it’s on our to do list.

4. Xaereth March 22, 2014 2:04 pm #

Pretty awesome! I always used to read Malorian’s stuff back in 7th edition when I played more Fantasy. Didn’t realize he had such a prolific YouTube channel. I will definitely watch some more, especially as 40k continues to frustrate me with its affinity for Deathstars (despite my own BeastStar, haha!)