- First week of October, Starting Wednesday the 2nd, we will be taking orders for our 25% off sale!
- The Fantasy Escalation league is rolling right along and it has been good fun so far.
- Forgeworld releases a video of Ferrus Manus! Sweeeet!
- Tickets for Duelcon, Comikaze, Las Vegas Open! Get em while they’re hot! Also, it looks like we will be using the Torrent of Fire software, so stay tuned for more details there.
- The Bitz trading day was a big success! Frontline was bustling with gamers swapping bitz! We’re having another one on Saturday, October 19th.
- Shadowrun 5th ed Book pictures are out!
- Buckenkopf Gaming shows off some pictures of the very cool new Micro Art Studios defense lines.
- Fantasy Flight releases a new expansion for X-Wing: Imperial Aces.
- Fantasy Flight is also in the beta testing phase of Dark Heresy Second Edition!
- Dark Extinction, a new game gearing up to launch its Kicstarter, looks interesting. Not a lot of info but the 3D renders of the models really look cool.
- Defiance Games’ kickstarter for their Hardsuit miniature is going well, and what a cool looking mini it will be!
Rumors: The Rumor Section is gathered from the web and is not in any way information we receive from any manufacturer nor is it necessarily accurate. This section of the podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only.
- Rumors about tons of cool new supplements possibly coming our way. Like, tons! Fleshtearers, Speed Freaks, Alpha Legion, Raven Guard, Tyranid Hive Fleets, etc. etc. etc. Lots of goodies on the way! Rumors that new model kits will come with rules in them like the Fortifcations did. Sounds interesting.
- BIG RUMOR! Specialist games to return in 2014 starting with Epic! We shall see if that turns out to be accurate.
- Another big rumor that Tyranids may be coming later than previously suspected. Also, Supplements may only be released 1 per month, which honestly, is probably better.
- Dark Elves are rumored to be coming up sooner than later although the exact date is unknown. However, almost the entire range is rumored to be getting redone and over and over we’re hearing that they are stunning models.
- Imperial Guard rumors are swirling. Some of them sound interesting. Regimental doctrines like SM Chapter Tactics, examples given that Cadians can issue 2 order and Catachans get Move Through Cover and Jungle Fights, whatever that may mean if this is accurate. Rumors of artillery kits, Hydras, plastic Rough Riders, a Veteran/Storm Trooper combo kit, and these are relaly interesting, AdMech Robots?! Sweet, those haven’t been in the game in ages but we’ve seen Forgeworld bringing them back. Also, the biggest part, that the “big” IG kit may not be a Baneblade but a Knight Paladin! Awesome!
- A listener asked where he could download the intro music from our video bat reps as it would set the mood in the bedroom with his wife! haha
- Jy2 sent us tournament results from a Warrington, UK tournament. Horrifying.
This was the top 15 at Warrington, UK:
4 Eldar / DE
5 Eldar / SW
7 Screamerstar Daemons
8 Necrons / Tau
9 Tau / Eldar
10 Eldar / Tau
13 Eldar / Tau
14 Tau / Eldar
Scary, isn’t it? Whereas Tau did the best in US recently (i.e. Nova), in the UK, it seems to be Eldar.
- We tried out a max unit of Centurion Devastators with character support and they were surprisingly good.
- Discuss the Flyer ruling further.
- 1- Is it possible to take O’vesa or anyone else on the Command Team for your HQ without taking Farsight?
There seems to be some confusion on that topic.
- Can you replace a grenade on a Space Marine IC (or any character) with a weapon from the wargear list?
- Aaron B. asks: Can you assault on the bottom of turn 1 if you scout or infiltrate?
- Does Vulkan twin link all of the meltas in the army or only the units with chapter tactics? -Dan M.
- Does Marneus Calgar’s or Vulkan’s Powers go away if they die?
- Can you give the Apothecary wargear in a command squad?
- Does a Grav Gun cause a penetrating hit or is it a special effect?
Space marine captain with artificer armour, bike, thunderhammer
Sternguard x 10 in a pod
Siege Dread in a pod
10 Scouts with meltabombs and land speeder storm (with HF)
10 tacticals with Meltabombs, MG and combi-MG in a pod
5 man bike with 2 grav guns
8 bikes with a MM attack bike, 2 grav guns
2 x storm talons with skyhammer
Leaves me with 12 points for a combi whatever and 2 sniper rifles
Korsarro Khan with Moondrakken
Command Squad with bikes:
Veteran with thunder hammer and storm shield
2x Veteran with Power Weapon (halberd/lance from Grey Knights) and storm shield
points a lot of points but with Khan will be able to survive and remove anything off an objective
Storm Seer (Librarian) with Mastery Level 2 upgrade, bike, and auspex
Bike squad with 5 bikes and 1 attack bike with Multi Melta
1 grav gun
1 plasma gun
Regular sgt ( don’t need upgrade since using Storm Seers leadership 10. But he will take a claw for a little punch at initiative.
4 x Bike Squad with 5 bikes and one attack bike with Multi Melta
1 upgraded Veteran Sgt for leadership 9 and with power weapons – katanas
1 grav gun and 1 plasma gun or Multi Melta in the squad
2 storm talon with assault cannons and sky hammer missiles.