Warhammer 40K Video Bat Rep New Space Marines vs Chaos

tactics

Reecius busts out the new Imperial Fists Space Marines against Frankie’s tournament Chaos and Daemon rush list.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
30 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
anonymou5
anonymou5
8 years ago

Great batrep, want to see more Space Marines in action. I picked up the codex and I’m enjoying it, but I haven’t been able to actually play 40k in weeks; so I appreciate the barep more than usually

The walk out of reserves directly into the Bastion is my trick, you can send the royalty check when you get a chance

I’m not sure on this because all my 40k minus the new Marines codex is packed up, but I think when first blood happens via assault, you determine which was “first” by initiative step. Thus Abaddon would have died before the Dread regardless, but it’s possible I totally made that up

Frankie, the situation where your PBs could not take the objective until turn 6 is one of the many reasons I switched to Horrors for my “objective campers” They can run, shoot, and are actually almost as durable (although, to be fair, they often have to go to ground to survive)

Salamanders4lyfe
Salamanders4lyfe
Reply to  Reecius

Got any planned batreps using a beefy chapter master with honor guard?

Salamanders4lyfe
Salamanders4lyfe
Reply to  Reecius

Sweet! My current plan is to use a CM with burning blade/eternal shield, 5 honor guard w/ 3 Power Mauls and 2 Power axes, put em in a drop pod heavy list with 10 sternguard (double heavy flamer) and assault squads (no jetpacks) with double flamers, should be a hefty alpha strike using sally chapter tactics.

steven morrow
steven morrow
8 years ago

Do a batrep with chaos space marines using chaos space marines! lol

steven morrow
steven morrow
Reply to  Reecius

ahh but it would be a great way to show why they cant hang.

steven morrow
steven morrow
Reply to  Reecius

Lol just dont try to make a bull rush full assauly army. use them as a shooting army hiding behind heldrake threat with spawn and the like running interference in the middle. At least give them a chance at doing something lol

Charles
Charles
8 years ago

Ok reecius if them centurions where grav cannon/ amp the games outcome might be a lot different. IMHO. Check them out replay the game you will see…maybe.

Adam
Reply to  Reecius

Boo! I’d still rather take Mutilators!

Adam
Reply to  Reecius

Dude, it’s like a Centurion, but cheaper, can deep strike, causes fear, has a 5++ and can be buffed by Grimoire. Cry more Assault Centurions!

D-ManA
D-ManA
Reply to  Charles

The grav cannon is good against most armies but against Frankie’s list they will only be wounding on 6s and with Abaddon being in a cultists unit they will be wounded on a 6 also. Even with re-roll to wounds they would have caused less wounds than what the assault centerions flamers did. Now the hurricane bolters on the Dev. centurions will rip them to shreds unless luck is on Frankie’s side again and Abaddon tanks those wounds.

Tangentical
8 years ago

Did warp storm do anything at all?

Moridan
Moridan
8 years ago

I would really love to see some of the Grav weapons in action. I have a campaign match in a week against a guy running a bunch of Grav bikers. 9-(

Great report guys, best in the business!

Adam
Reply to  Moridan

Grav in this game would have been pitiful actually. Really, Grav is totally match up dependent. In tournaments I could see someone winning hard with grav spam, then they get put against orks or daemons and suddenly their guns are worse than bolters!

umbo
umbo
Reply to  Reecius

another reason you take them on bikes, as you have the twin linked bolter as backup

Adam
Reply to  umbo

If you take 2 units of bikes with gravs and combi-gravs, then you’re spending 80 points on weapons that are nearly useless in some match ups. Having twin-linked bolters doesn’t negate the fact that you paid for grav weapons.

steven morrow
steven morrow
Reply to  umbo

Yeah geav weapons are good but maxing them out will cost in game especially tournament settings. but please do so hopefully you play the quad riptide list or massed wraithknights early and knock them out for the rest of us lol. A mix of specials especially plasma is much better tac

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x