- Comikaze! We’ve got Warmachine and Hordes as well as 40K! Space is limited though, don’t wait.
- Get your LVO tickets! 40K is just about half full!
- Dulecon is almost on us and we just got word that we’ve got folks from the Central Coast and San Diego coming out in force! Over 80 people signed up so far, that’s great!
- Horus Heresy Book 2: The Massacre will be up for pre-sale at Games Day UK. Very cool, can’t wait to see the new primarch models!
- New FW Riptide and….wow. Just amazing.
- Puppets War releases a ton of pics of their new products and they are pretty dang impressive.
- Raging Heroes releases a new model for their Toughest Girls in the Galaxy line….a baby hippo? They also release some super cool new fantasy models for the Avatars of War line.
- So, Cedric the mysterious Canadian and author of Warpheim, a game or Auto-Erotic Defenestration, has published the rules to his game on the web. Check it out….if you dare!
- We’re building a new section of the Frontline Gaming site! It is in the main navigational menu at the top, under the tab: Tactics Corner.
- Guild of Harmony releases some cool new steampunk models!
- Baueda releases some cool sandbag bunker terrain in 28mm. Very nice looking but pricey.
- Privateer Press releases some new minis. Obstructors, the Razorwing Griffon, and Trollkin Champions.
- They also preview some cool looking new releases, Flame Bringers, Perforators, The Best Mistress, The Optifex Directive, and Blighted Nyss Legionnaires.
Rumors: The Rumor Section is gathered from the web and is not in any way information we receive from any manufacturer nor is it necessarily accurate. This section of the podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only.
- Rumors circulating that in fact, FW will not be coming to the GW website but that it was discussed seriously at one point in time. And, directly contradicting this, rumors indicate that FW will be sold via GW’s site…time will tell.
- Sisters of Battle possibly getting a digital codex release in the not so distant future.
- Crazy rumor that GW had planned a spin-off game for the great crusade! It was supposedly a totally different game with different rules and codices but was cancelled.
- Why do Elite units never score? What about a rule that makes Elite units scoring in certain missions?
- That came to us via D.W. Hamthorne, who is a 40K gamer and also the author of an eBook series called the Ever War, check it out.
- Isaac wrote in asking about ways to write the story for his counts as DIY Marine chapter.
- Space Marines second thoughts.
- Raven Guard chapter tactics. Pg.78 says that Bulky and Very Bulky units can’t scout or get stealth turn one, the back of the book says bulky and very bulky only don’t get stealth.
- Hey guys I’ve been pouring over the new space marine dex and I have a question that I don’t think can be resolved RAW at all. Here is the question:Grav guns wound based on the targets armor save value, what do they wound on when shooting at a mixed space unit? Broadsides with missile drones come to mind as does a rip tide with drones.
Like I said I don’t think any rule tells us what to do. Am I wrong about that? If not how would you as a TO play it?
As with trying to decided any RAI I can think of arguments both ways.
As always, I enjoy the podcast and keep up te great work
my chaos marines are continuing to kick serious but and my bikes are more fun then ever! Thank you again for the great job you guys did with them.
Sent from my iPhone
- Hi there fellas,
Question: How ought we to treat the chapter tactics available in Imperial Armour books (specially the two Bad War books, and the new Fall of Orpheus) in light of the release of the sixth edition Space Marine codex? I have a detachment based on the CTs of Lias Issodon (who provides Stealth army-wide for ALL turns), which I plan on bring to Duelcon in two weeks; and have further plans to use Asterion Moloc for a Minotaur detachment.
Please feel free to put question up on the podcast. Thanks for your hard work.
- FAQ changes: Rad Grenades work for the unit firing them.
- Can only ever fire one weapon on overwatch.
- Flyers can never score an objective, including the Heldrake.
- Ignore cover does work on vehicles.
2x 10 man Guardians
Scatter Laser, Holo Fields
5 man Jetbike
5 Dark Reapers
Starshot (Str 8)
Fast Shot, Night Vision
Puretide, Ignores Cover, 2+ suit
2 Shield Drones
Skyfire, Interceptor, Ion Excelerator
10 Fire Warriors
High Yield Missiles, Smart Missile System, Skyfire
2x Shield Drones
From the list author:
The Farseers take Runes of Fate, until one of them gets fortune, and then they roll Divination. Ideally I will have 2 guides, 2 prescience, fortune, and then a sixth power. The Suit Commander, will be with the Dark Reapers giving them tank/monster hunter, ignores cover, and tanking whatever gets thrown at them. If I need to shoot down a plane he can jump over and join the Riptide or Broadsides.
I want the dark reaper exarch to be on the icarus lascannon, so he will fire 2 BS 5 lascannons into whatever flies onto the board.
I am not sure about the troops, I don’t know if I will a have enough. I made the guardians 10 man, because eventually I will have to get out of the Wave Serpents to claim objectives, and I want to make sure I have somewhat of a chance to survive it. I could drop the Dark Reaper Exarch and fit in a 6th Jetbike to make them two squads of 3 which might help.
I am also not sure about the Aegis, I was thinking maybe taking a Skyshield instead so I get a 4++ on the dark reapers and Broadsides. and hide my Serpents from barrage.
Lastly I don’t have any marker lights in the army. With the amount of rerolls I can give out and ignores cover on a squad I don’t think I need them, but I’m not sure. HALP.