Guest Dropzone Commander Video Battle Report by Cameron

dropzone commander image

Hey everyone, Caermon sent us this great video bat rep showcasing a game of Dropzone Commander! We’re excited to get more into this game here at FLG, too. Let him know what you think about it in the comments! Check out the Tactics Corner for more great videos!

4-player Land Grab Skirmish scenario, 999 points.

Our goal for this battle was to test out some experimental units, in this case the Tarantula, the Dreamsnare, the Mercury, the Reaver, and the Totem Warspire.

7 Responses to “Guest Dropzone Commander Video Battle Report by Cameron”

1. Crisp Mini March 11, 2014 6:40 am #

Have played a handful of games and my next purchases will be for expanding my DzC army.
    I’ll bring my Shaltari up next time I’m head to FLG. See if Frankie wants to start his Sioux Tribe of Shaltari

Reecius March 11, 2014 9:38 am #

Lol, watch out for those dastardly Sigh-Ox! Hahaha

But yeah, bring your stuff by, I want to try a game against someone that knows what the heck they’re doing.

• Hotsauceman1 March 12, 2014 12:30 pm #

I keep wanting too, but games are hard to find

• Cameron March 13, 2014 8:37 pm #

Yeah, I can’t tell you how many people have come by while we’re playing Dropzone Commander and made some comment to the effect of:

“Cool, you guys are actually playing! I didn’t know anyone played that here, I’ve been wanting to get into that game but I didn’t think they were any players!”

I’m hoping that this will mean more and more people will get into the game once player communities reach a critical mass.

2. anonymou5 March 12, 2014 12:47 am #

I think I was actually in Gigas while you were filming this looking for alternative cultist models.

Great shop. If it had a bar it would be perfect

3. Egge March 12, 2014 8:10 am #

Finally some dzc action here! It has been eagerly awaited. Hope you start with it on a regarly base. d

• Egge March 12, 2014 12:05 pm #

Ok I really need to stop writing comments on the phone…

DZC is one of the most strategic games I have ever seen. Basically the summary of the game is:

+The battlegroup system is really good and gives much tactical options.
      +The creators manage points in the game to make it more balanced.
      +To succeed you need a balanced list.
      +Cheapest game to get a really cool battlefield in.
      +Cool scenarios that after a while you think are heavy on the luck side but later you’ll figure out they are really balanced.

-Fast movers are a bit off, as it stands now.
      -It can get a bit messy and mistakes are very easy regarding which unit has been activated and which hasn’t.
      -Sometimes it get confusing which dropship is to which dropship.
      -I hate measuring from the center of the model. Especially in this scale.