Warhammer 40K Video Bat Rep, Tyranids vs Chaos Mega Mat Battle!

frankie

Be warned, InControl and Frankie us a lot of adult humor in this one, but it is pretty dang funny! Another battle showcasing our Mega Mats! In this one, Tyranids vs. Chaos! Check out the Tactics Corner for more video bat reps and articles!

25 Responses to “Warhammer 40K Video Bat Rep, Tyranids vs Chaos Mega Mat Battle!”

1. Aidobmac December 1, 2013 6:37 pm #

Honestly when I first saw mauler fiends in CSM, I thought they were great for how cheap they were along with the fact that they can move a foot a turn. Great report though!

Reecius December 2, 2013 12:45 am #

They honestly aren’t bad at all. We have found though, that you need to take a lot of them to get them to work.

2. Hippesthippo December 1, 2013 7:15 pm #

Gotta say, your batreps keep getting longer and I keep getting sadder. What made them so great was the amount of useful info you used to fit into a tiny package. Now it’s the same amount of info in a box that’s way too big. Like overpaying for a giant usps flatrate box.

Nonetheless, I still appreciate any report with well painted minis on an amazing table. 😉 Cheers.

Reecius December 2, 2013 12:44 am #

Hey, our last video was like, 13 minutes! Haha, and we had a bunch of people mad that it was too short!

Can’t please em all =)

This one was really long though, but a lot of that was Frankie and Geoff talking nonsense at one another. We will likely have to alternate between long and short form videos as we here both sides of it.

• Jason Brown December 2, 2013 5:17 am #

I would watch an hour of Frankie and InControl talking shit and giving each other quad anal.

Reecius December 2, 2013 8:37 am #

Hahaha, as inappropriate as some of the humor was, it was pretty dang funny.

• manning5875 December 2, 2013 6:12 am #

i thought it was decent timing.i wouldnt mind seeing some dice rolling….

Reecius December 2, 2013 8:36 am #

We’ve had that request before but it is hard to get that in the game without slowing it down too much. We will try and work something in as that is fun when you capture some good/bad rolls on film.

• anonymou5 December 2, 2013 2:23 pm

I think what I like about the FLG batreps is that you don’t show dice rolling. I don’t see the point in showing the rolls, I can see the effects on the game with a summary.

There’s a big batrep site that shows thirty plus minutes of dice rolling and it’s horrible. The market has been covered

Reecius December 2, 2013 5:24 pm

Yeah, I don’t understand the appeal so much. I mean, the excitement of that big moment is awesome when you roll 10 6’s or something, but the other 99% of the dice rolls are mundane, IMO.

• Jason Brown December 2, 2013 9:18 pm

I am down with seeing critical rolls, like when the Warlord has that last wound and needs to make the save to win the game, only he dosent and Frankie crys. I want to see that.

Reecius December 3, 2013 8:25 am

Yeah, maybe critical rolls would be fun. Just don’t want to overdo it, you know?

• Orthon December 4, 2013 4:37 pm #

This was the most hilarious batrep i have seen in awhile. Get over yourself.

3. Crispy December 1, 2013 7:49 pm #

IS IT true that those mats are silky soft?

Reecius December 2, 2013 12:43 am #

Haha, Silky AND supple!

4. SCP Yeeman December 1, 2013 7:58 pm #

Your Best Men! Frankie, they seem to always fail you my friend!

5. Fred December 2, 2013 9:02 am #

Now Franky, do a battle report with Be’lakor in your list and let’s see how he impacts the game…I am not a competitive player but he looks quite mean to me…

Reecius December 2, 2013 9:21 am #

He looks crazy! We will certainly do that ASAP.

• anonymou5 December 2, 2013 2:24 pm #

If I actually get a game in in the next couple of weeks (looking unlikely, sadface) I will include him and batrep it.

I’m already 99% sure he’s in my competitive circus list, guranteed Invis/PM/Hallucinate is game changing.

Reecius December 2, 2013 5:24 pm #

I totally agree. He is so powerful.

6. Hotsauceman1 December 2, 2013 12:04 pm #

Keep these Bat Reps coming. I need more infor on their lists for when I fight them

Reecius December 2, 2013 5:23 pm #

haha, doing a little recon, eh? Smart move!

7. Cameron December 2, 2013 3:58 pm #

Another vote for short bat reps

Reecius December 2, 2013 5:25 pm #

Thanks for the input. There is definitely a market for both, but long form is (at least in our polls) a lot more popular. We will have to do both to meet both tastes.

8. bugsculptor December 2, 2013 11:00 pm #

Hey… in a challenge no other models in a squad are treated as being in base to base contact with the two characters fighting the challenge. So… the maulerfiends wouldn’t have affected that final duel at all…

Adam B has played several mauler based lists against me because he’s fed up with the Swarm Lord killing Abaddon in combat. The best things nids can bring to tackle them is some zoanthropes… warp lances have a great shot of one-shotting them with AP 1 explosions, which helps given how irritating they are at regenerating hull points.