Signals from the Frontline: Warhammer 40K and General Gaming News, Rumors, Reviews, Tactics and Bad Jokes!
Press play to listen to the podcast, live feed at the bottom of the notes.
7-16-13 Show Notes
- Pacific Rim was awesome!
- We got our Apoc goodies in! Shipments will be going out today. The new kits are gigantic, too!
- Rich, whom sent in a list for review, said he followed our advice and added in some cultists into his Chaos army and said it has been performing much better for him. Sweet! Dylan also called in to say the list advice we gave helped him out, too! Nice one.
- Another cool Khorne Mower conversion was sent in to us showing how you can make one of these bad boys into a walker!
- Warlord Games is offering free worldwide postage until the end of July and also releases the new Jagdpanzer tank.
- Mecha Front releases a new concept image for their game.
- HiTech releases new Mantas, which look a lot like all of their other guys, but still very cool.
- More whispers on the wind about possible 40K supplements that will pair off famous enemies against one another! That would be super cool.
- Thanks for all the community feedback on us starting up with Fantasy.
- A listener wrote in asking about our experiences with competitive and casual gaming groups.
- This comes to us via Cameron B.
- This has to do with order of operations in determining characteristic modifiers (page 2).
- At the beginning of the chaos turn, Typhus casts Gift of Contagion on Ghazghkull and rolls a 3, so Ghazghkull has -1 S and -1 T.
- On the Ork turn, Ghazghkull charges Typhus. Ghazghkull has a power klaw and furious charge, and his base strength is 5.
- Is Ghazghkull’s attack resolved at S10 or S9? What this comes down to is if Gift of Contagion counts as a “combination of rules or wargear that modifies a characteristic”. Some have argued that since it happened on the previous player turn, it now is counted as the base characteristic, so it applies before multiplication.
- Also, to follow up on your video battle report, what happens when a chaos lord rolls a 25 on the chaos boon table, does that permanently alter their base characteristic, or is it applied after multiplication like a normal “rule that modifies a characteristic”.
- Reserves and psychic powers.
-2 lightning claws
-aura of dark glory
-steed of slaanesh
5 noise marines
5 noise marines
4 nurgle spawn
2 nurgle obliterators
10 plague bearers
- 1500 on the nose. the plan is to have the lord with the unmarked spawn allowing them to out flanked if needed. the tzeentch herald joins the screamers. the noise marines sit in the back field and blast things with the blast master. nurgle spawn rush the enemy. plague bearers sit on objectives. cultists deck chair and the oblits deep strike when needed other wise hang back and shoot. I know the lord might be better as a nurgle lord on a bike but need the slannesh mark for the noise marines and out flank ability. the lord and spawn unit will pick on troops and other units they are able to bully. any advice would be great thanks.