signals from the Frontline

Show Notes

12-13-13

News

• Oh, and if we get Nids anytime in the near future possibly, they will be in the LVO!
  • Plug Southern State of 40K

Rumors: The Rumor Section is gathered from the web and is not in any way information we receive from  any manufacturer nor is it necessarily accurate. This section of the podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only.

Rant Session

Tactics Corner

Rules Lawyer

List Review

Troops:

8 CSM – Icon of Vengeance, Rhino, Havoc Launcher –

8 CSM – Icon of Vengeance, Rhino, Havoc Launcher –

7 CSM – Icon of Vengeance, Rhino, Havoc Launcher –

Fast Attack:

9 Bikes – 2 Melta, Mark of Slaanesh, Icon of Excess, Champion w/ Lightning Claw and Plasma Pistol –

Heldrake – Baleflamer –

Heavy Support:

2 Obliterators – Mark of Nurgle –

2 Obliterators – Mark of Nurgle – 1

2 Obliterators – Mark of Nurgle –

HQ:

Chaos Lord on Bike (Warlord) – Mark of Slaanesh, Bike, Black Mace, Sigil of Corruption, Melta Bombs, Gift of Mutation –

Sorcerer on Bike – Mastery Level 3, Sigil of Corruption, Spell Familiar, Burning Brand of Skalathrax, Bike –

Total Points: 1849

23 Responses to “Signals from the Frontline: Warhammer 40K and General Gaming News, Rumors, Tactics and Fun!”

1. Bjørn O December 17, 2013 7:42 am #

Unholy shit Frankie, soldier the fuck on mate! 😀

Can you guys do a Batrep with the IG superheavy that can transport 40 guys from separate squads or whatever and fill it with Lascannon heavy weapons squads and maybe normal IG with Lascannons as well so you have about 21 Lascannons in it? I stole this idea from 11th Company since I don’t even own that steaming pile of book that is Escalation. 🙂

Reecius December 17, 2013 7:48 am #

The Stormlord? Yeah, sure, I have one! That would be good fun!

Oh, and yeah, Frankie is a stud! haha, I don’t know how he does it, sometimes.

• Bjørn O December 17, 2013 8:45 am #

No idea what it’s called but it can fire 15 str 6 ap3 shot 2 times if it stand still. Sounds kinda cool 😀

• Bjørn O December 17, 2013 8:46 am #

No idea what it’s called but it can fire 15 str 6 ap3 shot 2 times if it stands still. Sounds kinda cool 😀

• Bjørn O December 17, 2013 8:47 am #

Whoa, what the fuck happened there? Oh well.

2. Bjørn O December 17, 2013 8:45 am #

3. Dr.insanotron December 17, 2013 9:03 am #

Minor detail but the mark of slaanesh is always good when you make a sweeping advance roll or defense

Reecius December 17, 2013 10:47 am #

Ah yes, that is a very good point, I didn’t consider that. Thanks!

4. Mark December 17, 2013 9:47 am #

Frankie pronounced “Skalathrax” correctly! Did he start on hookt awn foniks?

• Mark December 17, 2013 9:51 am #

Reece, Frankie,

To get last memory of Yuranthos, you have to swap out all the base book artifacts, can’t take them anymore. (no black mace)

Also, Black Legion requires that everyone pay for Veterans of the Long War.

Reecius December 17, 2013 11:35 am #

You could take him as an allied Sorcerer, but yes, no other artifacts. So one of those CSM squads could drop the Icon for the VotLW.

• Adam
          Adam December 17, 2013 1:40 pm #

Yep, Sorcerer, a unit of cultists and a helldrake, you’re only pay 5 points in VOTLW tax and you get stuff you’ll want anyhow!

Reecius December 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Precisely, sir!

Reecius December 17, 2013 11:34 am #

Hahaha, must have!

5. Hotsauceman1 December 17, 2013 9:53 am #

You guys should talk about the new pics Hawk Wargames keeps putting up on facebook

6. Adam
    Adam December 17, 2013 11:02 am #

I’ve actually had solid luck with normal chaos marines. For 13 points they do most of what a loyalist tactical marine does… sits on an objective. I know they get swept in combat, but I can honestly say that has only hurt me in one game ever… more often than not, it has actually helped me to get swept. Why? Having 2-3 marines protecting an enemy unit in combat is usually worse than lying down and dying so that I can pump plasma into them.

Nothing is more agonizing than having a single marine decide that his faith in the emperor will cost you a round of shooting at a close combat monster.

Now with that said, the units in this list are awful. I’d never take more than 2 units of chaos marines, and when I do, it’s always at 10 men with 2 specials. As Reece mentioned, the icons just get sniped, even with precision shots and barrage, not to mention rhino sniping, etc. The plasma pistol on the bikes is a waste and I think that if you made your sorcerer a black legion sorcerer with the last memory, and tossed in a couple units of cultists, you’d be on the right track.

Reecius December 17, 2013 11:36 am #

Running away, getting run down, is suck a liability. Maybe if you ran them dirt cheap but I have had no luck with them outside of with a character to babysit them.

• Adam
        Adam December 17, 2013 1:19 pm #

Yeah, the other trick is to not be reliant on them, haha! Honestly though, I’ve had a single game where being rundown caused me a serious problem (it was the only game and same combat where I lost combat by 1 from losing a challenge) and quite a few more where I was able to blast something to pieces because of it… Usually I do have 5-6 scoring units though (2 units of marines, 3-4 units of cultists), so when the marines do go down, there’s a unit of Cultists to scoop up the objective if needed.

Maybe I’m lucky though, who knows? I do absolutely keep them as cheap as possible though (10 marines, 2 plasma, rhino with havoc).

Reecius December 17, 2013 3:20 pm #

If they work for you, then awesome! Mine suck ass.

7. Pascal Roggen December 17, 2013 12:59 pm #

hehe, I might be bringing Lucius pods:P

Reecius December 17, 2013 1:15 pm #

I hope you do! They are still very useful, but not remotely as good as they were previously.

8. Tangentical December 19, 2013 1:55 pm #

Seriously, Severin Loth choosing Gate with a Centurion unit with Ovesa the other bodyguard with the toolkit and Farsight is gross, super gross. Especially if you add a psychotrope grenades and an inquisitor.

Super shooting unit, hardcore to kill and can’t assaul it due to psychobroke.

Reecius December 19, 2013 6:32 pm #