Warhammer 40K Video Battle Report Dark Eldar vs Ultramarines

de.lotus.1

Challenges, hoooo! Anthony calls Frankie out with his Ultramarines. Can the Kabal of the Poison Lotus keep up their win streak? Frankie’s betting a box set of product that no one can knock him down but Anthony thinks he’s got what it takes! As always, check out the Tactics Corner for more great information!

17 Responses to “Warhammer 40K Video Battle Report Dark Eldar vs Ultramarines”

1. David November 2, 2013 2:51 pm

That was a nail biter!

I’m loving me some drop pods! As long as the unit doesn’t need to be mobile, it’s the shizzy!

Reecius November 2, 2013 3:13 pm

Yeah, they’re pretty dang solid!

2. jy2
    jy2 November 2, 2013 4:38 pm

I don’t think I’m going to challenge him. Would be like taking candy from a baby. 😀 😀 😉

Reecius November 2, 2013 5:43 pm

hahahaha, burn!

3. Chip November 2, 2013 5:47 pm

Aren’t the venom guns turret-mounted? That would make a big difference.

• jy2
      Jy2 November 2, 2013 6:15 pm

Nope.

4. Doc_S November 2, 2013 8:10 pm

Could you please touch on how a Tactical Squad can Combat Squad in the same drop pod? We were under the impression that you combat squad before deployment and for the purpose of any rules they are considered separate units from the moment you split that squad (in this instance a 10 man tac squad into 2 separate 5 man squads). When this applies to transports like a drop pod only a single unit can be inside the transport. Therefore 1 5 man unit could drop pod in, but the other, a separate unit could not. Am I mistaken here or is this just a misunderstood ruling?

• dr.insanotron November 2, 2013 10:24 pm

From the Space Marine Codex rule for combat squad. pg# 76

In an exception to the normal rules, two combat
      squads split from the same unit can embark in the same
      transport vehicle, providing its Transport Capacity allows.

• Doc_S November 3, 2013 9:24 am

Thanks for clarifying that! I will definitely be using this tactic.

Reecius November 3, 2013 10:36 am

You can choose to combat squad out of the Drop Pod! It’s the exception to the rule.

• dr.insanotron November 3, 2013 11:18 am

You can combat squad in a rhino or any transport for that matter

• winterman November 4, 2013 2:09 pm

I believe that has changed to some degree from 5ed. You used to decide to split when the pod arrives but I believe you have to decide before deployment wether to split, then just have both squads ride in the same pod.

• dr.insanotron November 4, 2013 5:42 pm

Yes you do have to decide before the game starts to combat squad. But once you do the two halves can still ride in any transport together

5. Hippesthippo November 2, 2013 8:48 pm

Did you make use of any of your UM Chapter Tactics at all? If so, were they effective?

I like the big Guardian blobs. Seemed to do well for Darkwynn at FoB as well.

• White925 November 3, 2013 5:38 pm

Yeah the guardian blob was clutch that game and those doctrines were painful that first turn.

6. Anthony November 3, 2013 11:09 am

Yea, I popped the tactical doctrine the turn I came down, twin linking those meltaguns was clutch. Turn three I used the devastator doctrine to reroll the snap shots on the multimeltas from the tac squads that were still alive (I think there was maybe one left). Unfortunately re rolling one 6 wasn’t enough. I probably would’ve waited on the devastator doctrine if centurions weren’t slow and purposeful.

7. Jason
    Rawdogger November 3, 2013 10:30 pm

Didn’t I just see you (Anthony) taking some kind of painting class?