Warhammer 40K Tips, Tricks and Dirty Tactics; Defensive Assault

In this episode of Tips, Tricks and Dirty Tactics, Reecius shows you how to assault while minimizing your opponent’s overwatch. This is a great tactic to use against Tau especially! For more videos, tips, tricks and tactics check out the Tactics Corner!

16 Responses to “Warhammer 40K Tips, Tricks and Dirty Tactics; Defensive Assault”

1. TrueKnight November 6, 2013 2:58 pm #

tactics aside, these videos are worthwhile just for the sound effects lol

Reecius November 6, 2013 3:10 pm #

Haha, glad they’re fun!

2. TrueKnight November 6, 2013 4:15 pm #

seriously though, these are good tips you guys post up… II don’t get to play as often as I’d like to develop some of these on my own so its nice to benefit from someone else’s dirty work!

Reecius November 6, 2013 4:49 pm #

Happy to help! These, I hope, show that tactics overcome lists or any of the other stuff you hear people talk about. The better player usually wins and these are ways to play around a list mismatch or crummy mission.

3. Doc_S November 6, 2013 6:35 pm #

Loved the little comments in the video this time hahah definitely added to your story telling ability Reecius. I agree with TrueKnight, its awesome to see these tactics shown and actually explained because just this last weekend I got in a rules debate because I used this tactic to assault a 20 man blob of Imperial Guard that was twin linked. I could see my opponent going Muuuahaha! (Because of his devious planning of knowing I would charge him and presciencing his unit) I shall kill at least 3 in over watch!, but only got 1 because of my positioning. Of course he got really pissed and I had to rules lawyer and go, No it says right here in the rule book you follow the NORMAL rules for Line of Sight, Range, etc.

Reecius November 6, 2013 6:42 pm #

Yeah, people don’t know how to play the rules correctly more often than not and it, unfortunately, can cause issues. But a mature player will realize that they are the one to blame for ignorance of the rules, not you.

4. Benji November 6, 2013 7:55 pm #

So could you not also try and get only one of the unit your charging in LoS to your gribblies so only one of their models gets to fire OW?

5. Corbeau November 7, 2013 1:54 pm #

Imagine that tactic when charging from a landraider, you get out mostly on the side…
    Also a good tactic for rhinos (if you did’nt get out this turn). Oh no that right, transport vehicule are total crapp this edition…;)

Reecius November 9, 2013 7:53 am #

Yeah, they’re soooooo bad =P

6. Mark November 9, 2013 5:50 am #

The subtitles were hilarious!

Reecius November 9, 2013 7:52 am #

Thanks! haha, we were laughing while we wrote them =)

7. G-Man November 10, 2013 8:17 pm #

Great tip – never even considered this! Balloons are great! thumbs-up!

8. DaveyUK December 28, 2013 2:50 am #

really like these vids
    clear, give examples and fun, please keep them coming

Reecius December 28, 2013 1:56 pm #

Thanks, glad you liked them! We got side tracked with LVO, Holidays and our kickStarter, but we will get back into them in the near future.