Warhammer 40K Video Battle Report: Eldar vs Tyranids 1750pts

Video Battle Report

Video Battle Report

Vince comes over to Frontline Gaming with his Tyranids to challenge Reecius’ Eldar!

20 Responses to “Warhammer 40K Video Battle Report: Eldar vs Tyranids 1750pts”

1. steven morrow July 21, 2013 4:26 am

Brutal

• steven morrow July 21, 2013 4:34 am

Ive found that if tervigons keep spawning I can barely keep up attrition battle with my guard. With my chaos armies I cant keep up and am ground down to nothing and the monstrous creatures mop me up.

Reecius July 21, 2013 10:52 am

Yeah, not getting more Gants really hurt. That was what put the nail in Vince’s coffin.

2. steven morrow July 21, 2013 4:27 am

I graduated from Clovis west

3. Black Blow Fly July 21, 2013 4:57 am

Great game – big win for the space elves !

Reecius July 21, 2013 10:53 am

Thanks! I took my second loss yesterday and I lost BIG! Got totally pwnd by Daemons. I played like an idiot, but that would have been a tough game either way.

• steven morrow July 21, 2013 11:12 am

what sort of daemon list? Have you fought a daemonette horde speed build?

Reecius July 21, 2013 11:55 am

It was a list featuring Seekers, Fiends, Fateweaver, Hell Turkey and a bunch of psykers. Very good list and I made a huge mistake in the beginning of the game that cost me.

4. jy2
    jy2 July 21, 2013 12:08 pm

His daemons aren’t unbeatable, but you can’t really make mistakes against him. He will punish you when you do.

Reecius July 21, 2013 1:46 pm

Oh no doubt, I could have beat him that game, I was just going on very little sleep and made a huge tactical blunder that cost me the game and then he rolled an 11 on the Warp Storm table, turning my Warlord into a herald and I just called it there, hahaha, the game was over.

5. olddog July 21, 2013 8:55 pm

What was the intro song? Very nice watch btw.

Reecius July 22, 2013 9:07 am

Just a random MP3 file I had with my editing software. It’s pretty cool though, huh?

6. Tangentical July 22, 2013 4:33 am

One idea for you… Grizzly trophies on your Ravager… 5points to re-roll psychic checks (all leadership tests…5th ed codex FTW) in close proximity, can be v useful (also against Doom).

Reecius July 22, 2013 9:10 am

Excellent idea! I had not considered that and seriously, lately I have been failing about 1/4 to 1/3 of my checks, on an 11 every time too, it’s weird. But no, that is a brilliant idea, thanks!

• Tangentical July 22, 2013 9:59 am

No worries, I modelled mine using the corpse on a stick from the fantasy corpse cart… The effort makes me feel better about the Battle Brother shenanigans.

We are list comrades, I however already have two wave serpents and they kick butt and take names…all the names.

Reecius July 22, 2013 10:49 am

I think I am just going to use a single Serpent. I like them a lot, but I keep vacillating between 1 and 2. I think I prefer 2 units of Dires on foot over the second Serpent, but I will most likely paint up two to have so I can mix it up.

• Bigpig July 22, 2013 3:38 pm

I don’t think you lack mobility now, and there’s a lot to be said for boots on the ground… As long as there aren’t a lot of turkeys around

7. Tarrant July 22, 2013 10:51 am

Great report and nice looking armies!! Tangentical, great idea using the Grizzly Trophies….have to look into that one.

T.

• Tarrant July 22, 2013 11:18 am

Also, speaking of fickle dice: Played a team game over the weekend (1500 pts/player – Orks/Necrons vs. Nids/Eldar…we randomized teams after army builds). 2nd turn of the game had the Okr Warboss and his Nob biker buddies 5″ from a unit of Wraithguard….rolled snake-eyes for the charge distance under Waagh!! Bikers don’t get the Fleet rule under Waaghh (Infantry only)!! 3rd Turn of the game rolled snake-eyes again for another charge that game (different unit). Woohooo!!! Still, it was a fun game. We had some good laughs and got to game with some good guys I’ve known for a long time.

8. Bigpig July 22, 2013 3:36 pm

Great game Reece! I was feeling pretty good about it till that melee with the Ymgarls went south. Definitely some swings on both sides, but no regrets. I don’t think I would have done anything differently if played again. The only real gamble I took was charging the tyrant up to snipe the baron. If I could have avoided the grounding checks it would have been worth it, so taking the risk and leaving his cod hanging out there was ok. I think this game really highlights how good target priority and fire sequencing really makes the difference between good players and consistently great players. Your turn four shooting was perfect. By holding back the walkers you took advantage of the tervigon failing all his cover saves and we’re able to kill the hive guard too with volume fire. I had fun, gotta get work to send me out of town again for a rematch. 😉