signals from the Frontline

LVO closing in.

Black Friday Sale!

Spell Crow

Goblin_with_a_frog_0502.jpg.thumb_85x100

Privateer Press night troll

NightTroll_WEB

Drop zone commander box set!

Rumors: The Rumor Section is gathered from the web and is not in any way information we receive

from any manufacturer nor is it necessarily accurate. This section of the podcast is intended for

entertainment purposes only.

Tzeentch, Khorne and Nurgle Supplements?

Games Workshop has appointed Elaine O’Donnell as a non-executive director with immediate effect

Tactics/ List

Warriors 5

Night scythe 1

Heavy Support

A.Barge 1

A.Barge 1

A.Barge 1

15 Responses to “Signals from the Frontline: Warhammer 40K and General Gaming News, Rumors, Tactics and Jokes!”

1. Alan November 30, 2013 2:18 pm #

Megamat is KILLIN’ it! Great job guys! Happy to see it’s going strong! I’m interested in seeing the alpine design and might pledge if I get some holiday gaming funds (being in my last year at school means ramen every night/less fun monies). Congrats fellas!

Reecius November 30, 2013 4:36 pm #

Thanks, dude! We appreciate it!

2. Jrandom November 30, 2013 5:57 pm #

A cure for OP special characters (Warma-Hordes style) is to have players bring multiple lists to a tournament, where they cannot duplicate the special characters amongst the lists. Then players need to decide which battle they want to have Coteaz in.

It would also let players build one list that is specifically there just to kill Taudar or a Screamstar.

• White925 November 30, 2013 6:10 pm #

Yeah we have been throwing the idea around for having side boards.

• Jrandom November 30, 2013 6:13 pm #

Multi-list with special character restrictions would also stop Fateweaver being in every battle.

• Azgrim November 30, 2013 8:11 pm #

The problem with that is some Special characters are required to play certain lists.If you play any of the Dark angels “wings”you would only be able to run the army you want for max two games before you have to take normal Hqs that don’t allow you do field the army you want to play.
          There is a huge problem with the power of certain “super” named characters and the “normal” characters.If you compare the power of fateweaver or the baron to Mad Dok or Belial the utility and versatility of the buffs the “super” characters give compared to the one dimensionalism of the normals aren’t worth the one time use.

• Jrandom November 30, 2013 8:38 pm

Then people would need to bring multiple builds. And if you aren’t good at playing multiple builds, then you will lose to a more skilled player. That is the way it should be, versus losing to a lower skilled player who is using one broken list.

• Azgrim December 1, 2013 10:12 am

If I play Ravenwing I cant play with sammy or the bikes but if I play SM bikes I can play with Supermaster on a biike and all my bikes without a problem every game.That doesn’t seem right

Reecius December 1, 2013 12:53 pm

I agree on that point.

• Jrandom December 1, 2013 10:48 am

Hey Azgrim,

I think I better understand your issue, after reading Sammael’s Army List description where it states that DA only get bikes as Troops when including him (compared to vanilla marines who get it via Captains and CMs). I think that is weak, but there are lots of other builds. I am a fan of the Dakka Banner with Tac Marines. Also 5 man unit of double HB landspeeders with Prescience is nice. Or use the Stealth giving landspeeder along with IG artillery in Camo Netting behind an ADL (which is a list to use against opponents who don’t ignore cover).

3. Azgrim December 1, 2013 1:01 pm #

Sure there are build but a DA player would need to bring 2-4 different army lists with all the needed models, where as the SM guy can play with 1 list.That adds for some interesting match up system gaming,oh your playing dragiowing ill bring my deathwing ,orks here is my ravenwing .Now is this a good or a bad thing for a tournament to allow this type of system who knows

• Jrandom December 1, 2013 3:01 pm #

But is that SM player’s 1 list going to be the best possible list in each mission and versus each different race?

In Warma-Hordes, people will bring 2-3 lists to a tournament, and 65% or more of the models will be the same in each list.

I don’t think that the SM player you speak of will be doing himself any favors by only bringing his biker army to every match.

• Azgrim December 1, 2013 4:41 pm #

its not that the SM play wont do well with that list its that he has to do well with it every game since he didn’t bring a special character and cant swap

4. Caleb w December 2, 2013 3:53 am #

I think that idea would make for a good one off tournament but I would be sad to see that adopted by all the tournaments .

Reecius December 2, 2013 8:37 am #

I agree, I wouldn’t mind it as a change of pace (so long as I didn’t play an army that required an SC) but not on an ongoing basis.