- Like us no Facebook!
- Follow us on Twitter! We done started tweetin!
- The Las Vegas Open is hot! We have now players coming in from Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, the UK, Canada, the USA and China! We’re over 1/3 full for the 40K championships and approaching half full! Fantasy championships is at 25% and climbing. Don’t wait on those main event tickets.
- Fantasy Flight Games announces BattleLore second edition.
- Allegiant Air again has some great deals on flights to Mesa, AZ if you want to fly out to Duel Con on the cheap!
- Doc Dragon, running Celesticon, said he’d be willing to let clubs call each other out at the tournament! That could be a lot of fun. The tournament is Saturday, August 31st at 9am.
- TT Combat did a feature on our paint studio! Check it out.
- New FW Adeptus Mechanicus units the Castellax Battle Automata and Magos Dominus look pretty awesome. They also released the new version of Imperial Armor Apocalypse! Woot! We love FW so this is on our hot list.
- Privateer Press releases some awesome new models for painting and collecting. Masterworks Victoria Haley and the Steelsoul Keg Protector among others. Check them out! These are limited run models only.
- Hawk Wargames announces the new DropZone Commander 2 Player Starter Set! Looks cool and a good deal, too. 2 armies, rules, templates, dice, measuring tape and a playing mat plus terrain!
- Micro Art Studios releases some new -1 Hull Point Counters and some really beautiful new bases.
- The Black Legion Supplement is up for Pre-Order on iTunes.
- Antenociti’s Workshop releases a very cool walker suitable for 28mm and 15mm gaming.
- Wrath of Kings Kicstarter went live with a BANG! Already in 6 figures and destroyed their 50K goal in days. Really gorgeous Japanese themed fantasy figures.
Rumors: The Rumor Section is gathered from the web and is not in any way information we receive from any manufacturer nor is it necessarily accurate. This section of the podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only.
- Forgeworld is making a new Tau suit! It is described as a super stealth suit that can go in solo, hit the enemy and then get out again. Sounds awesome! The FW suits are lovely models.
- Early rumors that Nids might be coming in the not too distant future. Some of the rumors sound so boss! Hive Guard with Skyfire? YES! Pyrovores with Torrent and a points reduction? A rumored big bug that could possibly be the Dominatrix from Epic and is described as being in relative in size to the Tervigon what the Wraithknight is to the Wraithlord? Wow! Plastic Harpy (hopefully with rules that don’t absolutely suck) and all the missing characters like the parasite, Doom, spore pod, etc? Sounds awesome, time will tell if this is what goes down.
- GW rereleasing the Armageddon codex as a group of supplements? Rumors are circulating that far off in the future it is possible that we will see a group of supplements for the Armageddon War! Cool! Special kits are rumored such as plastic Mega Nobz, War Buggies and Waxdakka for Orks, special Terminators and Flamer/Melta weapons for Salamanders, and possibly a Griffon/Salamanders kit for Steel Legion! Awesome, and supplements for all of the armies in Armageddon. That would be cool if true. However, some counter rumors indicate that supplements will only come out for books that are current to 6th and that no supplement specific units will be made, they will only modify existing units.
- So Jy2 wrote in with our record so far in 6th ed, and here it is. I am up by just 1 game! It’s very close and I look forward to the next match:
- Jy2′s CSM+Daemons vs Reece’s Footdar – Tie
- Jy2′s New Chaos Daemons vs Reece’s Tyranids – Tie
- Jy2′s Tyranids vs Reece’s Night Lords CSM – Tyranids win
- Jy2′s Purifier Grey Knights vs Reece’s TAC Marines – Marines win
- Jy2′s old Daemons vs Reece’s SonsofAnOrky – Orks win
- Also, I have for you a rules lawyer suggestion.A player in our group recently clarified that we had been playing area terrain incorrectly. Ex- a ruins on a base is not area terrain. Area terrain is an un-based cluster of trees. thus going to ground in a ruins with a base does not give you a 2+ cover save, since they are not area terrain. it would only give you a 3+, which is not how we, and i bet a lot of players have been playing it.
also, craters created by exploded vehicles are area terrain, and grant you the 2+ cover save if you go to ground in them, making them as good of cover as a ruin. we also had not been playing this right, and i think it’s pretty important in the game right now.see you guys at BeerHammer in Vegas!
- This one comes via Jack S.
- I was hoping you could give me the 411 on the Dark Eldar’s Court of the Archon.
Specifically, do you need to run the Archon that allows you to take them as a choice as part of the unit or can I have them run on their own w/ 1 Medusae, 1 Lhamaean, 1 Ur-Ghul, and 3 Sslyth so that the unit is toughness 5?
- Follow up on Warp Storm and the dreaded 11. Thanks to Noah for pointing this out, Pg.7 of the Rulebook FAQ clearly states that units that are vehicles or are in vehicles cannot be affected by Leadership abilities. Case closed on that one.
HS Wraithknight w Suncannon and 5++sheild, sc. laser
Farseer Bike Mantle witchblade 3 powers (HnR Shrd Stlth re-roll cover saves.)
FA 9 Spiders
TR 3 jetbiker guards 1 shur cannon
TR 3 jetbiker guards 1 shur cannon
HS 3 warwalker w b.lance, sc laser, 5++
HS 3 shadow batteries +6 guards
4X TR 7 dire avengers91
Wave Serpent tl scl aser shurcannon holo field, serpent shield
The shooting from the wave serpents is the MVP here. the only draw-back is deploying them to get shot at first turn when i go 2nd.
Depending on the opponent, terrain and mission i might outflank the walkers, spiders and bikes.
If it looks really bad i might even reserve the serpents, but generally they can survive the first round, hopefully getting ruins cover saves.
The re-rollable 2++ on the farseer almost insures he’s a waste of shooting.
This list just went 3-0 at a tourney up here vs. Guard BA and DE. even causing a small amount of rage-quitting