Tips, Tricks and Dirty Tactics! Flying Monstrous Creatures

tactics

Anonymou5 sends us in his Tips, Tricks and Dirty Tactics for getting the most out of your FMCs! As always, check out the Tactics Corner for more in depth information! Also this is Anonymou5’s first video, so shoot him any feedback on what you liked and didn’t care for, please!

31 Responses to “Tips, Tricks and Dirty Tactics! Flying Monstrous Creatures”

1. Salamanders4lyfe October 30, 2013 8:10 am #

I am a terrible cameraman… sorry guys 🙁

Reecius October 30, 2013 8:50 am #

No worries, it takes some getting used to. You should see our first videos, their unwatchable!

• Salamanders4lyfe October 30, 2013 9:13 am #

Haha, well I should have taken a dose of diazepam first. And also Daemon MCs are stupid good.

Reecius October 30, 2013 10:21 am #

Haha, no worries. The key we’ve found is to try and move the camera as little as possible. Also, if you have a tripod or stand, that helps, even if you want to move the camera as you can put the end down and pivot it around on one leg. It cuts down on the wobbles.

• anonymou5 October 30, 2013 1:44 pm #

Just wait man, if our drunk batrep gets posted (which is not entirely impossible), even the camera is drunk.

But since it has Space Wolves in it, it’s appropriate

2. Ehawther October 30, 2013 9:27 am #

Hold the phone! I love me some Fateweaver trickery too, but what’s all this “firing flickering flames and bolt of change” funny business happening here?

Despite being able to fire two weapons, no rules that I know of allow him to cast two witchfire powers.

Reecius October 30, 2013 10:20 am #

A monstrous creature can fire two weapons, therefore he can fire two witchfires. The only restriction is that it can’t be the same witchfire twice in the same turn. Crazy, right? A lot of folks don’t know that one.

• Fagerlund October 30, 2013 11:34 am #

Worth noting is also that Vector striking counts as firing a weapon, so if you do that only one power for that turn!

Reecius October 30, 2013 11:38 am #

True story.

• anonymou5 October 30, 2013 12:16 pm

It’s why I rarely vector strike with Fateweaver. He’s only str5 and better off shooting. Plus he doesn’t want to get close because of possible tarpitting, he can stay 24 ish inches away and shoot

• Punchingbag October 30, 2013 11:04 am #

Hold the phone! Gotcha on a rules mistake! Oh, wait, the Witchfire rule says you can fire two Witchfires if you can fire two weapons? I guess I should have checked the basic rule in question before giving you no credit and calling you out.

Thanks for the video guys.

Reecius October 30, 2013 11:34 am #

No worries dude, it happens all the time =) This is how we all learn to get better at the game!

3. winterman October 30, 2013 12:30 pm #

Great video! It’s a nice amalgamation of all the these things you know they can do, but in combination you see just how effective they can be.

Would point out though that in the Fateweaver shooting example you mentioned flickering firing on the farther unit and beaming through starting with the front. Based on my reading of the beam rules you can’t do that since the following should apply to a psychic monstrous creature.”the first model hit must be from the same unit that the rest of the Psyker’s unit targets that phase.”

Reecius October 30, 2013 1:02 pm #

Ahhhh, good catch. That may undermine some of these tactics.

• anonymou5 October 30, 2013 1:14 pm #

Damn sorry. I don’t know how many times I’ve read the beam rule. Classic example of ignoring what you don’t want to see

It doesn’t change anything versus infantry but does reduce (although not remove) it’s effectiveness versus vehicles

• winterman October 30, 2013 3:41 pm #

No sweat, I had to look it up myself cause I wasn’t 100% sure if it was 6ed beams or just FAQd for the old 5ed psuedo beams.

Reecius October 30, 2013 7:54 pm

You can still use the tactic, you just shoot everything at the first target and then draw the line through the others. Slightly less effective but it still works.

4. Ivestar October 30, 2013 12:30 pm #

Great video. Thought you pretty much nailed it. Thanks Anonymou5! Keep ’em coming.

• Crustav October 30, 2013 1:33 pm #

Great video! So keep them coming.
      Maybe slow down a little bit for all of us that doesn’t speak english every day.

• anonymou5 October 30, 2013 1:59 pm #

Thanks for the kind words. I will try to slow down next time.

I was thinking of doing one on how I build/abuse my Grey Hunter squads next.

• Creed October 30, 2013 3:32 pm #

Please do!

5. Black Blow Fly October 30, 2013 6:47 pm #

Great tactical tips! Thanks for taking the time to share.

6. Soulblade October 30, 2013 9:00 pm #

Hey wait…. didn’t I see that guy running a bunch of corgis on one of the lower tables last tourney? 😉

• anonymou5 October 31, 2013 9:14 am #

Haha, I only have two Corgis in my Army, not a bunch, so probably not me; haha

Plus it’s the 21st Century, my last tournament is on TOF http://app.torrentoffire.com/#/ (Redstone Rumble). You can find me and my not bottom table performance. Of course you already know that, ha, cause you were there…who am I talking to?

7. kingsfan2099 October 30, 2013 9:59 pm #

Thanks for shedding some light on how to get the most out of your FMC’s. It also makes me feel a lot better for getting rules wrong or what have you as it usually really bugs me when I get a rule wrong that benefits me. I think these tactics videos are amazing. The game is so much more than just building a list and think this will shed tons of light on that.

• anonymou5 October 31, 2013 8:33 pm #

Yeah, I agree. There is actually a ton of subtle depth to the game; most of in the movement phase.

Of course the rule set is still terribly written, but oh well. When newer players ask me about the rules I also say “the general flow to the game. Shoot, wound, save is intuitive and fun, but the specialized rules are a nightmare”

8. Powder October 31, 2013 6:51 am #

Thanks! really enjoyed this video. Nice fateweaver tips. will be used this weekend at FLGS tourney 🙂

• anonymou5 October 31, 2013 8:31 pm #

Thanks. Remember, Fateweaver is a weapon not a tax. He is the most important model in the Circus. It’s important to find the line between aggression and protection. He is a rare mix of both fragile and invincible, and will win you tons of games.

9. Tarrant October 31, 2013 8:56 am #

Again, a great tactic/trick video! Thanks for posting and anonymou5 you did fine.

T.

• anonymou5 October 31, 2013 8:33 pm #

Haha. Appreciate it. I’ll be a youtube star eventually!

Reecius October 31, 2013 8:41 pm #

You’ll never defeat my Breaking Bad, Badger Voice technique, muahaha!