Warhammer 40K Video Battle Report: Ultramarines vs Eldar 1500pts

science

Frankie busts out a recently completed Eldar commission against Reecius’ Calgar lead Ultramarines in a 1500pt battle report!

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
18 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Mike
Mike
8 years ago

Aren’t there ways in the Space Marines codex to reroll random charge? Either with jump packs, or U&BT chapter tactics?

Peter
Reply to  Mike

Hey, thanks for snarihg what she taught you with us. I’ve had both Matt DiPietro and Ron Kruzie give me pointers of Two Brush blending (only the PP crowd call it that, everyone else calls it Feathering ) in the past but never picked up on the moving your brush up and down slightly perpendicular to the fade before, will have to give that a try. All my previous success with the technique has come down to just the right consistency of thinned paint, medium, and saliva; and a crescent motion with my brush. Thanks again for snarihg.

Ty
Ty
8 years ago

The Ultramarines army needs more blue!

Caldria
Caldria
8 years ago

Awesome game, but didn’t the Eldar have 3 HQs at 1500? the Avatar, Farseer and Illic?

I love watching your guys’ vids, always fun to watch.

Pascal Roggen
8 years ago

yup, defo a mistake for the eldar, you cant ally iyanden with elder, they are the same book. it’s the only supplement which doesn’t work like that, though i wish it would…. mmm 4 wraith knights 😛

Mr E
Mr E
8 years ago

Ill just have to sniffle over my 6 wraithnights at 2000 points HAHA, about to buy 2 more love the kit

colinsherlow
colinsherlow
8 years ago

Question about the Vegas open. Will the tourney be allowing characters with infiltrate/scout to do join a unit that does not have either to infiltrate/scout? for example I use the Baron and a beast pack and join either Illic or Karandras to the unit. can they now infiltrate or scout?

I know that a unit cannot assault one the 1st turn if it scouts, but can a unit that infiltrates assault on the 1st turn? just wondering if my beast back will be more effective? assuming I think it is worth it to spend the extra points on Illic or Kanandras.

cause the unit would have the Baron, shard of anaris bike seer, beasts + other.

Any ideas for a list that could kick ass. DE will have to be the allies in this case

Son of Dorn
8 years ago

Is Marneus the double hammer CM from the book? Hahaha. Awesome!

Great game!

steven morrow
steven morrow
Reply to  Son of Dorn

I love two hammer master!

bigpig
bigpig

Good game.

I’ve been running Marneus in a squad of honor guard. For 25pts a model to get 2+ and a power weapon they are just too cheap compared to tacs (not scoring though). I’ve had him in a LR so far for mobility but I think its time to start trying the drop pod. Loving the Ultra chapter tactics and Marneus’ combat tactics just makes the army so flexible.

Cameron
Cameron
8 years ago

How are you playing that terrain? It looked like models were able to scale the walls with ease.

Mark
Mark
8 years ago

Wow! First battle report I’ve seen from you guys. Really, really enjoyed it.

Great commentary on why you were doing what you were doing and your hopes and fears about the upcoming turns. Very informative to see two top level players discuss their game like that.

Again, great job. I’ll be scouring your site for more reports now.

Brian
Brian
8 years ago

Love the commentary between turns. Well done. Although I did find the 3 Eldar HQ units a bit questionable.

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x